• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Which Neopets and Paint Brushes would you like to see in a Neopets Rom Hack?

Choose the option that most appeals to you!

• ALL Neopet Species, 18 Paint Brushes (1 basic colour)

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • ALL Neopet Species, 18 Paint Brushes (all basic colours) - less special colours

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 32 Neopet Species, 32 Paint Brushes (1 basic colour)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 32 Neopet Species, 32 Paint Brushes (all basic colours) - less special colours

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 25, 2022
Neopets​
Neopets-Intro.gif

Intro
Those of you who experienced Neopets and the exciting events/plots from the website might've wondered if a Neopets Rom hack would ever be made, well one might soon be coming. But first let's talk about the Pets and Brushes you would love to see included and the most popular will make an appearance in the hack!
Which Neopets would you like to see in a Neopets Rom Hack (please list your favorites or list a max of 32 species) and which Paint Brushes would make your shortlist (please list your favorites or list a max of 31 plus 1 for the default colour, which you can specify)

Google Poll Results
Below is a list of results from a google poll which had 549 voters. I've narrowed down the list to results above 8 votes and removed duplicates. It still contains 8 species too many so I might run a poll to determine which are the most popular 3 pets in the bottom 11. Requests will take preference, feel free to suggest pets you don't think belong or pets you want to see in the hack. I'm not personally a fan of Chia but other people like it, possibly for the various colour varieties.

Polled Favourite Pets
Spoiler:

Polled Most Underrated Pets
Spoiler:

My example shortlist of paint brushes based on a few top 10 polls, top priced and my own favourites
Spoiler:

Choose your Pets and Paint Brushes
Please use Sunny Neo's Rainbow Pool or Neocolours' Pet Colours page to preview your pets and colour combinations
Brushes can be viewed at JellyNeo (a smaller range is available at Neocolours)

Neopets and Paint Brush combinations ordered by release dates
Spoiler:

A poll has been added due to the possibility of ALL Neopet species being added by limiting Paint Brushes to 18, let me know what you think!

Last edited:
Years
I don't have anything to add, but I just think this is such a cool idea! As someone who has been playing since 2006, I'd love to see this grow!

Years
I almost never post in the fan game forums due to my limited knowledge, but as a longtime Neopets fan this thread caught my eye. Would love to see Shoyru, Krawk, Aisha, Kacheek, and Cybunny since they're among some of my favorites! Aaand gotta give some love to the Faerie, Royal, Plushie, Baby, and Woodland colors too. ❤️

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 25, 2022
Thanks for the replies! I definitely will make sure those are included and I appreciate your interest :)

I'd also welcome discussion about general features in the hack while this thread was aimed to help me pick pets/brushes. For example the main character, I was thinking of using Alex (who I previously didn't know about but seems to be a flagship neopets icon when humans were in the Neopets universe) or just creating a new custom girl/boy sprite specifically for this hack (similar to default fr/lg main characters).

I was spending a bit more time thinking about the selections as I had a harder time slimming down pet species than paint brushes and I came up with another solution, which I might run the first poll on..
Instead of limiting species, it may be possible to include every Neopet species by lowing the paint brush limit to 18 (17 brushes and 1 default).

I also want to know if anyone likes the basic colours (red, yellow, blue, etc.) at the moment my idea is to choose 1 basic colour as a default type based on neopets promo images and colour schemes that were shown when they introduced new pets.
Obviously having extra basic colours would further reduce the special paint brushes so I avoided it in general.

.hack

skunkape
Years
Hi I also think this is a great idea, my favourite pet species were Yurble, Meerca & Chia so I would really appreciate a hack that included them if possible, I noticed they didn't seem to perform very well in your polls tho :(( But they are my personal favourites!
Some paintbrush colours I feel should certainly be included would be Baby, Maraquan, Mutant and Plushie!
Best of luck with your super cool project, regardless of what you do decide to include, you certainly have my support!

Back