• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pricing] Unknown Charizard Tin

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    Hello,

I've played a few trading card games over the years, but I've never tried the Pokemon game before. My grandmother asked me to figure out if this charizard pokemon tin is worth anything, but I'm at a complete loss on how Pokemon trading works. I was able to find some of the things she has on tcgplayer, but I couldn't find this tin on there. I found similar tins on tcg, but not this specific one.

Does anyone happen to know what this could be? If I had to guess it might be worth $100 to $200 based on what I saw on tcg, but again, I have no idea how pokemon trading cards work.

Thanks for the help ^^

Attachments

• Unknown Charizard Tin
      Tin top.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 6
    • Unknown Charizard Tin
      tin bottom.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 4
    • Unknown Charizard Tin
      Charizard.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 4

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • This is the 2009 Charizard Lv.X Fall Collector's Tin.

It's currently out of stock, but PokéOrder's price was $79.99. It'd be worth more sealed.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    This is the 2009 Charizard Lv.X Fall Collector's Tin.

It's currently out of stock, but PokéOrder's price was $79.99. It'd be worth more sealed.

Thanks for the info and help!

My grandmother doesn't understand collectibles that much and she opened the top of the can when trying to figure out what it was. She just buys random things and holds onto them in the hopes they become worth more and Pokemon cards happened to be one of these things.

If the $79.99 price is accurate, it might make more sense to sell the booster packs inside individually. If I'm reading the bottom of the tin correctly, it comes with 1 diamond and pearl booster which sold for $131 on August 7th, 2021. It also comes with 3 Platinum Series boosters which the last sold for $100 each on May 31, 2021. I don't know if I've mapped these boosters to the correct listing though. These are the tcg links.

Diamond and Pearl: edit... I can't post links. I just searched tcg for "pokemon diamond and pearl booster" and the results popped right up.
    Platinum Series: edit... I can't post links. I just searched tcg for "pokemon platinum series booster" and the results popped right up.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks for the info and help!

My grandmother doesn't understand collectibles that much and she opened the top of the can when trying to figure out what it was. She just buys random things and holds onto them in the hopes they become worth more and Pokemon cards happened to be one of these things.

If the $79.99 price is accurate, it might make more sense to sell the booster packs inside individually. If I'm reading the bottom of the tin correctly, it comes with 1 diamond and pearl booster which sold for $131 on August 7th, 2021. It also comes with 3 Platinum Series boosters which the last sold for $100 each on May 31, 2021. I don't know if I've mapped these boosters to the correct listing though. These are the tcg links.

Diamond and Pearl: edit... I can't post links. I just searched tcg for "pokemon diamond and pearl booster" and the results popped right up.
    Platinum Series: edit... I can't post links. I just searched tcg for "pokemon platinum series booster" and the results popped right up.

Where'd you search out the booster pack prices? TCGPlayer? Or the Sold Listings filter on eBay?

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    I searched this on tcg player. It's where I buy most of my cards from, other than card shops of course.

If you search the booster pack names it gives you two lists. One is price points.. ie people who have actively listed the item for sale. The other table is latest sales, and it shows the date and price the item sold for. Heck, if I get a couple more posts I might even be able to post the direct link if you have difficulty searching it ;p

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    Here are some more examples. She has boxes full of stuff like this.

In general, would you say its better to open these and sell the boosters individually or try to sell the 3 or 4 booster pack sets?

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Unknown Charizard Tin
      Examples.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 5

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I would think sealed is better and no one would be suspicious of tampering that way, but if you think you can make more dividing them up then go for it!

Back