• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ghosts of Perdition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • aegislash-blade.gif
    aegislash.gif
    aegislash-blade.gif

Useful Links
    OU Viability Ranking | Team-Building Workshop | Ladder & Tournament Achievements | Replay Critique

Well, I might as well make this while we're waiting for a room on the server. This is our fine clan thread where we can discuss--well, I don't know. But while I have talked to most everyone privately, I don't know how much we've gotten to mingle, so hopefully this will do.

Also, I might as well use this thread as an opportunity to say that I'm free to tutor and do so on your schedule, most likely. In particular, I like laddering with people, but can and will do other stuff as well, especially team building. If you want to "sign up" you can do that here, or plan meet-ups between each other. Getting practice battles in is great!

Members:
    Anti (Papa Anti)
    Astraea (IndianCharizard#, Astraea)
    Dedenne1 (Dedenne1)
    EvanGalea (2Fruit)
    Nolafus (Nolafus, Slayr231)
    static (srinator)

Let's do this!

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I have the next two days off, so I'll be up for some practice battles, or even some laddering with you, Anti, if you're available. I don't have much planned for the next two days either, so I'm available pretty much all day, except I'll be doing all of my errands Sunday, so a little off and on tomorrow.

Should we maybe talk about our competitive experience as a conversation starter?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I have the next two days off, so I'll be up for some practice battles, or even some laddering with you, Anti, if you're available. I don't have much planned for the next two days either, so I'm available pretty much all day, except I'll be doing all of my errands Sunday, so a little off and on tomorrow.

Should we maybe talk about our competitive experience as a conversation starter?

i'll be around tomorrow though it's 8:30 am here and i still haven't been able to sleep. :/ so hopefully i don't sleep in past everyone haha. but yeah, i'll ben on in the evening uk time and probably late into the night which should synchronize nicely. anyone else is free to join!

as for competitive experience, i shared mine in the pm i sent out to everyone, but the tl;dr is "i've been around here far too long" :P

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I have a free night tonight (it's currently 7:30pm my time) where all I was planning to do was play a Zelda game or two for the 15th million time and watch some soccer, but I probably ought to brush up on my pokes. I don't think I've played any ORAS OU since ORAS actually came out, so I'll certainly need to brush up on some things. I might make a Mega Slowbro team as I'm still astounded that it's not been banned, so I might build a team around it and see where it gets me.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • i'll be around tomorrow though it's 8:30 am here and i still haven't been able to sleep. :/ so hopefully i don't sleep in past everyone haha. but yeah, i'll ben on in the evening uk time and probably late into the night which should synchronize nicely. anyone else is free to join!
    I'll hop on once I'm done with a majority of my errands, and see if you're on. I think some laddering would be awesome.

As for my competitive experience, I peaked at the end of gen 5, and dropped out at the beginning of gen 6. The main tiers I played were NU and Monotype. I managed to grab the #6 spot on Smogon's main server for NU, and topped at a 1700 rating for monotype with my grass team, as well as winning a couple smaller tournaments. I never did play a lot of OU, but my team had a solid 1600 rating. Overall, I know what I'm doing, but I need to familiarize myself with the meta again before I can do much of anything, as well as learn all of the new mega-evolutions I missed. But hey, that's why we're all here!

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • Ehahaha... everyone sounds so impressive compared to me at this point, but I suppose to put it simply I'm probably the closest thing we have to a full on rookie.

I started playing some competitive during the Gen V days... but I never really took to it, with the introductions of mega-evolution among other things with Gen VI I tried again and did a fair bit better. I played a bit of OU, NU and UU... but I was a tounrey type of guy, I'd play competitive battles for fun on accounts I can't remember the names of and I picked up a few things from certain youtubers. (Not Blame Truth especially gave me a lot of good pokémon and strategies to use.)

Aside from that though I'm mostly here to learn and become better. I hope I don't hold any of you back all too much. ^-^''

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I'll hop on once I'm done with a majority of my errands, and see if you're on. I think some laddering would be awesome.

