• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] A very long, overdue return!

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
  • Hi there.

99.99% of the people on this site don't know me, and that's okay.
    I used to be very active on this website, (mainly in OT topics and Pokemon roleplaying). I joined this site a VERY long time ago. I joined PC on October 25th, 2004. I was 15 years old. I was still at that time, very obsessed with Pokemon and I remember I didn't have a lot of irl friends who still liked Pokemon at that time. Here I am, at the ripe old age of 33 (and still loving Pokemon), ready to make my return.

I met some incredible people on PC. I have fond memories of some of the roleplays I was in, and loved so dearly. I remember "pairs" and to be quite honest, haven't poked around enough to see if that's still a thing here.

I play a lot of ROM hacks, so I'll likely hover around that area, but I do want to get a feel of what this place is like now. I'm honestly, very excited to return to a place that brought me so much joy, 18 years ago.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen today
    Hi, ShieldWolf27, I'm Reginald. It's nice to meet such a long-time fan such as yourself. What was your first Pokémon game?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I remember "pairs" and to be quite honest, haven't poked around enough to see if that's still a thing here.
    It's still a thing here, though it's not something as many people do these days, and iirc the pair thread is buried in the depths of PC somewhere instead of being a stickied thread like it once was.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • It's still a thing here, though it's not something as many people do these days, and iirc the pair thread is buried in the depths of PC somewhere instead of being a stickied thread like it once was.

Isn't the pairing thread just at the top of the Forum Games page? Or was that something else?

Years
  • Hello, ShieldWolf27, and welcome back to the forums!
    It is always great to see long time members of PokéCommunity (and fans of Pokémon) come back.
    I can relate, I have been into Pokémon since Generation I too, as a teenager, and while I drifted away after Generation 3, I never truly left, got back into games, official and fan made, and finally joined PC forums!

I am happy to hear you had great times back then, and hope you will have more soon! Pairs are still a thing indeed, and there still are roleplays going on. Feel free to check if there is one you want to join!
    Have you also tried some fan games (like Insurgence, Zeta / Omicron, Reborn, ... ?)

I also can't help but let your username remind me of Zamazenta! ^^
    Looking forward to hear more from you on the forums!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi there.

99.99% of the people on this site don't know me, and that's okay.
    I used to be very active on this website, (mainly in OT topics and Pokemon roleplaying). I joined this site a VERY long time ago. I joined PC on October 25th, 2004. I was 15 years old. I was still at that time, very obsessed with Pokemon and I remember I didn't have a lot of irl friends who still liked Pokemon at that time. Here I am, at the ripe old age of 33 (and still loving Pokemon), ready to make my return.

I met some incredible people on PC. I have fond memories of some of the roleplays I was in, and loved so dearly. I remember "pairs" and to be quite honest, haven't poked around enough to see if that's still a thing here.

I play a lot of ROM hacks, so I'll likely hover around that area, but I do want to get a feel of what this place is like now. I'm honestly, very excited to return to a place that brought me so much joy, 18 years ago.
    oh wow you're an older member than I am o: at least in forum-age, i'm catching up to you in real age soon ;)

This place has changed tonnnns but honestly the core thing remains the same. There's even many of the same forum sections as at the dawn of time. Including roleplaying! I hope you'll enjoy your time back.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Isn't the pairing thread just at the top of the Forum Games page? Or was that something else?
    ….I did not realize it was there

I hardly look at Forum Games so I assumed it was gone

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • Welcome back from your 'vacation' =D

What Rom Hack did you enjoy playing the most? =)

I definitely enjoyed Radical Red. It was a fun challenge for sure and it was interesting playing through Kanto again with the option of having a bunch of the new Pokemon and raid dens!

Back