• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I need help with my team

Years
  • I recently started a new soul silver play through and i have a decent team (i think). But i have a flaw, first though my team:
    Nidorino, lvl 19, Moves: Poison Sting, Peck, Focus Energy, Duoble Kick,
    Gastly, lvl 21, Moves: Night Shade, Lick, Curse, Confuse Ray,
    Pidgeotto, lvl 22, Moves: Gust, U-turn, Sand-Attack, Twister,
    Quilava, lvl 22, Moves: Ember, Flame Wheel, SmokeScreen, Cut (i know, i know, don't teach your main team HMs, use an HM slave, i was extremely tired at the time and wasn't thinking straight),
    Togetic, lvl 22, Moves: Extrasensory, Metronome, Yawn, Encore.
    As you can tell my teams average weakness is the Psycic type (if i did math right). So i was wondering what a good dark type for early on is. I'm at Morty's gym, so some what early on. Any suggestion would help and i'll take into consideration (even if you think i should have a different typed pokemon or remove a pokemon).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It is supposedly possible to catch a Houndoom or Murkrow in the Johto Safari Zone near Cianwood, so there's that.

An easier alternative would be to catch a Magnemite, which can be found on the route just to the west of Ecruteak City. Steel resists Psychic, and the Electric typing will help for the water-based parts of the game. Psychic's not really a type you have to worry about much iirc until you get the 8 Johto badges.

Years
  • Do you have any other suggestions? I've used a magneton in my Diamomd, White 2, and Alpha sapphire play through and i'm trying to use pokemon that i don't normally use.

Years
    • Seen today
    Have you tried Slowbro before? You can catch a Slowpoke at the Slowpoke Well. Maybe swap Togetic for it?

And how about Tangrowth? You can catch a Tangela at Route 44. It'll evolve if you teach it AncientPower, which it can learn at level 33.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Do you have any other suggestions? I've used a magneton in my Diamomd, White 2, and Alpha sapphire play through and i'm trying to use pokemon that i don't normally use.
    something I forgot about until just now is that you get an Eevee from Bill in Goldenrod City, which you can evolve into an Umbreon

Years
    • Seen today
    I probably should have said this before but i can trade and get trade evoluions, ao would a slowking work better than a slowbro?
    Slowking has higher Special Defense, and can learn Nasty Plot. On the other hand, Slowbro has higher Defense. I'll leave this one up to you.

Years
  • So i think i might use an umbreon (i'm still accepting suggestions though) and i'm now looking for a good move set i saw one online and it contained: Curse, Payback, Moonlight, and Toxic but i don't know if thats a good move set for just playing through. So basicaly now i'm asking for a good move set for umbreon (and any other team editing suggestions).

Last edited:
    Back