• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Original World] Chivran

Years

• Chivran

Introduction:​

A world half-destroyed by greed and selfish actions sits in a solar system after four others destroyed in a similar fashion. This is their fifth and final chance to succeed, and they're already on the verge of collapse. Tensions are high as the government struggles to keep its citizens oblivious to their natural abilities and strengths, fearful that knowledge of their latent magical abilities could spark a rebellion. On this world, magic and science are one in the same, one word so closely intertwined with the other they are used interchangeably without a moment's hesitation.

The biggest issue the oppressive government faces, is that these abilities are powered by something that every human possesses, their hair. To combat this, the government, known by the populace as The All-seeing Ones, created a society in which hair is chemically removed from all citizens as they enter and leave work and school, which is mandated by law. An underground society has slowly grown, harboring people who have been slowly growing their hair and training their magic skills, preparing for rebellion. Will the Rebels succeed in overthrowing the government? And if they do, will they be any better than their predecessors?​

Geography:​

Chivran is the 5th planet from the star Luxen. The first planet in its solar system, Oxicloose, remains mostly intact, although covered in a sea of radioactive sludge that glows which covers the atmosphere in a greenish-blue haze. The second, third, and fourth planets, however, now make up a large field of rock and debris known as The Divide. The fifth planet, Chivron, is far enough away from the star that temperatures outside are below freezing year-round, and the entire planet is covered in vast ice-cold deserts. Colonies scatter the surface of the planet, which are large domed structures that provide a stable environment for Humans to survive. The ground is made up of many types of rocks, with pockets of ice and various minerals scattered throughout. The ground is extremely tough, and so the grounds inside the Colonies are usually coated in a rubber polymer or multiple layers of gravel and sand, depending on the year the colony was built.

There are exactly one hundred forty three colonies on Chivran, some larger than others. The largest colony is known as Graxim, and is the central hub for most business and trade. The most important colony in regards to rebel activity is known as Ellatis, and is located in a relatively abandoned area of the planet which is isolated from most clusters of colonies. The colony in which the government resides is known as the Forbidden Fortress, and has an opaque dome to prevent anyone from viewing the inside.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I just love that there's hair-based oppression. This is possibly one of the strangest things I have ever come across and I kind of love it because of that strangeness.

One thing that did strike me though, is that humanity is living on this ice world. How on Earth did human life survive such a world before the life sustaining technology of the world's current era was invented? Or was it developed on one of the previous worlds first? I'd like to learn more about how these colonies were built and tested.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • So everyone is bald? And is it just heads? Or arms and everything else too? (Magical hair ffs lol)

Years
  • Hair would be useful in that cold. Does everyone have to walk around bare-headed to prove they don't have hair? To say nothing of body hair. I wonder if those in power don't secretly let their follicles grow and hide it with hats and makeup and so on. I mean, that's the key to staying in power. Break your own rules and don't let anyone know.

Back