• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spoony's GO Journal

Years
  • Spoony's GO Journal
    14th-25th July 2016

image.jpg1_zpsc8ri1n3v.jpg

POKÉDEX

Caught: 14 / Seen: 14

Spoiler:

MEDALS

Jogger 3.05/10.00
    Kanto 14/50
    Collector 65/500
    Scientist 5/20
    Breeder 0/10
    Backpacker 6/100
    Battle Girl 0/10
    Ace Trainer 0/10
    Schoolkid 57/200
    Bird Keeper 43/50
    Punk Girl 8/10
    Bug Catcher 2/10
    Hex Maniac 2/10
    Swimmer 1/10
    Gardener 1/10
    Psychic 1/10
    Youngster 3/50

JOURNAL

Well, after all the glitches, server issues and account swapping, it's finally working better for me, I've settled on an account, begun making progress (spent a little money to give me a boost) and am in a pretty happy place with GO!

I know it's going to be slow progress for me as I can't get out too much but although frustrating I've come to terms with that and whatever progress I do make is much more special to me because of that.

My current goals are to catch that Meowth that likes to hang around my house but never appear, catch a Rhyhorn, hatch an egg, leave a Pokémon at a friendly gym and win a gym battle!​

CSS by [user]Achromatic[/user]

Last edited:
    Years
  • Level 7 and you already have a Haunter? I'm so jealous. I didn't get a Haunter for like two weeks. What kind of area did you find it in?

Years
  • Spoony's GO Journal
    26th July 2016

image.jpg1_zpsncjdgewv.jpg

POKÉDEX

Caught: 16 / Seen: 16

Spoiler:

MEDALS

Jogger 3.31/10.00
    Kanto 17/50
    Collector 75/500
    Scientist 7/20
    Breeder 0/10
    Backpacker 6/100
    Battle Girl 0/10
    Ace Trainer 0/10
    Schoolkid 67/200
    Bird Keeper 49/50
    Punk Girl 8/10
    Bug Catcher 2/10
    Hex Maniac 2/10
    Swimmer 2/10
    Gardener 1/10
    Psychic 2/10
    Youngster 3/50

JOURNAL

Ah man, today there was a lure on the Poké Stop that's near my house but I couldn't go out because I had to wait in for a parcel! Maybe this will happen more often as it's school holidays, there seems to be a regular crowd playing in the area judging by the Gym that's right by it. The good thing about the Poké Stop is that you can sit at the bus stop over the road and it's close enough to use!

Alluring!
    Spoiler:

Used an Incense and Lucky Egg at home as I had a few saved up to evolve. Evolved a Pidgeotto into a Pidgeot for the first time and caught a Krabby for the first time which brings my caught/seen total up to 16!

My current goals are still to catch that Meowth that likes to hang around my house but never appear, catch a Rhyhorn, hatch an egg, leave a Pokémon at a friendly gym and win a gym battle!​

Level 7 and you already have a Haunter? I'm so jealous. I didn't get a Haunter for like two weeks. What kind of area did you find it in?

I do feel lucky! It was in a residential area, just down the road from my house! ^^

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Weee congrats on the Pidgeot, what level is it? :D Good luck with the Meowth and Rhyhorn - do you have easy spots to catch these at? Hopefully Meowth stays near your house so you can at least find him! What eggs do you have on the go right now? Looking forward to seeing what they hatch into regardless - eggs are always exciting! It'll be cool to see what progress you make when you get some better access to the game/time to play more, hoping you get some cool stuff :)

Years
  • Spoony's GO Journal
    27th-28th July 2016

image.jpg1_zps2emwffba.jpg

POKÉDEX

Caught: 20 / Seen: 20

Spoiler:

Egg 1: 1.6/2.0 km
    Egg 2: 1.1/5.0 km
    Egg 3: 0.0/5.0 km
    Egg 4: 0.0/2.0 km
    Egg 5: 0.0/5.0 km
    Egg 6: 0.0/5.0 km
    Egg 7: 0.0/5.0 km

