• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible to implement weather into a hack?

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    I'm a GSC update/remake and one of the things I want to implement in there is weather, though I'm not really sure of how possible that is. Basically, every my idea is to have it rain randomly every once in a while and the game and also for it to snow in some towns. What weather would effect is basically, that'd there would be different Pokemon then in normal weather. You'd find more "ice" based Pokemon when it's snowing. So is this possible?

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
    Years
  • I don't think so.
    It would actually have to be scripted more likely.
    And it could cause quite a lot of glitches.
    Is this a gsc rom or a 3rd generation rom?

If it is 3RD generation then u only need to use a map to change the weather and then you add the pokes.

Off topic:I need a music remixer for my hack.Wanna join?

Last edited:

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • That may be possible.
    If there was some way to randomize where each script that would activate a certain weater condition is every time you reload a map, then it would be possible.
    I wouldn't try it though, it could get really annoying (i hate rain in the game ><)

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    The weather part is easy to implement. I'm adding that to my hack. Here's a video of a randomised weather in a normal FR rom.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPU9mJWIeLQ
    But changing the pokemon that appear in the area, I'm still working on. I haven't found a way to do it yet.
    Wow awesome dude. Could you possibly let me use that there script? I'd give credit to you of course.

Back