• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] What is your Pokémon team going to be?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
yeah, i know they all learn bite..... never mind on that part, then ^^'

i just prefer the kanto meowth a little bit more :smile:

about the water type, i've decided to try and catch another eevee & evolve her into vaperon :smile:

I vouch on Vaporeon. Its insane HP pool and decent Special make it a worthwhile Pokemon. Its Speed can be lacking but its still really good.

Years
i've changed my teams again...

this time, it's:

let's go eevee

eevee (F) *nickname: diana*
eevee.png

moveset:
tackle
swift
either: hyper voice, dig or skullbash
iron tail

kanto meowth (F) *nickname: feli*
meowth.png

moveset:
fury swipes
bite
either: iron tail, thunderbolt, headbutt or flash
cut

mankey (F) *nickname: fero*
mankey.png

moveset:
fury swipes
either: overheat, assurance or focus punch
strength
Hidden Power

eevee/vaporeon (F) *nickname: sprinkle*
eevee.png

moveset:
quick attack
water gun
toxic
surf

articuno *nickname: frostwing*
articuno.png

moveset:
either: gust or peck
blizzard
ancient power
fly

alolan diglett (F) *nickname: alola*
diglett-alolan.png

moveset:
body slam
rock slide
dig
rock smash

let's go pikachu

bulbasaur/ivysaur (F) *nickname: saku*
bulbasaur.png

moveset:
tackle
vine whip
either: razor leaf or petal dance
cut

oddish/vileplume (F) *nickname: raffle*
oddish.png

moveset:
either: flail or petal dance
razor leaf
either: dazzling gleam or poison powder
flash

charmander/charmeleon (F) *nickname: moya*
charmander.png

moveset:

slash
flamethrower
either: dragon rush, body slam or crunch
strength

mew *nickname: kyoko*
mew.png

moveset:
pound
psychic
rock smash
fly

abra (F) *nickname: tesla*
abra.png

moveset:

zap cannon
headbutt
either: teleport or Psyshock
iron tail

goldeen (F) *nickname: kinto*
goldeen-f.png

moveset:

hydro pump
horn attack
body slam
surf

*notice that i didn't choose pikachu for let's go pikachu?.... there's a reason for that... because i already have a male pikachu in pokemon yellow & a female pikachu in pokemon sun *evolved from pichu* with me.... that's enough *i love pikachu... but two's enough for me :smile: *

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
We don't even know what Pokemon will be in the game, technically. Only guessing it might be the Kanto dex.

A little premature to be deciding, I think.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
If we really are limited to Kanto Pok?mon, then my team will probably be the following:

eevee.png
nidorina.png
ninetales.png
rapidash.png
scyther-f.png
lapras.png

I'd like to keep Nidorina; I doubt the game's difficulty will be too much for unevolved Pok?mon, haha. Shiny Rapidash would also be preferable!

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
If we really are limited to Kanto Pok?mon, then my team will probably be the following:

eevee.png
nidorina.png
ninetales.png
rapidash.png
scyther-f.png
lapras.png

I'd like to keep Nidorina; I doubt the game's difficulty will be too much for unevolved Pok?mon, haha. Shiny Rapidash would also be preferable!

Two Fire Types eh? Plus Nidoqueen is awesome. Why disrespect the Queen? :(

I'm also pretty sure we'll get Alolan variants seeing as they're all based on Kanto region Pokemon. It'd also fill in some of the glaring gaps in Typing with regards to Dark, Steel, Ghost and Dragon. Its too bad they won't include Johto Era Evolutions of Kanto Pokemon(like Steelix, Scizor, Kingdra etc.).

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Two Fire Types eh? Plus Nidoqueen is awesome. Why disrespect the Queen? :(

I have a soft spot for Nidorina! Enough for me not to evolve it, haha. These days I just plan my team based on the Pok?mon I like best, really. :D

GlaceonBlitz

Professional Glaceon Trainer
Years
Eevee {starter <3} iMA GIVE HER CUTIE FLOWERSS ON HER EARSS aND A CUTE HAIRSTYLE!!1!

