• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Reasons for Favorite Teams/Athletes

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Why do you like the teams or athletes that you do? Is it the way they play? Are they from your area? Is it because of a memory intertwined with them? Is it based how they act outside of their sport? Perhaps something less rational?
    ________

Follows only one sport: baseball. Offers fairly silly reasons for liking the Colorado Rockies. Identifies two reasons:
    1. Colors. Formed this connection at around six years old. Used a very nice purple in their team colors. Always preferred cool colors over warm ones. Appreciated the black too. Stood out against the white + [color] of many other teams.
    2. Fantasy baseball. Plays fantasy baseball with family every year. Goes back to the very first year. Selected players based on an in-game salary then. Allowed lesser-known players to shine.

Stumbled upon one player from the Rockies: Masato Yoshii. Linked that to Yoshi, the video game character, immediately. Stuck by them for...probably the whole season? Cannot remember how well they performed for their salary.

Was a fan of Todd Helton (also on the Rockies) for their excellent performance that year too. Dropped off in later years. Maintained that attachment to them (and the Rockies as a whole) regardless of their flagging performance.

Years
  • I only follow the NBA, and even then not consistently. I've mostly just been a bandwagoner, since I'm not from the states and don't care much about being loyal to one team :p I follow individual players more. But I will say, in terms of uniforms, I love the simple aesthetic of the Celtics and Spurs jerseys~

Back