MEDALS

Jogger 5.87
    Kanto 20
    Collector 92
    Scientist 7
    Breeder 0
    Backpacker 21
    Battle Girl 0
    Ace Trainer 0
    Schoolkid 76
    Bird Keeper 57
    Punk Girl 16
    Bug Catcher 7
    Hex Maniac 2
    Swimmer 2
    Gardener 1
    Psychic 2
    Youngster 3

JOURNAL

Yesterday nothing happened at all but today has been my best day yet with GO!
    My brother has just got a mobile so we went out for a little walk in the evening to test how GO ran on it and check out the local Poké Stops. It was so much more fun going hunting with someone and we encountered several other groups doing the same! I not just got my first egg today, I got 7 of them! Plus I caught 4 Pokémon that I didn't already have, including an Eevee! I'm still giddy with joy!

Goals:
    • Catch that Meowth that likes to hang around my house but never appear!
    • Catch a Rhyhorn.
    • Catch a Pikachu.
    • Hatch my first egg!
    • Train a Pokémon.
    • Win a gym battle!

Weee congrats on the Pidgeot, what level is it? :D Good luck with the Meowth and Rhyhorn - do you have easy spots to catch these at? Hopefully Meowth stays near your house so you can at least find him! What eggs do you have on the go right now? Looking forward to seeing what they hatch into regardless - eggs are always exciting! It'll be cool to see what progress you make when you get some better access to the game/time to play more, hoping you get some cool stuff :)

Thanks! Today was so good - everything worked fine, got several firsts and really enjoyed hunting with my brother! Pidgeot is only 145 but that's ok for now. Meowth is still taunting me! :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Woooo, Eevee :D What'll you evolve her into? Good luck with winning your first gym battle - I'm sure you'll do great but I won't be cheering for you too hard; can't have Instinct capturing all the gyms ;) It's really cool seeing you talk about playing with your brother, GO is such a great game for things like that and it's so nice to see it in action. Do you and your brother tend to do much together outside of this?

Years
  • Spoony's GO Journal
    29th July - 9th August 2016

image.jpg1_zpsfdnazavd.jpg

POKÉDEX

Caught: 46 / Seen: 46
    Spoiler:

Incubating Eggs:
    2km x1
    5km x5
    10km x1

Team:
    Hypno 817
    Golbat 571
    Fearow 552
    Raticate 459
    Poliwhirl 444
    Pidgeotto 427

MEDALS

Jogger 18.3
    Kanto 46
    Collector 288
    Scientist 35
    Breeder 11
    Backpacker 181
    Battle Girl 1
    Ace Trainer 0
    Schoolkid 211
    Bird Keeper 147
    Punk Girl 48
    Ruin Maniac 1
    Hiker 1
    Bug Catcher 22
    Hex Maniac 5
    Depot Agent 1
    Kindler 2
    Swimmer 44
    Gardener 6
    Rocker 2
    Psychic 20
    Skier 2
    Fairy Tale Girl 3
    Youngster 7

JOURNAL

Oh my gosh so many days have gone by! Though to be honest I've only been active for 3 days in total I think since my last entry! Went into town for the first time since GO's release and the map was just covered in Stops it was amazing! The park in town is a hotspot and there were so many groups there playing, it's just the coolest sight! And constant Lures on several nearby Stops made for a record catching day for me! In fact I hadn't known before that the in-game Journal had a cut off point!

Recent highlights have been reaching double figures in my Trainer Level, hatching my first eggs, winning my first Gym Battle and catching a Meowth (though not that one by my house)!

Goals:
    • Catch a Fighting-type!
    • Catch a Dragon-type!
    • Catch a Rhyhorn! (Have seen their silhouettes at the local retail parks!)
    • Catch a Pikachu!
    • Hatch my first 10km egg!
    • Train a Pokémon for the first time!
    • Defeat a Gym for the first time!

Woooo, Eevee :D What'll you evolve her into? Good luck with winning your first gym battle - I'm sure you'll do great but I won't be cheering for you too hard; can't have Instinct capturing all the gyms ;) It's really cool seeing you talk about playing with your brother, GO is such a great game for things like that and it's so nice to see it in action. Do you and your brother tend to do much together outside of this?

