• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario rocks

Mmm... Crispy
Years
  • First off I wanted to say, this project is amazing and the work Captain Arcane and the rest are doin is incredible. Anyways, my question goes off the last couple about online things, I was wondering if the rare pokemon that there are supposedly going to be events for, with the online connectivity is there only going to be a limited number of legendary/rare pokemon per server? Or is everyone gonna be able to get every single legendary or rare pokemon, my worry is that if every can get them they wont be anything special. I just dont wana see everyone running around with a cookie-cutter group of legendarys

Good Point about the legendaries but captain Arcane could put a rule where there is only 2 legendary/1 legendary per team to make teams fairer than just cheating

That was only my idea if captain Arcane doesnt agree then its ok because it was only a suggestion.

And another question, How will you know who is the champion if there are loads of people beating the E4?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    Good Point about the legendaries but captain Arcane could put a rule where there is only 2 legendary/1 legendary per team to make teams fairer than just cheating

That was only my idea if captain Arcane doesnt agree then its ok because it was only a suggestion.

And another question, How will you know who is the champion if there are loads of people beating the E4?

I'd have gone straight to banning legendaries from competitive play altogether, but having one or two legendaries per team might be okay.

Regardless, it'd be completely silly to make legendaries anything aside from impossibly rare. The prerequisites for the events that lead to their capture should be extreme; eight badges, average party level of 60 or something, maybe happening twice a year or so.

Perhaps, in the areas in which the legendary Pokemon appear, players should not be able to refuse a challenge from another PC Trainer? That, and a bunch of high level wild encounters would ensure that everyone besides the best and most deserving get wiped. And maybe these dungeons lead ultimately to an instanced room with the legendary encounter in it. Just throwing out ideas.

Oh, maybe defeating the Elite Four is merely the requirement for entering the Championship Tournament? Just throwing out ideas.

Hey, Captain Arcane, isn't coding a Pokemon battle engine in Sphere gonna take like three years? Why'd you choose to use that software, anyways??

Lucario rocks

Mmm... Crispy
    Years
  • Another Question

Since city and towns are going to be huge, Why don't you upgrade the pokemart so its like a Mini Department store because your not going to see a migit sized pokemart in a huge city such as Goldenrod will probably be.

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
    Years
  • thanks anyway

Sorry Toph, but I already have the whole trainer card sorted out, if there would be any changes, they'd be done by me personally.

kk, worth the try :D
    maybe i'll come up with some ideas later, or maps that are both good and error-free lol.

:laugh:

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Alright, apparently their is some discussion about the online capability of The Lost World. And your those of you who asked, "yes", there will be an offline mode, the whole story is basically offline anyway. The online portion is basically for intertainment.

Now, about legendaries. Lets say, you were playing offline, "by yourself", and you caught....Articuno. Well, if you were to play the online portion, you wouldn't see, and or find any wild Articuno anywhere, just like it would be in the offline mode. So, yeah I hope that clears things up a bit.

and remember, there "is" and offline portion.

A.T.K.

>>"{LoneWolf}"<<
    Years
  • Alright, apparently their is some discussion about the online capability of The Lost World. And your those of you who asked, "yes", there will be an offline mode, the whole story is basically offline anyway. The online portion is basically for intertainment.

Now, about legendaries. Lets say, you were playing offline, "by yourself", and you caught....Articuno. Well, if you were to play the online portion, you wouldn't see, and or find any wild Articuno anywhere, just like it would be in the offline mode. So, yeah I hope that clears things up a bit.

and remember, there "is" and offline portion.

Great, this game just got better in my book :D

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
    Years
  • correction

...well Its the best game ever then!

P.S I have an R4, do you know if they'll release a DS version?

sorry to say this but no, the game engine is SPHERE (Computer).
    and it's not nintendo we're talking about...

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • ...well Its the best game ever then!

P.S I have an R4, do you know if they'll release a DS version?

Very very unlikely ;) This is a game made in Sphere to play on the PC and I've heard it suggested that it could be online too. Definitely not DS compatible.

Keep it going, guys :) I love the new logo ;) haha

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    so you'd release a beta of a certain part of it then a demo later to show it like from the start?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Demo - A short representation of things to come, can also be an image or video
    Beta - incomplete game

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back