• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Heck yeah! Legal!

I know how that is, too! My last love was 5-6 years older than me, and I met him four years ago, so.... Next year I'll be the age he was when I met him o__o; Feels a bit weird to think of it like that, but I like how as you get older age starts to matter less and less!

Hell, age doesn't even matter to me now!
You know, unless it's like a huge difference or something like that.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Heck yeah! Legal!

I know how that is, too! My last love was 5-6 years older than me, and I met him four years ago, so.... Next year I'll be the age he was when I met him o__o; Feels a bit weird to think of it like that, but I like how as you get older age starts to matter less and less!

I've really never thought age was a big deal. Most people get that feeling because the different ages are so segregated during education. Once youre out of education youre rarely around someone who's exactly the same age as you, it's most often within a few years, or more.

My girlfriend is 3 years older than me, and she's more immature and childish the majority of the time.
Whilst she was in the shower today I turned the water to cold on her. I'm supposed to be the mature one, you can imagine how bad she is.

Years
Yeah, I feel like basically, once you're out of your teens, age differences don't really matter that much. There are people I consider friends who are probably twenty or thirty years older than me, and I can sit down and have a conversation with them as though that age difference doesn't even exist. Now, I will admit, if I hear about someone in their twenties dating someone in their forties, well... I do automatically jump to being a little bit suspect of the motives of at least one of them. But if both genuinely want to be in that relationship, then I've got no problem with it.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
The one thing that's really hurting me right now is distance...
It hurts my heart so much being away from him, even though we talk all the time, it just can't compare to a face-to-face meeting...

But, for him, I'll wait forever if I need too.
I'll do anything for my mate, anything....

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
The one thing that's really hurting me right now is distance...
It hurts my heart so much being away from him, even though we talk all the time, it just can't compare to a face-to-face meeting...

But, for him, I'll wait forever if I need too.
I'll do anything for my mate, anything....

I know that feel, and trust me; it gets better. I know thinking 'oh, only a few years until I can drive' seems like a long time, or 'only a few years of education left' but they will fly by, just spend the time enjoying what you do have and you won't realize how fast it goes.

You're lucky to have someone you feel so strongly about at your age, it's a rare thing.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
I know that feel, and trust me; it gets better. I know thinking 'oh, only a few years until I can drive' seems like a long time, or 'only a few years of education left' but they will fly by, just spend the time enjoying what you do have and you won't realize how fast it goes.

You're lucky to have someone you feel so strongly about at your age, it's a rare thing.

Thanks...
Both my mate and my older siblings have told me that the last few years of high school will fly by.

I think the hardest thing to think about though is that, he can come to me, but he still has no way to get to me, for he has no money.
That's what gives the biggest blow is that he can come to me, but can't due to lack of funds.

Years
Hm. I'm of the belief that age usually matters because the bigger the difference the bigger the imbalance of life experience. Like, if you're 14 you're not even thinking about life after high school necessarily, and if you're 19 you're much more concerned with stuff like having a job or going to college.

Oh, and btw the news is saying that a major league basketball player has come out. I'm not a sports person, but I think this is pretty good news.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
That is great! I think it always good when a celebrity comes out because it can help others come out, especially if they are a fan.

Did you hear about the basketball player Tim Hardaway? He said that he hates gay people on live tv... I think that this was horrible... Everyone has their own opinion, but he probably hurt a lot of fans by saying that.

Years
This is huuge news. He is the first sportsman of the major sports leagues: MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL, to come out. This means it's okay to be a gay jock, essentially. I think it will make a huge difference in the athletic culture where macho is more of an emphasis than not. I read his piece, and it is incredibly personal and persuasive. What he did really humanized the LGBT experience to a large segment of the population that would be hesitant to throw their support. I recommend all of you to go and read it: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ma...llins-gay-nba-player/?sct=hp_t11_a3&eref=sihp

Years
Hm. I'm of the belief that age usually matters because the bigger the difference the bigger the imbalance of life experience. Like, if you're 14 you're not even thinking about life after high school necessarily, and if you're 19 you're much more concerned with stuff like having a job or going to college.

Yes, but the older you get, the more things balance out. The difference between a 14-year-old and a 19-year-old? Pretty huge, and so not the best example, because at least one (if not both) of those individuals is still going through a period of dramatic growth, both physically and mentally. But once you reach the point where you can be considered an adult (and by that, I mean the point where a person has more-or-less finished developing, not "legal age" which often seems to be a little too early), the differences that are caused by age start to rapidly diminish, and it's differences in personality that matter more. Take that same 14-year-old and 19-year-old, fast forward a few years to when they're in their 30s, and you probably won't be able to tell which one is older. I have an aunt and uncle who are 10 years apart, and you would never guess there was an age difference of more than a year or two. On the other hand, my parents are only a year apart, but (even though he has a tendency to act like a teenager) most people assume my dad is much older, some have even assumed he's my grandfather.

Now onto the Jason Collins story. I think this is fantastic! I read the Sports Illustrated article also and thought it was wonderfully well written. With so many straight athletes saying they would fully support a gay teammate, I'm glad that there is finally someone who has come out. And I'm really hoping this will go a long way towards dispelling the misconception that gay men are "feminine" (and maybe the assumption that all "feminine" men are gay? Although that may be getting my hopes up a little too high). Hopefully everyone will be mature about it, and not let this affect the way they play with/against him.

Years
Hey, I'm with you. I'm the one who started this little convo anyways.

I'll go on right ahead with my male chauvinist self and say it's a girl thing. People can be stupid like that. And attention means a lot to girls, just look at what the media has to say on that. It's not the same for guys, and it's not reflected in society the same way either.

Years
@Insomniac

She showed her true colours, and that the girl you knew for 5 weeks didn't exist. You feel sad, but don't let the illusion seduce you. I've wasted a lot of time living an illusion and allowing someone to take advantage of me through that. It's not worth it.

@FenrirDarkWolf

Is that like a drill voice?

Years
Woah what do you need it for? XD my drill voice was horrible. I stopped bothering to make it any lower and just kept it high-pitched. Good enough for drill, good enough for me.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Woah what do you need it for? XD my drill voice was horrible. I stopped bothering to make it any lower and just kept it high-pitched. Good enough for drill, good enough for me.

Drum Major try-outs for next year! :3

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
umm

She told me she doesn't feel ready to have a "formal relationship" with me yet, guess we rushed a bit? I dunno, but I'm glad she told me. I said when she's ready for real, I'll be waiting! :3

Years
Oh dear, I hate the when-it's-kinda-there-but-not-there-yet feeling. You guys are still gonna hang out and stuff right?

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Absolutely, nothing's really changed, I guess maybe she was just feeling a bit nervous about it. I told her we can "resume life as normal" tomorrow. She felt bad, but I don't mind all that much uwu

Back