• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Trainer Personality Examination (Revived)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2019
    Glad you like your team! Also I double checked, unless I can gen I can't get a shelder without good or super rod, super rod is in kanto and I can only get one fishing via good rod near either in victory road or safari zone near the end too. If you want to keep it an ice type I can probably get either a seel or lapras earlier on, idk which would fit the trainer class you made up for me. Or it could even be something very engineery (if that's a word), like man made pokemon's or something very da Vinci like smeargle ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As far as i searched it up, you can get a Good Rod in Olivine City and afterwards catch a Shellder in New Bark Town, so you should be fine. If you want a Lapras tho, there isnt much of a difference only the "neutral evil" doesnt fit on it, so you could also take a Lapras instead. I'll let you make the call on this one :)

Polymus1!

Bored Bug type
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2020
    Ok, screw the narrative style. Too difficult to keep up. Greentext time!

Spoiler:

Team
    Ivy (Venipede) (Level 16, Modest Nature, Swarm)
    - Rollout
    - Poison Sting
    - Screech
    - Defense Curl

EEEGORE

The Pronunciation of IGOR
    Years
  • A) EEEGORE
    B) X
    C) Male

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • As far as i searched it up, you can get a Good Rod in Olivine City and afterwards catch a Shellder in New Bark Town, so you should be fine. If you want a Lapras tho, there isnt much of a difference only the "neutral evil" doesnt fit on it, so you could also take a Lapras instead. I'll let you make the call on this one :)

All good man =D Ill go with whoever i can encounter first, lock me in for the team you gave me, will start it off tonight/tomorrow, preferably at night so i can get dat trusty birb!

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • I'm starting back up my challenge. My pokemans were ampheros azumaril and noctowl plus various rules. (If necessary I'll put those in the actual challenge post)

Years
  • Eyy, since after reading the rules, I decided I'll go with your first suggestion @mascolo, I'm going to use snesel as my starter!!

MrBunny9612

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2019
    A) USERNAME: MrBunny9612
    B) WHICH GAME: Emerald
    C) GENDER: Male
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • Ok.
    Spoiler:

I assume game ends whenever I beat red, as there is no special challenge. Anyway, in to the log.
    Spoiler:

Current team:
    Spr_2s_163.png

Ievel:10
    Moveset:
    Tackle, growl, foresight

marill.png

Level:9
    Moveset:
    Tackle, defense curl, tail whip

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2021
    A) USERNAME: MrBunny9612
    B) WHICH GAME: Emerald
    C) GENDER: Male
    Spoiler:

Author MrBunny9612
    You dream of becoming an author, but recently you've hit the worst writer's block you can remember. You decide to set off and explore the Hoenn region in hopes of finding newfound creativity and inspiration. As such, your Pokemon may only hold mail as hold items, each with a small blurb about them.

Spr_3e_282.png
    Gardevoir - Brains, Good, Slender, Mythical Creature, Psychic, Smart AND Attractive, Wally
    The Logic - Gardevoir is your most loyal companion. It helps you come up with creative and clever ideas for your writing. Because of its unmatched intelligence, it must have a new move at the beginning of each gym battle specifically chosen to give you an edge in that battle. (For example, fighting coverage for Roxanne or Will-O-Wisp for Brawly. Be creative!)

Spr_3e_184.png
    Azumarill- Blue, Bunnies, Meadow, Water, Kind, Country
    The Relaxation - Azumarill reminds you of home. It brings you back to where you grew up and never fails to calm you down. Your love and care for this Pokemon prevents you from ever letting it faint in battle. You must always heal Azumarill if its HP bar is red. If it happens to faint in any way, it must be revived before the end of the battle.

Spr_3e_348.png
    Armaldo - Blue, Bug, Variety of Colors, Unconfident, Quiet
    The Inspiration - You see a lot of yourself in Armaldo; it lacks confidence despite being incredibly unique. Armaldo's incredible versatility allows it to know a variety of moves. However, its insecurity makes it constantly question itself. Armaldo must always know 4 different types of moves, and must learn new moves of new types whenever possible, including TMs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2021
    I want to throw my hat back into this ring!

Username: YourFavoriteEgyptian
    Game: BW2 (whichever needed for version specifics...)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rixe

Space Charkie
    Years
  • I've only just gotten round to starting the challenge, and as it turns out I meant to use White 2 and not White... But I don't think it matters too terribly!

Spoiler:

I have used PKHeX to insert the following, having caught three random Pokémon as templates:

Spr_5b_538.png

Throh: Level 6
    Inner Focus
    Bind
    Leer
    Bide

Spr_5b_577.png

Solosis: Level 3
    Magic Guard
    Psywave
    Reflect

Spr_5b_570_s.png

Zorua: Level 3
    Illusion
    Scratch
    Leer

Last edited:
    Years
  • A little update

Started my adventure from newbark town with a brand new friend, a snesel whom hatched from an egg gifted to me by my mom. We spent the day becoming familiar with each other then prof elm gave us a task to complete. We were to go meet mr pokemon. Along the way we met a peculiar birb named Hoot Hoot, it followed us to the next town. Thinking it wanted to join us, I offered him to join us.

https://i.imgur.com/LNbQjWS.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    A) USERNAME: Princessprt
    B) WHICH GAME: Pixelmon (if its ok?)
    C) GENDER: Female
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2020
    A) USERNAME: Oswahuer_Ancap
    B) WHICH GAME: Pokemon Blue
    C) GENDER:Male
    Spoiler:

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I'd like to try this as playing through some of the old games has gone a bit stale for me lately. One question though, when it says we'll be assigned three Pokemon, does that mean we have to play through the game with just those 3 or can we catch more to make it up to a full party? I couldn't see that explained anywhere. Thanks.

A) Arjay
    B) Pokemon Y
    C) Male

Spoiler:

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
    Years
  • I've never actually done a challenge run before but this one seems like it could be fun.

Username: PkMnTrainerWilliam
    Game: Alpha Sapphire

Spoiler:

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • I started the challenge. It's on Cartridge so I won't be able to hack in any Pokémon and Arcanine will be a Growlithe. Baby power all the way boyos. Pikachu is leveling up nicely but most of the time I've dedicated on this challenge has been trying to find a trainer I can use the Trainer-Fly glitch to "hack" in a Kangaskhan (if I recall correctly I might be able to save more time simply by catching it at the Safari Zone but I may have to revisit that idea)

I have yet to face Brock because my Pikachu is still getting used to me. It will take some time for that to happen but I know it can be done. I don't know if Pikachu will ever care for me but I've raised it since day one. I'm not giving up on you Pikachu I know you can do it!

Last edited:

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    this looks good - i'm in! :)

username: malanaphii
    game: white

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back