As for my competitive experience, I peaked at the end of gen 5, and dropped out at the beginning of gen 6. The main tiers I played were NU and Monotype. I managed to grab the #6 spot on Smogon's main server for NU, and topped at a 1700 rating for monotype with my grass team, as well as winning a couple smaller tournaments. I never did play a lot of OU, but my team had a solid 1600 rating. Overall, I know what I'm doing, but I need to familiarize myself with the meta again before I can do much of anything, as well as learn all of the new mega-evolutions I missed. But hey, that's why we're all here!

if i'm not, you probably won't have to wait long for me to pop up :p

also, you should pick it up in no time. ;)

Ehahaha... everyone sounds so impressive compared to me at this point, but I suppose to put it simply I'm probably the closest thing we have to a full on rookie.

I started playing some competitive during the Gen V days... but I never really took to it, with the introductions of mega-evolution among other things with Gen VI I tried again and did a fair bit better. I played a bit of OU, NU and UU... but I was a tounrey type of guy, I'd play competitive battles for fun on accounts I can't remember the names of and I picked up a few things from certain youtubers. (Not Blame Truth especially gave me a lot of good pokémon and strategies to use.)

Aside from that though I'm mostly here to learn and become better. I hope I don't hold any of you back all too much. ^-^''

the way the league's scoring will work, i think it will be pretty impossible for you to drag us down even if you lost all your matches! so don't sweat it - there's no pressure, we're just here to make each other better and have fun, and if we do well, that's great! Also, any experience is useful, and I can help you get into the metagame! Like I said in the OP, we can always set up a time and whatnot for some tutoring.

ALSO, I meant to ask this: is anyone up for a friendly "warm-up" clan war against one of the other clans? Just for fun. If y'all don't feel ready, that's fine, but I thought I'd ask.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • ALSO, I meant to ask this: is anyone up for a friendly "warm-up" clan war against one of the other clans? Just for fun. If y'all don't feel ready, that's fine, but I thought I'd ask.
    Yeah sure, that sounds like a lot of fun!

And I'll be on the battle server in a couple hours. Cleaning the apartment and doing laundry. Fun!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • good stuff tonight X)

also, we at last have a server room! when you join the server, follow this link to autojoin [http://pokecommunity.psim.us/ghostsofperdition], or you can just join the room from the list.

i'll be dumping some content there and that's a good place for everyone to communicate. :) even if it gets a little disjointed, it's better than nothing!

Last edited:

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I finished my friendly match earlier this morning. Rusty as hell (I think I overpredicted at least 5 times and was punished on all occasions), but thanks to a good core and a bit of luck with hitting Leech Seeds, Magma Storms and Toxic, I was able to see out the game.

I haven't actually player ORAS OU since ORAS came out, so it's cool to see how much the metagame has opened up now that Mega Mence and Greninja have been banned. Although the team I used was just stacked with the most standard OU bulky offense/sweepers, I do think there's potential for some left field stuff. I'm thinking something along the lines of a Sticky Web team with Shuckle as the setter and Blastoise the mega. With the outspeeds, Blastoise will be a monster and then it can also spin away hazards without the need to defog you're own Sticky Web away. Then you can throw in Bisharp to put the scare on defogers, especially if it's a Lati doing the defog. You could even throw a speed invested Amoongus out there for the crazy outspeed Spore too which no one would expect. I'll try and finish that team later on, and it'll probably be a little over the top gimmicky, but I think it could work. People might be expecting a stall team and could be taken aback when the offensive pressure starts.

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    I have actually been playing pokemon on and off since I got crystal, but I never really got into the battling scene. Anti has helped me to improve and I'm quite confident in my battling skills now.

So do we have a team mascot?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • hey all!

i updated the op with a few links and will gradually add more. request any if you want.

anyway, for those of you who haven't played your tournament matches/gotten an activity win, please do so! it'll be good experience. the championships will be starting soon so it'll be a nice way to get rolling. also, one more win and we win the war, so one of y'all should push us over the top!

been travelling a bit so haven't been around as much the last day or two but i'll be back in full on tuesday. i wanna reiterate that i'd love to do some laddering or team building with everyone. or even if you go alone, laddering is really nice experience! also, i'd like to make the clan room "more of a thing" but am unsure how. does anyone have anything they'd like to use it for?

it would be cool if we could coordinate times where 3-4 of us could be on at once. :3

go us etc.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Requested an activity win, cause my opponent wasn't showing up! ;)

you'll be able to this time, see all the new stickies etc.!

i sent PMs to everyone about the championship's new week of matchups, but i know dedenne1 didn't get a notification for it so i'm posting to tell everyone to cehck their inboxes just in case you also didn't.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back