• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Year in Challenges

Years
It's the end of the year again, so let's talk about challenges. I and Loomie tried to do new kinds of events. I hope you enjoy them, because we have more in store for 2022. Other than that, this year was pretty quiet for challenges. The old staples were still active and no new cool challenge was introduced.

So, what did you play this year? What was your favourite challenge from this year? Did you enjoy our events? And what kind of event would you like to see next year?

For me personally, I kinda took break from Pokémon challenges this year. I did beat some, but nothing crazy like in 2020. I did The Professor Oak's Challenge, which was fun and I'm thinking about doing it again in some other games. As for 2022, I would love to get back to hardcore and solo Nuzlockes. I was also thinking about doing more monotype runs. But who knows what I'll do in the end...

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Well, this year I've finished 16 challenges in the HoF (plus two I didn't quite put there and one I'm working on right now).

Of those 9 were Monotypes (4 Water Monotypes and 5 Electric Monotypes) which isn't that surprising since I ended up co-hosting the challenge.

I guess I could have done more challenges - although life's a bit hectic - especially the Bingo ones I guess it's OK-ish, I can probably go for more in 2022.

As for the events, I liked them! There was a bit of a logistic wonkiness at some points, specially given the challenges were on a timetable but it wasn't anything overly detrimental to the overall experience and I found they were overall pleasant.

For 2022, I guess I plan on:
- Finishing the Electric Ultimate Monotype
- Finishing the Water Ultimate Monotype
- Finishing the Porygon Solo Ultimate
- Grinding that Bingo Challenge (I absolutely foresee the Unova row being the major block for that ... I should probably see if I can change that to a Galar row, lol).

After that I guess I'll see what else I can do. Maybe work on some more Monotypes? I like them and they're usually now that complicated logistically.

Years
Yeah, I wasn't very active challenge-wise this year. I did at least make some progress in my "complete Sinnoh solo with all fully evolved forms (gen 4)" thing, as I managed to solo the game with another 16 Pokemon. That leaves me with just 15, so at this pace I'll hopefully be able to be done with it this year.

I also tried starting a few other challenges but eventually got bored of each one, maybe finishing them will be my goal for 2022 :)

As for the events, I liked them, I thought they were very creative. I do however like when the challenge is a bit harder and it forces you to rotate your team. I think Halloween event of 2020 was my favourite so far. Looking forward to see what you prepared for us this year!

Back