• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Gamefreak ever makes main series games set on a region based on Portugal...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2019
    I actually don't believe that Gamefreak will make games set on a region based on Portugal while we are alive. But if it would happen, I hope they create Pokémon based on a Grass Green Lion, a Fire Red Eagle and a Water Blue Dragon and maybe as an extra an Dark Black Panther. The first three didn't need to be starters (would be awesome though).

Also I am aware that main series Pokémon games may soon end. So maybe we will never see Portugal in main series games

Last edited:
    Years
  • Portugal is definitely possible eventually, though I personally think Russia will make a good base for the next generation. It's got some beautiful and very iconic architecture. Egypt would be cool, too!

Also I am aware that main series Pokémon games may soon end.

This is just a very poor rumor floating around because some people are upset with the decisions made regarding some things in Sword & Shield. :s I can guarantee you Pokémon will not be going anywhere anytime soon. X & Y sold as many copies (16 million) as Ruby & Sapphire, while Sun & Moon sold 15 million. The numbers have been and will stay very, very stable. The people who are upset over certain controversial things make up a small minority of buyers.

Last edited:

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
    Years
  • Portugal could become a region but I want it to be based on India
    not because I'm Indian or anything its because I'm Indian that's why I want Pokemon to have a region based on India

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I actually don't believe that Gamefreak will make games set on a region based on Portugal while we are alive. But if it would happen, I hope they create Pokémon based on a Grass Green Lion, a Fire Red Eagle and a Water Blue Dragon and maybe as an extra an Dark Black Panther. The first three didn't need to be starters (would be awesome though).

I hope not. To use football mascots as a basis for Pokémon would be pure and simply cringeworthy.

A logical step would be to use iberian fauna and flora (many of which already exist as Pokémon).

Years
  • Game Freak will make a region based on whatever country has rich and deep history and culture behind it. I wouldn't count Portugal out yet.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2019
    May soon end? Says who?
    Alot of people claim having evidence that Gamefreaks priorities aren't Pokémon anymore and that the Pokémon Companys focus are side game in mobile because it makes more money.

Portugal is definitely possible eventually, though I personally think Russia will make a good base for the next generation. It's got some beautiful and very iconic architecture. Egypt would be cool, too!

This is just a very poor rumor floating around because some people are upset with the decisions made regarding some things in Sword & Shield. :s I can guarantee you Pokémon will not be going anywhere anytime soon. X & Y sold as many copies (16 million) as Ruby & Sapphire, while Sun & Moon sold 15 million. The numbers have been and will stay very, very stable. The people who are upset over certain controversial things make up a small minority of buyers.
    If Russia becomes a region, I think it will be the Part with Moscow and Saint Petersburg. I doubt they will make the whole country unfortunately.
    Would be interesting with Egypt and the Pyramids and the Sphinx.
    And yeah I hope it is a rumor and Main games continue.
    I hope not. To use football mascots as a basis for Pokémon would be pure and simply cringeworthy.

A logical step would be to use iberian fauna and flora (many of which already exist as Pokémon).
    Don't know if you are Portuguese or not but I'm sure that alot of Portuguese people would love that. Portugal loves Football.
    Game Freak will make a region based on whatever country has rich and deep history and culture behind it. I wouldn't count Portugal out yet.
    Portugal can happen but I think Germany, Italy and Spain will come before and maybe other US States. Unova= New York, Klaos=France, Alola=Hawaii, Galar= United Kingdom. So an US State and an European country. If it continues like this (or not) it would be alot of generations before Portugal would get a chance.

Years
  • Alot of people claim having evidence that Gamefreaks priorities aren't Pokémon anymore and that the Pokémon Companys focus are side game in mobile because it makes more money.

The games are still selling millions upon millions of copies. Game Freak may be prioritizing Town more, but the Pokemon games are far from collapsing given how they sell. In order for Pokemon games to actually "end", they'd actually have to hit some sort of plateau in sales and basically keep tanking on unprecedented levels.

Portugal can happen but I think Germany, Italy and Spain will come before and maybe other US States. Unova= New York, Klaos=France, Alola=Hawaii, Galar= United Kingdom. So an US State and an European country. If it continues like this (or not) it would be alot of generations before Portugal would get a chance.

You have a point; it may perhaps be a while but all I'm saying is that it's a possibility like any other history-rich country. That said though, aside from maybe California, I don't see very many regions being based on US States since New York, California, and Hawaii tend to be high tourism states. If I had to take a guess, it seems more likely that Game Freak would take a look at Australia for a region at some point alongside another European country.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I do agree with LusoTrainer that using football mascots as a reference for Pokémon is not a good idea and even though "Portugal loves football", I don't think that's what defines us.
    Nevertheless, I would love if GF made a region based on Portugal, and I would definitely love to see a Pokémon city based on Lisbon, with lots of sun and houses with vibrant colours :) Also, references to the beaches and the other beautiful landscapes, the bridges, the Portuguese gastronomy and maybe taking inspiration on Portuguese History, namely our maritime adventures, would be awesome ^.^

Back