• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charlie's Introduction

Cavespider_17

Charlie
Years
  • Hello my name is Charlie and I am a Masters student at university. I am currently studying international relations and I am the eldest and most probably will be the only one of my siblings to aim for a PhD (mainly because my youngest brother doesn't want to go to university at all and my other brother is bored of it).

I have played most of the Pokemon games: Blue, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Black, X, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, and Moon. Out of these the map I became most familiar with was the Sinnoh one, however, my favourite was black. My favourite characters from Pokemon are Colress, Volkner, Ghetsis, Cyrus and Cynthia. Further to that, my favourite Pokemon are: Joltik and Galvantula, Houndoom, Steelix, Luxray and Volcarona. Overall however, I prefer bug and electric type Pokemon and generally dislike fire types. In the trading cards I have a plasma steel deck which is a very slow deck to play, but it works for me as people get incredibly annoyed with it.

My hobbies include collecting Pokemon cards, playing video games, listening to music, and reading. My favourite bands at the moment are Coldplay and Muse. I find their music particularly relatable to the current state of international affairs. I am currently reading: Four, End Game, Battle Royal, Assassination Classroom, Magi, Pokemon X and Y and Pokemon Black and White 2.

I am currently also working on a Pokemon fan game. I have been considering it for some time, however, with university it has been difficult to assign any time to it at all. Now it is summer and I only have a dissertation to write I can adjust some of my attention to my project. I already have 99% of the plot figured out and I am fixing a few time continuity errors in my head - mainly in regard to character's backgrounds. I enjoy creating character's backstories, if not to show the general community, but for my own purposes. I like to imagine how different people would react to different situations, where each character's boundaries can be pushed to and how their Pokemon would react to their decisions. For example: Character A left Character B at the Poke Mart after wandering off with an item by accident. Character B has a choice of what to do, they can walk away, pay the man and not mention it to their friend, or pay the main and get mad at their friend. Each would trigger a different response and I enjoy thinking these responses through.

I hope I didn't go overboard.

Years
  • Hey there Charlie, welcome to PC! You're putting some very good effort in university, good luck on that PhD! Hey, you've played all the Pokemon games, nice! You should check out Pokemon Gaming Central to talk about the games there. I myself don't play the cards too often, but other people do over in the PTCG section. Why not check it out? The game you're developing sounds like a good work in progress, you should look at our Fan Games section to look at tools and resources in helping your become possible. I don't think you went overboard with your introduction, it helps get you know better. :p
    I hope to you see you around! :D

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Hey Charlie, welcome to PC!

Ooo is there a specific area of IR you want to do your PhD on? I'm an International Studies student too, it's super interesting. Also a big fan of Muse, Coldplay and Colress :D

Radiating already gave you a good list of sections to check out, but feel free to message me if you ever need any help or just want to chat (: hope you enjoy your time here!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome to PC, Charlie! Good luck on getting your Masters, I'm more than positive you can do it! Pokemon wise, I've also played all of the games. Feel free to jump right into the Pok?mon: Main Series Games sections, I'm sure you have a lot to add to the discussions in those sections. If you have any questions at all or just feel like chatting, don't hesitate to drop me a message~ Enjoy PC <3

Back