• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most annoying Anime mistakes/inconsistenties

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
  • But back onto the inconsistencies topic, omitting the Trial Captains was a huge mistake by the writing team, because this was meant to be a unique feature to Alola and it's likely going to be so sad we won't have it showcased. We had Mallow, Kiawe, Lana and Sophocles rewritten into being in Ash's group while Ilima was forgotten entirely, and now both Mina and Acerola will likely face the same fate unless if they have a different purpose to write them in for.

Don't forget Hau, we still don't really know their roles yet. But said roles would probably be minor, with them being limited to 1-2 episodes.

Having the Kahunas step in for Trial Captains was awful, especially since how I dread Akala's trials will play out... Olivia overlooking what is going to be three trials is a no-no to me. If both Type: Null and Nebby aren't used here, then we know that there is a real problem. This series seems to be adapting out every part of the Sun & Moon games in favour of inserting forced humour, and that is a reason why this anime was not meant to be my cup of tea.

Worst case both Type:Null and Nebby are going to be movie exclusive pokemon. But since Lillie and Gladion have different partners respectively, and not Nebby and Type:Null. They have a high chance of being movie exclusive.

Ash's design already turned me off from watching Sun & Moon after seeing the first two episodes, and the omitting of notable game plots has made SM more likely to seal its fate as another "dork age" of the anime.

I don't watch the dub so I don't know what kind off experience your having XD
    But Pokemon SuMo is already on its 25 episode and, at least for me; It's proven to be quite entertaining.

Wait, If you've only watched 2 episodes... I finally understand your insistence that the show is full of slapstick, granted it still has them. But, then again what kid show doesn't.

How can you truly judge the quality of an anime that will run for 50+ episodes on the first two episodes?

I always assumed you watched the show or at least seen majority of the current episodes but... well if you're not going to watch the show after 2 episodes that your choice, but I feel most of my replies where only fell to deaf ears. T_T

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    Ah yes, this pic was horrifying indeed. I knew how controversial twerking was, and having it exposed to kids like that was surely going to make my reaction not be pretty.

Pinkie-Dawn (a user who compared my Sun & Moon rants to his own rants about post-haircut Serena) said that other shows focus on slapstick, but Yo-Kai Watch posing as a huge threat to Pokemon's popularity in Japan caused slapstick to become more prominent and raised my concerns about Pokemon losing its identity by changing its formula.

That uvula face scene was likely done for comedy, but it definitely never made me laugh.

But back onto the inconsistencies topic, omitting the Trial Captains was a huge mistake by the writing team, because this was meant to be a unique feature to Alola and it's likely going to be so sad we won't have it showcased. We had Mallow, Kiawe, Lana and Sophocles rewritten into being in Ash's group while Ilima was forgotten entirely, and now both Mina and Acerola will likely face the same fate unless if they have a different purpose to write them in for.

Having the Kahunas step in for Trial Captains was awful, especially since how I dread Akala's trials will play out... Olivia overlooking what is going to be three trials is a no-no to me. If both Type: Null and Nebby aren't used here, then we know that there is a real problem. This series seems to be adapting out every part of the Sun & Moon games in favour of inserting forced humour, and that is a reason why this anime was not meant to be my cup of tea.

Ash's design already turned me off from watching Sun & Moon after seeing the first two episodes, and the omitting of notable game plots has made SM more likely to seal its fate as another "dork age" of the anime.
    Ash's design also make me loose interest in watching it but I will probably see it one day.
    That pic you posted is ridiculous, X/Y Ash would never do that, Ash's japanese voice actor said that his soul is the same but it doesn't seem like it. No Trial Captains really seems that Sun and Moon will be the worst series yet.

Guest123_x1

Ah yes, this pic was horrifying indeed. I knew how controversial twerking was, and having it exposed to kids like that was surely going to make my reaction not be pretty.
    I've long thought that Japanese moral standards were vastly different than those in the Western world (and perhaps also Australia and New Zealand). Then again, so many young people (particularly teenagers) are into twerking, and spreading their acts on social media (especially Facebook, Instagram, and perhaps SnapChat as well).
    Pinkie-Dawn (a user who compared my Sun & Moon rants to his own rants about post-haircut Serena) said that other shows focus on slapstick, but Yo-Kai Watch posing as a huge threat to Pokemon's popularity in Japan caused slapstick to become more prominent and raised my concerns about Pokemon losing its identity by changing its formula.
    I thought the reason for the major changes in the Pokémon anime for the Sun/Moon era were simply because the producers and writers realized that the series as a whole was becoming tired and dated and that it needed to be taken in a different direction (particularly due to the intense competitive threat from Yo-Kai Watch, as you've often stated).

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years

• Hey guys, let's stay on topic of inconsistencies and mistakes in the anime. Art style and the repurposing of characters and your personal gripes over them are not inconsistencies between the anime and the game mechanics nor are they mistakes in the anime - they are just elements of the Sun/Moon anime and can be discussed elsewhere. Feel free to reach out over PM if you have any questions.

On the topic of inconsistencies, personally I've never had a probably with Pokemon being able to use more than four moves - I feel it allows for a lot more versatility and keeps things more interesting in battles.

Apart from type issues which are always a bit annoying, what really annoyed/disappointed me as a kid was when Pokemon were mislabelled in the original PokeRap haha.

Years
  • Apart from type issues which are always a bit annoying, what really annoyed/disappointed me as a kid was when Pokemon were mislabelled in the original PokeRap haha.

Apologies for the thread derailment, but that's what can happen when a section is left without mods for a very long time.

But I do agree with your points on the PokeRap there. Sometimes it lists Pokemon with the wrong names and that always makes me want to facepalm like hell.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    Hey guys, let's stay on topic of inconsistencies and mistakes in the anime. Art style and the repurposing of characters and your personal gripes over them are not inconsistencies between the anime and the game mechanics nor are they mistakes in the anime - they are just elements of the Sun/Moon anime and can be discussed elsewhere. Feel free to reach out over PM if you have any questions.

On the topic of inconsistencies, personally I've never had a probably with Pokemon being able to use more than four moves - I feel it allows for a lot more versatility and keeps things more interesting in battles.

Apart from type issues which are always a bit annoying, what really annoyed/disappointed me as a kid was when Pokemon were mislabelled in the original PokeRap haha.

Sorry about that, will try not to do it again.

I never noticed that with the Pokerap, probably because I was to young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oniOmDo_K0s

Last edited:
    Back