• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tony's Typhlosion (Japanese)

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
  • I made a Japanese card, using Zeo's Japanese blank. Here it is:
    Tony's Typhlosion (Japanese)

Tony's Typhlosion
    LV. 47, HP 120
    Evolves from Tony's Quilava
    Put on the Stage 1 card
    This card can't be used on official tournaments.

Attack(s):
    (Fire)(Fire)(Fire) Oracion Effect
    Choose 2 of your opponent's Pokémon. If AJ's Blaziken is in play, you may flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 damage to those Pokémon. You can't use this attack unless AJ's Blaziken is in play.
    Weakness - Water
    Illus. Ken Sugimori

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Not too shabby for your first Japanese fake, but you still have plenty of room to improve. Judging by the quality, it appears that you used Paint to make this. Personally, I don't reccommend that program. If you do use paint, though, use the Circle Tool to clean up the white dots around the energy symbols.

The Pokemon's name seems like it should be bolder. Also, to make a Neo template Gym Style, you need to do away with the gold bars next to W/R/RC. It also seems strange to me that this card has no retreat cost.

I've never seen a Pokemon card with Kanji in the attack name. I've also never seen a Japanese Pokemon with alphabetical characters in it. I can see "AJ" being in it, but, as for words won't translate directly into Japanese, don't leave the alphabetical characters. In Japan, words adopted from other languages are normally written in Katakana (so I've heard), so I believe that "Oracion" would be written as オレシオン (ORESHION). Of course, Oracion means "prayer," so it may also be written as イノリ (INORI). I think the proper way to write the name of this card's attack would be テクニックのオレシオン (TEKUNITKU NO ORESHION/ Oracion Technique) or テクニックのイノリ (TEKUNITKU NO INORI/ Prayer Technique).

The wording in the effect text is odd. How about you give this a try: This attack can only be used if AJ's Blaziken is in play. Choose 2 of your opponent's Pokemon and flip a coin. If heads, put 2 damage counters on those Pokemon.

Wait! This is a Neo-style template. Neo came before the ADV sets, so Blaziken wouldn't have existed during this time. I also noticed a few un-needed spaces in the effect text.

Sorry if this comment seemed rough, but I'm just trying to do my best to help you out.

Last edited:

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
    Years
  • I didn't use MS Paint to get the energy symbols - I use Paint.NET. "AJ" in the card refers to my best friend, whose favorite Pokémon is Blaziken. (AJ means Achilles Jae) I may edit it if I have time.

EDIT: The Trainer in the lower right corner - I use MS Paint for that, and I extracted that from a movie snapshot, that's why Tony is the Trainer.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I didn't use MS Paint to get the energy symbols - I use Paint.NET. "AJ" in the card refers to my best friend, whose favorite Pokémon is Blaziken. (AJ means Achilles Jae) I may edit it if I have time.

EDIT: The Trainer in the lower right corner - I use MS Paint for that, and I extracted that from a movie snapshot, that's why Tony is the Trainer.

Does Paint.NET have an circle select option? If so, it may be better if you use it to copy the symbol on the template (the type) and scale it down. That way, the while dots around them will not be present.

Myself, I use GIMP for my Japanese fakes.

Back