• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario rocks

Mmm... Crispy
Years
  • Nintendo is inconsistant with the location of route 24: in the anime it goes south from Cerulean to Vermillion, somehow by-passing the routes around Saffron without over-lapping, instead of going north like in the game. since you're planning on keeping everything as close to the anime as possible, how do you plan to reconcile this?

It isnt going to be 100% Anime, It will have a bigger route and mabye Captain Arcane could do a bicycle route under Saffron or a cave going around it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Keep up the good work, Arcane! (If you're still working on the game. Who am I kidding? Of course you are!)

Arcane, I have a question for you: How long will the first beta go on for? Will it go on for a couple of gyms or towns or whatever, or will it cover Kanto. Even then, would it only consider major parts of the storyline, or every little detail?

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    wow. looks great, love the big map and character customization thing you got going there. keep working on that beta/demo =)

Chefdude548

I'll poison your food!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2023
    Kudos Capt. Arcane on this wonderful and ambitious game! I must admit that I cannot wait for Saffron City, the only city that looked like a city in the Pokemon series. I thought I could map well, then I saw your work! Your tile sets are impressive. I cannot wait for the release. ~Chef

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Keep on going! Post when you do Celadon! It's my current favourite city! (After all, it's where you could get alot of stuff. TMs, Pokemon, the Rainbow Badge, and the Sliph Scope!)

Years
  • lol. guys, I think he's pretty much been posting whenever he gets any city done, so don't worry about that. ^.^

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Really? Then he must be doing well. I don't really fancy myself as a mapper. Well, maybe, but I could never get the right doors to link.

Tadano_nika

Mononoke
    Years
  • He has alot of cities done, he's just not showing all of them off.

ohhhh, but I want to see more of them...
    then again, maybe it's more fun to see them in game for the first time, I'm very curious how all of the cities have turned out:) (I totally loved olivine <3)

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Yours and everyone elses, pal.

Arcane is doing a great job. I've got a feeling that if this manages to come out this year, it'll win the "Game of the Year 2008" compition.

One thing I'd like to ask Arcane is this: When you start your game, can you customise your character to your preferance?

Tadano_nika

Mononoke
    Years
  • Arcane is doing a great job. I've got a feeling that if this manages to come out this year, it'll win the "Game of the Year 2008" compition.
    more like wipe the floor with the competition.
    (no disrespect to other games though, there are other great games as well)

Last edited:

EvEv94

Mapper
    Years
  • Holy crap. This is what I have been waiting for for a loooong time. This game looks AWESOME. I can't wait for it to come out. Keep up the good work!

Years
  • hey Arcane i saw the building interiors of the Mart and i was thinking to myself...why have such a big shop when all you have to do is talk to the counter.

So i was hoping you would some make the rest of the Mart have a purpose....like you have to bring the items over or something

Tadano_nika

Mononoke
    Years
  • So i was hoping you would some make the rest of the Mart have a purpose....like you have to bring the items over or something
    I somewhat like that idea, but my lazy side would probably like just walking to the counter more :D

still, it would be kinda nice. it would actually feel like shopping.
    but ehh, running all over the celadon warehouse while doing that? I dunno....

Chefdude548

I'll poison your food!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2023
    @rockyboy: Capt. Arcane is going for a quasi-realism with this game, so the Mart would be big. If you have a problem with big maps, stay out of Saffron.

@tadano_nika: The phrase is "wipe the floor" not "swipe the floor" but the image is the same I guess. W00t for Pokemon: The Lost World!

~Chef

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back