• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should women be allowed to go topless in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
  • Well, perhaps you should stop being so euphemistic about it and you'll see why.

Culture shouldn't be changed for the sake of changing it. It's supposed to be relatively solid. And I'm only going to say this once. Heels were never on the same level as boobs, even when they were inappropriate. Should we simply let more and more get shown on that equation the result is nudism. There has to be a stopping point and I think the current stopping point is fine.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Well, perhaps you should stop being so euphemistic about it and you'll see why.

Culture shouldn't be changed for the sake of changing it. It's supposed to be relatively solid. And I'm only going to say this once. Heels were never on the same level as boobs, even when they were inappropriate. Should we simply let more and more get shown on that equation the result is nudism. There has to be a stopping point and I think the current stopping point is fine.

perhaps you should stop being so rude in nearly every debate you're involved in

you might think so, some people don't. a difference in opinion is ok, y'know. full frontal nudity doesn't hurt me any, though i do like the sentiment of hiding your genitals (or dick and vag to avoid being euphemistic as Yellow so much dislikes) from everyone but your significant other. i don't think asking for the option of revealing your tits is 'changing culture for the sake of changing it,' perhaps there are women who do feel oppressed. personally, i find bras uncomfortable and not being able to just rip off my clothes in Texas heat a little inconvenient. if you're against doing so yourself, kEwL, don't do it.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Then just rip your own clothes apart and have a nice day, and in the same time stop bothering us with "I SO WANT TO EXPOSE MY BODY" argument.

Also this isn't applied to how hot it is around you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Then just rip your own clothes apart and have a nice day, and in the same time stop bothering us with "I SO WANT TO EXPOSE MY BODY" argument.

Also this isn't applied to how hot it is around you.
    The whole point is that people can't just "rip their clothes off", because, y'know, it's a criminal offence and it's likely people would get hassle for it, which is the whole point of this thread saying that woman shouldn't be told not to go topless. If it was as simple as "just ripping clothes off" then this thread wouldn't exist.
    Are you seriously saying "don't bother us"? You do realise this is a debate right? People are here to post their opinions and try to argue their points, you seem to be having trouble grasping that concept, so please stop bothering us with your "I'M GOING TO BE RUDE AND NOT ACTUALLY MAKE ANY VALID POINTS" argument.

I think mentioning how hot and uncomfortable it gets is a perfectly valid point to bring up seeing as it shows why women might want to go topless in the first place for an actually valid reason, whereas most people in this thread think that it's just a case of women wanting to expose themselves just for the sake of it.

Dawn

Years
  • perhaps you should stop being so rude in nearly every debate you're involved in

Well excuse me Princess!
    geeplz.jpg

I merely have apathy for this argument.
    you might think so, some people don't. a difference in opinion is ok, y'know. full frontal nudity doesn't hurt me any

Oh you can differ in opinion. But if you don't want your opinion contested debate threads are not for you. Also, it would hurt me.

perhaps there are women who do feel oppressed.

I doubt there are many women who feel oppressed because they can't go topless in public without being accused of lewd behavior.
    I agree with Yamikarasu, who apparently saw this coming.

don't do it.
    Thank you, I will not, under any conditions.

Also, clothes are awesome. So under appreciated, like, gawsh.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    @Yellow, now you're just being rude and i can't take you seriously. sorry to hear nudity would hurt you. in the unlikely case of the law changing and there being nudes ~~~eVerYwHeRe~~~, there is the option of paying no mind and the option of adapting your mindset.

yeah male Yamikarasu is a real good source to ascertain what women all over are feeling

withdrawing as well (doubt that'll last), im weary of talking in circles and pointing back to previous quotes to users who won't bother to read the pages before xD

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • @Yellow, now you're just being rude and i can't take you seriously.

Perhaps you should leave then, if you can't take someone arguing back with apathy. =/ It's nothing personal, dear.

sorry to hear nudity would hurt you. in the unlikely case of the law changing and there being nudes ~~~eVerYwHeRe~~~, there is the option of paying no mind and the option of adapting your mindset.

We have a much less glorious term for that. It's called ignorance or the "option" of being assimilated.

yeah male Yamikarasu is a real good source to ascertain what women all over are feeling

I'm a female, and I agreed with him, so... I like men, and I think they have a right to give their feelings on the matter.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I was reminded of this thread yesterday when a woman was walking around a shop in a bikini top and shorts. My mother made a remark (neither positive or negative), just pointed her out to me. No-one stopped this woman from walking around, either.

-deviating from the argument- o_o;;;

Dawn

Years
  • Yeah. That's fine, and I think it's legal too, but completely nude is what we're currently on about.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • Frankly, if us guys are requesting that women don't walk around bearing all from day to day, we must have thought our point out slowly and fairly.

And back to my last point once again, what are you even gaining from being able to go around topless? It's certainly not dignity. You'd just become sex objects again. And no, the "b-b-but it just culture!" argument doesn't work, because culture won't change with a snap of your fingers. I've yet to see a valid reason why people would make such a fuss over something so trivial.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    ...Why the hell would a women want to go around naked? Sounds like INEEDMALEATTENTION to me.
    Also men's opinion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> female's opinion on this matter.
    Men have more say on a matter about the female body than females do? Wow, great logic there. Myself and poopnoodle already pointed out a reason why women might want to go topless, and you seem to have overlooked it, along with the rest of my post.

