• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most commonly used Pokémon species for original characters (OCs)

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
Years
  • This is something that just popped into my head.

This isn't really meant to be offending but some Pokémon species are used quite a lot for original characters created by fans. Of course i don't really have a problem with that but it does get a bit repetitive after a while.

My list consists of the following:
    1: Lucario
    2: Gardevior
    3: Lopunny
    4: Kirlia
    5: Eevee

You can post your list here too if you want.

Last edited:

Geewithabee

Mess with the Grookey, you get the bazookey.
    Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    I feel like I saw a lot of people do it as well when choosing their starter Pokemon while they were making their Trainer characters for the Pokemon tabletop games I play on other sites. I always tried to pick something that isn't seen very often. Once I had a Tauros as my partner Pokemon. Another time I ran a team of six differently statted Magikarp. And one time I went an entire game where all I ever had was a Pangoro and an Octillery. Between the two of them, I had a super-effective attack for anything.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • If ROM hacks count, then I do recall Froslass being a very common choice for fan made Ice leaders. I probebly remember that because back when I documented my first Glazed run I forgot about Froslass and instead replaced it with Beartic.

Years
  • Yeah Eevee is quite common, but it's incredibly cute so I don't mind it being popular. I also feel I see Espeon, Pikachu, and Vulpix fairly often! Piakchu's always been popular for OCs though if I recall?

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
  • You're the first one to actually have answered my question that i made a thread of here.

Im talking about OCs of Pokémon here. Not Fan human characters.

Back