• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
Years
  • Sparkchu said:
    I have a little question...at the start of FR/LG, is it possible to save before getting a starter and then keep resetting until you get a shiny? or is that kind of stuff preset when you start?

Yes, you can restart over and over til you get a shiny with starters.

There are a few circumstances in the games where you can't do this (pokemon eggs and Lati@s, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are all I can think of now). Basicly, if a pokemon's gender or stats are different when you get the pokemon again, it can be shiny. If not, it couldn't.

For Example: If you got an egg from the day care, and saved right before it hatched, then restarted over and over again, the hatched pokemon would always be the same gender, have the same stats (until you trained it), and be the same color. Same goes for Lati@s, Entei, Suicune, and Raikou.

If you saved in front of Rayquaza, however, and restarted it over and over, it would have different stats, a different gender value (though it would show up as genderless), and has a new chance at being shiny.

AndrewFire24

Charmeleon Master
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 16, 2005
    my friend caught a shiny bellsprout in lg and my other friend caught a shiny spearow in silver but i have never caught one :(

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    im so happy

well i was just in victory road training up my goundran when....a hariyama appears. there was something strange about it...yes my first shiny. I thought id neva eva come across one but i did. It flashed abit and i checked it against a picture of a normal coloured one.

i caught it obviously but i was scared it was gunna use whirlwind or i killed it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    Shiny Golbat

A couple of weeks ago I caught a shiney golbat in the lost cave above five island on my leaf green game. I was looking for a misdreavus. I haven't seen a misdreavus. I evolved my golbat into a crobat. I put my shiney crobat in daycare hoping for a shiney egg. I've hatched 100 eggs so far. No shineys. Apparently hatching a shiney is unlikely. I guess time would be better spent looking for a new shiney in the wild instead of hatching eggs hoping for a shiney. I've been playing my leaf green game for 82:14. I've been playing my fire red game for 234:06. So far as I've noticed, the shiney golbat is the only shiney I've seen on either game.

I_Need_Money7

The Pokemon Spy
    Years
  • This is my favorite shiny out of all of mine.

ShinySala3.bmp

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Ooooooh... SHINY!

The old thread is exactly a month old, so if anyone wants to discuss ANYTHING AT ALL about Shiny Pokemon, it goes here and only here. I'll merge smithy/boy's thread, but after this no excuses. Now have fun ^_^

Stickified

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    thats what i was scared about but last night on victory road and didn't beleive my eyes when i got a shiny golbat. Ive only had pokemon a week now and already got two shinies. Does anyone know if my shiny has a egg with another pokemon will it be shiny or normal

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • I've been playing Pokemon games for 4 or 5 years, and I've never even seen a shiny. >_<

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Trikip said:
    I've been playing Pokemon games for 4 or 5 years, and I've never even seen a shiny. >_<
    Same here but for 6 years.Congrats.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Ohhh.......I caught a Shiny Nosepass before on my friends Emerald game.....and it was very rare. I think catching a rare shiny is great, especially the Pokemon itself is rare in those parts.

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • :O

I saw a Shiny Rattata a while ago, Lvl. 17, all my pokemon were over Lvl.70 at the time except for Hitmonchan, so I pulled him out and Mach Punched it.

Hitmonchan was only the Lvl you get him at (20 or 25) so I didn't think it'd die, but since I Critical Hit + STAB + Super Effective Mach Punched it, it did.

Never seen another shiny since, or before, besides from the Gyarados in Gold/Silver.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Pure Luck. I can't remember the exact odds, but its something like 1/8200 or something like that. And please remember that this is a place to talk about RSE Shinies only. Thank you ^_^

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • thats what i was scared about but last night on victory road and didn't beleive my eyes when i got a shiny golbat. Ive only had pokemon a week now and already got two shinies. Does anyone know if my shiny has a egg with another pokemon will it be shiny or normal
    Even if you have a Shiney for a parent, it doesn't mean the new born will be a shiney.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
    Years
  • The only shinies ive seen on FR/LG or R/S are the 3 in the FR/LG trainer tower. But in Silver i got the red gyarados, and also found a shiny pidgeotto and a shiny zubat at lvl 7 XD and ive racked up almost 300 hours on sapphire and around 250 on FireRed, and thats with restarting an Elite Four beaten sapphire.

Sin

^^
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2006
    my uncle had a shiny electrode in r/s with adamant nature...i called him lucky and he laughed...wish i had it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back