• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hi trainers

__fred__40

fred
Years
I've just recently sign in in this community though I've been in the rom hacking world for almost a decade now doing everything on my own a couple of years ago someone stole my laptop and i lost all the data regarding my hack i was destructed my teenage project was lost forever all that time spent mapping and scripting and spriting and watching xse video and mapping again that was to be part of my future was now in the hand of a thief who probably couldnt care less about pokemon.....one day a few years later i told this story to a friend of mine and eventually he conviced me to get back into hacking and we have been working together ever since remapped all that was lost and learn more about scripting....i never wanted to go ask for help in a community my dream was to publish my hack rom out of the blue and surprise the whole pokecommunity with my terrificly ambitous project,but over a year ago my friend quit on me for multiple reasons school girls and other of his hobbys,nevertheless i persisted and went on with the project,but a few weeks ago i realized that I just can't do it on my own anymore there are things that i just dont know how to do and being alone it would take me too long(btw in Lao long means slave) to learn so i made a deal with myself and decided to join this community in the look for help.....
If you want to help me with my hack rom then write me what I need is:
-someone who can edit the world map and the cover pic decently
-someone who can skillfully work with HexEditor

your dear Fred

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years

Hi Fred, welcome to PC! That sounds really rough to have so much work lost, but you're still going at it which is great :)

I don't think there is a place to recruit on PC itself, but out [Discord] has a section for recruiting for this sort of thing. Just make sure to read and follow the rules ;)

But we do have a section specifically filled with resources and a place to ask questions [here], so make sure to check it out!

That being said, what are your favorite ROM hacks/fan games? Which ones inspire you to do what you do?

I hope you'll enjoy your time here :)

Last edited:

__fred__40

fred
Years
Hey tabor
Thanks for the info and the welcome
Almost all the fan/hack game i played made me want to create One hack rom myself ahahah
But anyway the ones that i liked the most are light Platinum victory Fire Adventure Red and liquid Crystal

Years
Hi Fred, and welcome to the PokéCommunity !
Sorry to hear about all the data you've lost, things like that always scared me so I always make backup saves of my hard work on an USB device and to the cloud. Hope you'll find someone to help you with your new project.

Back