• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga PC's Favourite Anime: Part 5 - Slice of Life

Years
  • PC's Favourite Anime: Part Five

Welcome to Anime & Manga's newest project! The idea here is simple enough. We're looking to create a long term recommendation gallery featuring the PokeCommunity's favourite series.

Each week, until the project's end, we'll be asking you to list up to ten of your personal favourite anime series in the given genre (don't worry if they also appear in subsequent lists). At the end of the week, we'll take down every series mentioned here to later be placed into the recommendation gallery. Of course, you're welcome to discuss each others' lists here also.

As the title suggests, for this week we're asking for up to ten of your favourite slice of life series!
    Here is the schedule for the project!

- Week One: Action & Adventure
    - Week Two: Drama & Romance
    - Week Three: Comedy
    - Week Four: Thriller & Horror
    - Week Five: Slice of Life
    - Week Six: Isekai
    - Week Seven: Compilation Thread Posted!

pkmin3033

Yay, another genre I have barely any experience with!

1. Yuru Yuri
    2. Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
    3. Haven't you heard? I'm Sakamoto (at least the first few episodes made me laugh a bit)

The MAL definition of this is...kinda broad. To say the least. A few others I liked popped up, but I wouldn't consider them Slice of Life...yes, I know a show can be more than one genre. No, I still don't consider the Precure seasons or things like Yuuki Yuna is a Hero to be Slice of Life. I just don't.

Love Live WOULD be on my list, but unfortunately Umi exists, so it's disqualified. Umi is trash.

Years
  • The MAL definition of this is...kinda broad. To say the least. A few others I liked popped up, but I wouldn't consider them Slice of Life...yes, I know a show can be more than one genre. No, I still don't consider the Precure seasons or things like Yuuki Yuna is a Hero to be Slice of Life. I just don't.

I probably should have included a disclaimer that MAL isn't very reliable at assigning this genre correctly. Slice of Life should really only apply to series that are episodic in nature, with little-to-no overarching story and a focus on the "ordinary" daily lives of the characters (whatever ordinary life is in the context of the setting). Don can probably give a better description than me though, so if anyone is confused, nag him.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Perhaps my favourite genre!

1. Little Busters!
    2. Angel Beats!
    3. Konohana Kitan
    4. Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine
    5. Clannad
    6. Anohana

(All of these are listed as Slice of Life on MAL, although I don't know how well they actually fit the genre. Konohana is perhaps the most episodic of all of them.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I honestly don't watch much of this genre, but I shall give it a try.

1. Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
    2. WataMote
    3. Azumanga Daioh
    4. Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
    5. Yuru Yuri
    6. K-On!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Another genre that's fresh for me. Last semester was pretty draining and simple and funny slice of life helped me relax a bit.

1 Hinamatsuri
    2 Joshikousei no Mudazukai (not listed under the genre on MAL, but I don't see how it's not slice of life)
    3 WotaKoi
    4 Aggretsuko
    5 Non Non Biyori
    6 Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
    7 Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san
    8 Today's Menu for the Emiya Family
    9 Momokuri (eh, I guess it's episodic enough)
    10 Machikado Mazoku

Honorable mention goes to WataTen. Glad I gave it a 2nd chance.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Interestingly enough, this was another one where very few people had the same series on their lists. Despite that though, we ended up with a three-way tie between Yuru Yuri, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san. Only one more of these to go now!

Back