PkMnTrainer Yellow said:
    Perhaps you should leave then, if you can't take someone arguing back with apathy. =/ It's nothing personal, dear.
    Please tell me where poopnoodle said it was personal, and it's not just "being apathetic" it's rudeness. Apathy =/= rudeness. Seriously, telling someone to leave a thread because they don't agree with you, get off your pedestal

PkMnTrainer Yellow said:
    We have a much less glorious term for that. It's called ignorance or the "option" of being assimilated.
    Doesn't really sound like the words of someone that is apathetic to me. More like the words of someone that is horrified by the very idea of society changing it's views on breast exposure.

PkMnTrainer Yellow said:
    I'm a female, and I agreed with him, so... I like men, and I think they have a right to give their feelings on the matter
    Please say where poopnoodle said that all male opinions should be disregarded. She was merely pointing out the ridiculousness of valuing a male's opinion about the female body over a female's opinion.

Iceknight212 said:
    Also, you're the one taking this too srsly. Yellow's just havin' some fun and sittin' back for teh lulz.

Have a nice day, miss BUTTHURT
    Confirmed for an idiot. This isn't a thread for personal attacks, feel free to make one if you wish although I doubt it will be taken seriously.

Dawn

Years
  • Men have more say on a matter about the female body than females do? Wow, great logic there. Myself and poopnoodle already pointed out a reason why women might want to go topless, and you seem to have overlooked it, along with the rest of my post.

Men and Women don't have equal say on the appropriateness of topless women? That's mighty sexist, and I haven't had to use that term in a long time.

Please tell me where poopnoodle said it was personal, and it's not just "being apathetic" it's rudeness. Apathy =/= rudeness. Seriously, telling someone to leave a thread because they don't agree with you, get off your pedestal

I'm going to dare be blunt and say, take your "poor poopnoodle" plee and leave the modding to the mods. -_-

Doesn't really sound like the words of someone that is apathetic to me. More like the words of someone that is horrified by the very idea of society changing it's views on breast exposure.

You have very little in the requirements to judge me.

Please say where poopnoodle said that all male opinions should be disregarded. She was merely pointing out the ridiculousness of valuing a male's opinion about the female body over a female's opinion.

Fatal Contradiction Encountered. In addition, Fatal Assumption Encountered.
    I was SAYING that men and women have equal right and value to share their views here.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years

• his point is, those children grew up to see breasts as something that is a part of nature rather than a sexual object, thus children of all cultures should be able to if they're always exposed to the body in that way.

this is other chat. this is where we present our different views on certain topics. i cant believe a topic about something society would consider "risque" would take an other chat moderator by surprise.

Surprise? No. Facepalming about the state of OC these days? Yes.
    What, do you think I'm thinking "Oh nooo, this is too sensitive to talk about! >.<!!!" Pfft. It's more like "Jeez, did OC really come up with this? Are we REALLY discussing this?" I'm really not surprised by anything here anymore. Just disappoint.

It would take generations upon generations for society to get used to women running around topless. And what woman in their right mind would go around braless? Do you know how much that hurts? There's a reason women wear bras instead of just wearing a t-shirt you know. The only reason a non-tribal woman would walk around topless is if they're drunk or they want to get some. You all make it sound as if women don't think of their boobs as sexual and are suppressed by bras and t-shirts. Trust me, there will be no ~liberation~ from going around topless. Goodness :|

Years
  • Since I left the thread, I came back to see what happened.

Well, Yellow, before you had a good argument, but sadly, you, have lost your stark raving mind.

Thank god I can say that the world will change in ninety years, so I can laugh at all of you who said a topless woman is horrible, but then again we'll probably never see a topless woman in public.

What I'm trying to say is y'all aren't taking all things into account, such as:

THE WEATHER: the world is getting warmer, thanks to us disrupting the natural order of things we'll be seeing a lot more hurricanes and tornadoes in places they're non existent in. Also, the ozone is being killed, and so that will cause more people to cover up.

One more factor is simply this:

Woman in today's society will feel ashamed of doing such an act, so they won't do it. Yellow is a living example. Hope I helped!

Dawn

Years
  • Since I left the thread, I came back to see what happened.

Well, Yellow, before you had a good argument, but sadly, you, have lost your stark raving mind.

And you are jumping on the bandwagon. You say my argument isn't good anymore, but... you... didn't say how. *Not impressed*

In all honesty, I think this thread needs to be Falcon Punched. It seems as if it isn't going to be going anywhere further.
    Though, that's just my opinion, of course.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • And you are jumping on the bandwagon. You say my argument isn't good anymore, but... you... didn't say how. *Not impressed*

In all honesty, I think this thread needs to be Falcon Punched. It seems as if it isn't going to be going anywhere further.

Well, you can help kill it at any time by not posting in it too. If you feel the convo is going nowhere, the best thing to do is not to fuel it.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016

What I'm trying to say is y'all aren't taking all things into account, such as:

THE WEATHER: the world is getting warmer, thanks to us disrupting the natural order of things we'll be seeing a lot more hurricanes and tornadoes in places they're non existent in. Also, the ozone is being killed, and so that will cause more people to cover up.

You make a good case with the ozone layer. The main reason for being topless would be to cool down, but with an ever growing risk of skin cancer, I suppose clothes will needed for the opposite of they were invented for. Namely, keeping us from burning rather than getting cold.
    Now, as it's 1:30 in the morning, I'd best be off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back