• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Weekly Poll #14] The Green-haired Guy

What do you think of Cilan?

• He's one of the greatest characters to ever grace the anime!

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • He's an okay dude.

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Meh.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I'm not a big fan of him.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He is garbage and I wish he was never introduced.

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • dtfrvgnhjmkpl-1.jpg

What was his name again? Cilantro? Anyways, it appears that this guy has gain a lot of popularity. The question is simple, what do you like/hate about him?

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Don't call my name, don't call my name... Cilantroll~

He's just... meh ^__^ He could definitely be worse. Next to Iris he's pocket lint

Watch as this thread is magically taken over by me and Anna

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Despite being a Cilan fan...I actually liked Cilan when I first met him. I thought of him better then Brock for a few reasons. He has a Rival and he actually does something in the group. His ways do remind me of Brock sometimes, him cooking, having a map, being a gym leader(First) and is the one that is the brains in the group. I hope we get to know more about him later on but so far he is an awesome character!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Meh really sums it up for me. I don't like him, but I don't hate him. He is just there. Definitely like Iris more then him. It would have been a lot cooler if they had Cheren instead of him. Then again I don't know how much I could handle of Cheren being a constant smartass.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I love him.

Yes. I am sure you never expected that, coming from me.

He is fabulous and fun and quirky and easily adapts to any situation. He's so much more entertaining and intriguing than his co-stars. :D

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    He does just seem like a Brock 2.0 at first glance. But I have to admit, I've grown very strongly to him during Best Wishes. He has an awsome personality, looks great, very funny. He seems like such a metro. xD

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • I like him. