• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Diving sprite

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2021
    Hello, I've made the HM dive work in fire red and I also made a map with underwater tiles, then the player moves in the sand (like in RSE) but I'm actually moving with the surfing sprite. That's a problem because the pokemon sprite seems to be "swimming" in the sand... and the result will be worse in the seaweed I guess.
    In Gen3 versions, the sprite is above the sand, which makes more sense.

So, how could I use the diving sprite ? I know that this sprite is somewhere in the rom, but even if I knew where it is, I couldn't display it in the game. I don't even know how to change the player sprite.

another question: I've made some research about behavior bytes but I only found how to change the scripts. how can I know what bytes are used or unused in the game ? is there an exhaustive list somewhere on pokecommunity ?

edit: in gen3 versions, the sprite is the same while surfing and diving actually, I just realized... the sprite is like floating on the water and therefore it looks good no matter where he is (underwater or surface). But that doesn't help me anyway... I still need a way to change the sprite when diving.

Last edited:
    Back