• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What if Sword and Shield had a cheesy announcer like the Pokemon Stadium games?

Years
  • My favorite part of the old Stadium series (as well as Battle Revolution on the Wii) was the incredibly campy, over-the-top announcer who would narrate the battle. The original Stadium announcer was actually the first time I had ever heard the word "Seismic" out loud, and for years I thought "sees-mick" was how it was pronounced; 20 years later, I've never heard a single other human pronounce it that way.

Seeing as Sword and Shield's battles are set up as massive sporting events, I was more than a little disappointed that there was no voiceover whatsoever. There's even a commentator's booth visible in the background of the stadiums!

I thought I'd try my best to recreate the Stadium announcer to the best of my ability, which uh...well, I tried. And since I'm a huge weeb, why not throw in a Japanese portion for extra fun?

Please let me know if anything stood out as in need of polish, or if there are lines I should have thrown in. This was very much a test project, I'd love to hear any and all feedback.

Last edited:

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Battle Revolution was so memorable for me because of the announcer, and I keep seeing people talking about the lines he says in comments of videos, I think it'd be a really fun and charming thing they could bring back at any point, even if people would probably be a little disappointed that it doesn't mean the confirmation of a new Stadium game. Sw/Sh are kinda already their own Stadium games in a way. Having an announcer would be a fun way to tie it all together.~

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • what i would give to hear WHAT'S THE MATTER, TRAINER? as i'm playing swsh while dicking around on my phone

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • My favorite part of the old Stadium series (as well as Battle Revolution on the Wii) was the incredibly campy, over-the-top announcer who would narrate the battle. The original Stadium announcer was actually the first time I had ever heard the word "Seismic" out loud, and for years I thought "sees-mick" was how it was pronounced; 20 years later, I've never heard a single other human pronounce it that way.

Seeing as Sword and Shield's battles are set up as massive sporting events, I was more than a little disappointed that there was no voiceover whatsoever. There's even a commentator's booth visible in the background of the stadiums!

I thought I'd try my best to recreate the Stadium announcer to the best of my ability, which uh...well, I tried. And since I'm a huge weeb, why not throw in a Japanese portion for extra fun?

Please let me know if anything stood out as in need of polish, or if there are lines I should have thrown in. This was very much a test project, I'd love to hear any and all feedback.

That was entertaining, and you delivered the Japanese lines with a lot of enthusiasm!

I think it would have been cool to have that, at least as an option. The PBR announcer was a positive aspect imo.

Rose being an announcer might be amusing though given he gets arrested. Maybe he'd continue streaming from jail? :v

what i would give to hear WHAT'S THE MATTER, TRAINER? as i'm playing swsh while dicking around on my phone
    Not the best thing to ask a person in 2020, haha

Back