• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Strip post formatting button

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    In the past we've had the option to ignore user formatting in posts. This was very useful due to the number of users who insist on requiring people to strain their eyes in order to read their content. However I have a suggestion that doesn't require any option changes or the like, I also would like to see this option to be specific to the post as opposed to the whole forum. It's not usually the formatting in general that is the problem, but sometimes particular users style their posts in a way that clashes with the theme you're using.

What I'm proposing is a simple button in a user's postbit that strips any [color]/[css]/[size]/[font] BB code and the like so that the post simply shows plain text.

Unstripped
    Spoiler:

Stripped
    Spoiler:

I'm sure you guys could flesh it out better (and make it more pretty), but it'd be sweet to have an option like this to provide better legibility for posts that are difficult to read.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I definitely like this solution. It's a quick and simple solution, and it makes sense since formatting isn't always a bad thing--it's only an issue when it clashes with the viewer's style's background color. +1 from me ^^

Reactions: Sun

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I love post formatting but some people feel the need to make their size like 2 in a small font with yellow writing or something so id definately like this so i might strain my eyes less :D

Reactions: Sun

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Sounds nice! That could be useful in trade shops, or roleplaying where a tonof posts have compl,icated CSS.

Back