• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] Team Orb - Season 2

Which Pokemon should we build around?

• Mega Venusaur

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Mega Gyarados

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Sirfetch’d

Hiya Team Orbs! This will be our clan thread for this season of PCL. Before we begin if everyone could just fill out the small form below:

a.) What PS accounts do you use?
    b.) What formats besides OU do you play?
    c.) What is your timezone?

Years
    Hello fellow Orbers!

a.) What PS accounts do you use?
    Mostly punkysaur.Others acc.to my mood which wont matter

b.) What formats besides OU do you play?
    Besides ou, I do play nu,ru,monotype(will update this list if I discover that I play some other tiers too efficiently)

c.) What is your timezone?
    GMT +5:30

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Hi? o/

What PS accounts do you use?
    Nakuzami, and nothing else​
    What formats besides OU do you play?
    I'd gladly play any tier, though the only one I have a team already made for besides OU is UU​
    What is your timezone?
    EST​

Sirfetch’d

hey guys! There is a new PCL event up: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9124750

The first order of business is to decide on which Pokemon we'd like to build a team around. I'd like everyone to suggest a Pokemon, preferably a Mega evolution, and we will go from there. I am looking forward to this!

I will offer up Mega Venusaur as a Pokemon to use :)

also sorry for all the notification edits aaa

Sirfetch’d

I like the idea of Mega Sableye! Let's see if anyone else has any suggestions. I am really happy to work with w/e.

Years
    Well Mega-venu,mega altaria and mega gyara sound fun.
    Not that much in favour of mega sab as somehow all mega sab teams turn out to be the same in terms of style

Also which archetype we should build?
    I personally love balance.

Sirfetch’d

If anyone else doesn't suggest anything I'll add a poll with Sableye, Venu, and Gyara tomorrow and we will decide where we start!

Sirfetch’d

ok guys added a poll! Let's select one from the three options and get to building :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I'm voting Mega Venusaur. My usual strategy is pure offense, so using a bulkier 'mon could be a good exercise to try something different :)

Sirfetch’d

Ok guys! Since Mega Venusaur has the majority we will be using it and building a team around it. First off we need to look at and identify some of the biggest threats for Mega Venusaur. Off the top of my head the following Pokemon will need to have some kind of answer to: The Zards, Heatran, Victini, Kyurem Black(Teravolt nullifies Thick Fat), strong Flying types(Tornadus-T, Togekiss, Talon, Mega Pinsir), Psychic types(Mega Gard, Zam, the Latis, Medicham, Megagross, etc.), and Chansey.

Mega Venusaur has a really good matchup vs a lot of common threats though such as Manaphy, Azu, Keldeo, Mega Diancie, Landorus-T, Mega Alt, Clefable, Breloom, etc.

If anyone has any teammate suggestions drop them here!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Maybe Heatran or Jirachi? They'd both do well against a number of threats you mentioned above

Years
    Well for me the first partner that comes to my mind for mega venu is garchomp.
    It can singlehandedly deal with all the threats mentioned above minus latias and ice punch megagross.
    We could run maxspeed so as to outrun max spd kyub.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Swords Dance
    Well this set can be tinkered with but well lets see

Sirfetch’d

Maybe Heatran or Jirachi? They'd both do well against a number of threats you mentioned above

Well for me the first partner that comes to my mind for mega venu is garchomp.
    It can singlehandedly deal with all the threats mentioned above minus latias and ice punch megagross.
    We could run maxspeed so as to outrun max spd kyub.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Swords Dance
    Well this set can be tinkered with but well lets see

I feel like any of those suggestions are good partners. Heatran helps take out bulky steels such as Mega Scizor and Jirachi could run a SR set or a scarf Healing Wish. Garchomp is good because it can take on threats like Heatran, Talonflame, etc.

Another good partner imo is Tyranitar. Tyranitar threatens nearly all of the Psychic mons that cause an issue for Venu, is an excellent answer for Talon, Togekiss, the Zards, Victini, etc. It can run Band, Scarf, or Lefties depending on the set too. Because Venu is prone to entry hazard damage partners like Latias, Starmie, or Exca(who can work well with Ttar) might be worth considering too.

Years
    Well yeah ttar looks great.But then theres a slight problem in venu's healing getting cut down due to sand.
    Anyways if we use ttar I think choice scarf would be great on it.As it would enable it to hit back without getting hit himself.
    We could then use excadrill for sr support (and rapid spin?).Else we could also use tank chomp.

Sirfetch’d

Well yeah ttar looks great.But then theres a slight problem in venu's healing getting cut down due to sand.
    Anyways if we use ttar I think choice scarf would be great on it.As it would enable it to hit back without getting hit himself.
    We could then use excadrill for sr support (and rapid spin?).Else we could also use tank chomp.

That's true @healing. Bisharp might be worth considering over TTar.

Back