Growlithe {Evolving her into an arcanine so i can rIDE hER}

And i'm not sure about the rest. I'll decide when i get it i don't want to have my whole game planned out

Aurane

💀
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 2, 2018
If I decide to get this game, I'm just gonna go for type balance.

Eevee (Normal)
Venusaur (Grass/Poison)
Ninetales (Fire)
Vaporeon (Water)
Clefable (Fairy)
Rhydon (Rock/Ground)

Years
Probably going to go with the Pikachu version, so with that in mind my team might look like:

Pikachu
Butterfree
Blastoise/Lapras
Ninetales (either form)

After that, I'm not really sure who I'll end up using. Maybe Nidoking and Exeggutor? And if I go with Alolan Exeggutor, then I might want to use Starmie as my Water type instead of my other two choices. All I know is that Butterfree will probably be the star of my team, since I haven't had one up front and center since Heart Gold.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Probably going to go with the Pikachu version, so with that in mind my team might look like:

Pikachu
Butterfree
Blastoise/Lapras
Ninetales (either form)

After that, I'm not really sure who I'll end up using. Maybe Nidoking and Exeggutor? And if I go with Alolan Exeggutor, then I might want to use Starmie as my Water type instead of my other two choices. All I know is that Butterfree will probably be the star of my team, since I haven't had one up front and center since Heart Gold.

Vulpix is an Eevee version exclusive and hence won't be available in LGP. Also Butterfree is a solid option as a Bug/Flying Type with Psychic attacks to go along with it. If I was to get a version, Butterfree would be in my final 6.

Aurane

💀
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 2, 2018
Oh, well if Alola forms ARE in the game (in which a previously translated article mentions), and they aren't endgame, I would use A-Sandslash over Rhydon.

Years
I haven't settled on a team yet. But I'll do a pool of team members I am considering

Pikachu/Eevee
Wigglytuff/Chansey
Vileplume/Victreebel
Seadra/Dewgong
Ninetales (Slightly prefer normal form)
Venomoth

Seadra actually sounds really cool when I thought about it so I might do that.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
My team will be Charizard and HM slaves.

Considering Charmander isn't your starter, that's going to be an interesting feat :) Also did you happen to know that if you don't have a particular type of Pokemon on your team, you can't enter the Gym's? Yeah that's a requirement for all 8 Gym's. Furthermore, they have level requirements! Good luck doing Nuzlockes or Challenges with handholding like this.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm definitely going to use Bulbasaur or Squirtle in Pikachu or Eevee...considering the first gym requires a grass or water type. As for the rest of my team, I don't have any other plans yet, haven't decided.

(Since I don't have a switch yet... I need to buy one first lol)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm definitely going to use Bulbasaur or Squirtle in Pikachu or Eevee...considering the first gym requires a grass or water type. As for the rest of my team, I don't have any other plans yet, haven't decided.

(Since I don't have a switch yet... I need to buy one first lol)

You?ll need a type advantage(as well as meeting a level requirement) at every Gym(not just Brock).

Hence knowing that, Pikachu will be the best starter since Normal Type doesn?t have an advantage over anything but Ghost(if you can hit it) and Ghost won?t be a factor until Pokemon Tower and Agatha in the Elite Four. They just purposely put Vulpix in Eevee version -_-

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
My team is a Pikachu, Charizard and a bulbasaur, then I train it to lvl 100 and it becomes powerful. fun. I love pokemon

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think it's too early to call, but since the game seems to be compatible with Pokemon Go, if I can send my Alolan Diglett over...then...you know.

Eresse

Gladion Trash
Years
I think it's too early to call for me. Definitely getting the Eevee version! I'm thinking of Eevee, Arcanine or Ninetales, and Dewgong. Maybe Persian too?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'd like to use Pokemon that I've never played with before! So maybe my team might look like this?

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 12.08.48 AM.png

Back