Hmm.. probably a Jolteon first I think, favourite of the three and fits with Team Instinct!
    Thanks! Oh, and :P {XD}
    It definitely adds to the experience for sure, plus it feels a little safer!
    Yeah we do, we get on really well! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Weee, good luck with the 10 KM - let us know as soon as it hatches, I'm dying to find out what's inside! I'm jealous that you're getting to use a Poliwhirl on your team, that's one of my favourite Pokémon families haha. Do you find a lot of Poliwag around your area/do you think evolving into Poliwrath is at all likely to happen? Sorry to say it but don't get too excited for the Meowth, for some reason they made Persian terrible in this game so not sure he'll be worth your time unfortunately :( You're coming on a long way already, good luck with your next steps and I'm excited to see which Pokémon you pick to train up first! Choose Poliwrath ♥

Years
  • Spoony's GO Journal
    10th-25th August 2016

STATS

Trainer Level: 19 (198050 XP) 13059/25000

Caught: 58 / Seen: 58
    Spoiler:

Incubating Eggs:
    2km x1
    5km x3
    10km x0

Team:
    Golduck 1247 Water Gun / Psychic
    Hypno 1138 Zen Headbutt / Shadow Ball
    Hypno 1072 Confusion / Psychic
    Golbat 922 Bite / Poison Fang
    Seaking 820 Poison Jab / Megahorn
    Pidgeot 808 Steel Wing / Air Cutter

Medals:
    Jogger 27.5
    Kanto 58
    Collector 530
    Scientist 56
    Breeder 24
    Backpacker 318
    Fisherman 2
    Battle Girl 24
    Ace Trainer 31
    Schoolkid 293
    Bird Keeper 217
    Punk Girl 87
    Ruin Maniac 3
    Hiker 4
    Bug Catcher 31
    Hex Maniac 10
    Depot Agent 1
    Kindler 2
    Swimmer 126
    Gardener 9
    Rocker 3
    Psychic 94
    Skier 7
    Dragon Tamer 1
    Fairy Tale Girl 3
    Youngster 11

JOURNAL

So long again! Don't think I've been out that much but when I have I've definitely made the most of it! Wish I could do more more often but am pretty satisfied with my progress! Me and my brother have been double-teaming to take down Gyms which has been neat. If we know we're going to be around for a while we each leave a low level Pokémon (usually a Magikarp!) so we can quickly train over and over! We spent a few hours at a local Country Park one afternoon. We'd heard it was a hotspot and it surely was! There were six Stops with Lures on and two Gyms all in one cluster! Sooo many people playing it was ridiculous! <3

Highlights:
    • Catching my first Dragon-type! (Dratini)
    • Hatching my first 10km egg! (Onix)
    • Training for the first time!
    • Defeating a Gym for the first time!

Goals:
    • Reach Lv. 20!
    • Catch a Fighting-type!
    • Collect as much Stardust as possible!
    • Evolve Eevee into Jolteon!
    • Catch or hatch a Rhyhorn!
    • Catch or hatch a Pikachu!

Photo Album

Weee, good luck with the 10 KM - let us know as soon as it hatches, I'm dying to find out what's inside! I'm jealous that you're getting to use a Poliwhirl on your team, that's one of my favourite Pokémon families haha. Do you find a lot of Poliwag around your area/do you think evolving into Poliwrath is at all likely to happen? Sorry to say it but don't get too excited for the Meowth, for some reason they made Persian terrible in this game so not sure he'll be worth your time unfortunately :( You're coming on a long way already, good luck with your next steps and I'm excited to see which Pokémon you pick to train up first! Choose Poliwrath ♥

It was an Onix! Pretty good, though as it happened I'd actually caught one for the first time just moments before so wasn't quite as special! Yeah Poliwag's quite common, especially in town. I'm currently at 78 Poliwag Candy so it's looking promising! Do you find many where you are? Ah no worries I just wanted to have a Meowth! :meow:

Back