• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Flare - Final Version Released! (1.02 as of 1/23/19)

Years
  • How do you evolve pokemon like machoke and seadra?

All trade evolutions have been removed. They all evolve via level-up now.

Also, is friendship evolutions still a thing?

Friendship evolutions are still a thing, and they should work properly since the day/night system works.

Where do i get waterfall?

Waterfall will be given to you as part of the main story, you literally can't miss it!

Btw love your hack keep making them, u rock!
    Thanks man!

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2022
    Is it possible to complete the national dex in this game? BTW keep up the great work, love this game!

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2019
    Hey i love your work a lot but unfortunately i havent played this rom hack for a couple of months because of glitch i got

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-25-13-35-48.png
      Screenshot_2019-02-25-13-35-48.png
      157.1 KB · Views: 22
    Years
  • Where is Squirtle on Route 22? Is it in the grass or water?

In the grass on Route 21 :)

Speaking of which, if anyone has any questions about Pokémon Locations, feel free to look through this Word document! Happy hunting and good luck! :)

I'm going to update the OP with the word document also!

Attachments

• Pokemon Flare Locations.docx
      626.1 KB · Views: 110
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2023
    I think there is a potential issue with the early game; Primarily with Surf. Issue is that I had used all of my money and pokeballs catching pokemon on three island. None of which could learn surf. So when I got back to cinnabar island I was potentially stuck. Luckily I did have a meowth with pickup which I was able to use to gain items to sell for a pokeball which I was able to save scum to catch a magikarp, which I then had to grind up to lv 20 to teach surf.

Another issue is that Ryhorn can not win no matter what in your first fight against the rival. Every time your rival will use water gun and ohko you. As well the type match up's are too unbalanced. Grimer is weak to Ground and Psychic, and Slowpoke isn't weak to either of the other two, while Ryhorn is 4x weak to water. I assume that Slowpoke is the easy mode of the game since it's strong against most of the gyms, and other starters.

Years
  • I think there is a potential issue with the early game; Primarily with Surf. Issue is that I had used all of my money and pokeballs catching pokemon on three island. None of which could learn surf. So when I got back to cinnabar island I was potentially stuck. Luckily I did have a meowth with pickup which I was able to use to gain items to sell for a pokeball which I was able to save scum to catch a magikarp, which I then had to grind up to lv 20 to teach surf.

Another issue is that Ryhorn can not win no matter what in your first fight against the rival. Every time your rival will use water gun and ohko you. As well the type match up's are too unbalanced. Grimer is weak to Ground and Psychic, and Slowpoke isn't weak to either of the other two, while Ryhorn is 4x weak to water. I assume that Slowpoke is the easy mode of the game since it's strong against most of the gyms, and other starters.

You can get an old rod on Cinnabar, and the Old Rod encounters in the waters nearby can learn surf.

Also, you're not really supposed to win the rival battle, I made it hard intentionally :)
    If you do win tho, all the power to you, congrats I guess?

Either way, I personally don't believe that any one starter is better than the others, since you can get such a wide variety of Pokémon early game anyways.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Can you provide list of Pokemon and moves? Or a tool to look up?
    Great hack btw!

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2024
    How does one deal with Seafoam Islands?

Nevermind, i managed to deal with it. Still, you deserve to suck a dick for making zubats there pop out every step you take. I literally killed over a 100 while i pushed the boulders around.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    @Pokemonace123

Your romhack looks interesting! Do you mind if I did a let's play on it?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Years
  • I actually wanted to ask, what happened to the HGSS music feature?

So basically, it was super buggy (as I'm sure you picked up on if you played the previous versions) so I decided to get rid of it.

Can you provide list of Pokemon and moves? Or a tool to look up?
    Great hack btw!

There is a list of obtainable Pokémon attached to the main post. In terms of moves, you can check which moves were added in Mr. DollSteak's rombase, and those are the new moves in this hack :)

How does one deal with Seafoam Islands?

Not sure what exactly you mean by that, but the puzzle is identical to the one in vanilla FR/LG

@Pokemonace123

Your romhack looks interesting! Do you mind if I did a let's play on it?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hey man, sure thing! Also feel free to send me a video of your let's play and I'll gladly check it out! :D

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I have encountered a glitch where the protag's sprite messes up and switches to the female sprite, surfing sprite, cycling sprite, fishing sprite, and HM/VS Seeker using sprites and occasionally the generic little kid sprite. It can be game breaking if you don't use cheats or if the sprite changes to Brendan (when you surf). It happened after I picked up a water stone in Seafoam Islands.

Years
  • soooo what i supposed to do next after i wake snolax at lavender town?

Spoiler:

I have encountered a glitch where the protag's sprite messes up and switches to the female sprite, surfing sprite, cycling sprite, fishing sprite, and HM/VS Seeker using sprites and occasionally the generic little kid sprite. It can be game breaking if you don't use cheats or if the sprite changes to Brendan (when you surf). It happened after I picked up a water stone in Seafoam Islands.

Hey man, I'm gonna need more details because I went to get the water stone and didn't run into any issues. If you want, you can dm me here or on discord with more info and I'll try to see what happened. (I check discord a lot more often though, so that'd be your best bet)

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    Hey man, sure thing! Also feel free to send me a video of your let's play and I'll gladly check it out! :D

Hi! It took some time, but I've already released more than 10 videos on your game, here's the link to it:
    https://youtu.be/2vdQVu8H7Ns

The game has been awesome so far! I've just reached Cerulean City. My only small complain is that the random encounter rate is too high in Seaform Island and Diglett Cave, which appears once every 1~3 steps and it drives me crazy when I try to figure out the puzzles and getting to the next destination.

Overall, good romhack. I hope I be able to provide a more in-depth review for this game soon once I've completed it!

Back