• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] Team Orb - Season 2

Which Pokemon should we build around?

• Mega Venusaur

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Mega Gyarados

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Well heres my thoughts for the first 3 mons of the team.

Garchomp @ Leftovers
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock
    Decided to use garchomp as the rocker and the primary answer to a buck load of mega venus threats.max speed is needed to outspeed max speed kyub which is a big threat to venu and chomp himself.Kind of confused between fire blast and stone edge.Also went for dragon claw as getting locked on outrage in front of a fairy is a sure death and chomp needs to stay alive till venu can live comfortably.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Synthesis
    Well these evs are just copied from smogons strategy pokedex.Standard offensive venu-m set

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
    Ability: Defiant
    EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Sucker Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Knock Off
    - Iron Head
    Bisharps sole purpose on this team is to eliminate all psychics.So used this set keeping that in mind.Used black glasses instead of lefties as dont have swords dance on bish.Also knock off will help alot removing items.

Well this is it for the first 3 mons.Any suggestions?

Also I think status will be a big problem for this team.So need a heal bell user.
    Clefable looks best here as it also completes the dragon-fairy-steel combo.Theres celebi too but well as we already have venu i dont think theres any need.

Sirfetch’d

Clefable seems like an OK cleric that I wouldn't mind using. Does anyone else have any suggestions for the team? I will try and build something this weekend and submit a pastebin of it using the suggestions we have so far alongside a couple of mons I have been thinking about.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Seems like a solid team, but one thing worth mentioning is that Psychic types in general aren't all too common in OU, so I think we should look at the Psychic-types we're most likely to run into individually. Namely, almost all of them have additional types, stats, and non-psychic moves that could still do good damage to Bisharp--Hyper Voice from Mega Gardevoir would OHKO, for example. A Focus Blast from Zam or a Hammer Arm from Metagross would do the same. Maybe that's not a problem, since we do have them pursuit-trapped in case they switch out, but just something I wanted to touch on that we might run into problems with :)

As far as another Pokémon goes...since we have most of our bases covered, how about something that's capable of being a reliable source of damage, such as Azu or Hoopa-U or something? Or perhaps we'll want something that can set up Sunlight to support Venu's Synthesis or Garchomp's Fire Blast? Klefki seems the best choice for the latter.

Years
  • But in klefki there are 3 mons (too much)weak to fire.So a fire type could just use his fire moves each time and can even come to a point of killing its check.
    Also bisharp is good cause we also have sucker punch.So it is a sure way to kill a somewhat weakened psychic without worrying about the secondary typing.

Back