• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Improving Pokecommunity

Tapan681

RiverDream
Years
  • From my nearly one year experience in Pokecommunity,I have seen the area/s where our community is lacking :-

Helping Newbies - I have seen many people asking for help in various threads, eagerly waiting to get an answer,but what happens? They are left unanswered.
    I know there's a common rule here, " People will answer if they want too". Thats fully understandable, but atleast if one is free,he must help others. Afterall, its a community

Suggestion- Moderator of the thread must respond (if he cant help it) to the people. ofcourse, he dont have to answer all. People which truly need help must be responded by moderator.

This is a community. We must try to help every member. Thank you for paying attention.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Are there any particular areas you're seeing lots of unanswered questions? Generally the community does answer things, often quickly and in droves!

We can't force members to reply to anything. Moderators do their best to help their section as much as possible, so if something is going unanswered I doubt it's done vindictively, it might be because they themselves don't know the answer.

Tapan681

RiverDream
    Years
  • You may be right.What if a newbie asks a question, which can be generally answered by advance learners,but still remain unanswered.
    I can pm u the links of the threads if you want to view them.

Also, If a question has not answered, the moderator should inform the asker (Like I said in post). One might get hurt if none of his/her questions have a solution.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    You can, if you'd like. I'm just interested where this is happening - I'm guessing perhaps ROM hacking? A place with a lottt of questions being asked, and not that many advanced users compared to new users.

Years
  • I have to say I've been on PC for nearly four years now and I have never seen this happening in any section I'm active in. So if it is going on somewhere, it's probably an isolated problem in that section.

Years
  • Like Mana said, I think it's mainly in ROM Hacking where these issues happen since there aren't many experienced users who know a lot about that section, and when you consider all the new users who flood that section it's expected some questions may go unanswered.

I don't really run into these issues in most sections that I'm active in, by the way.

Back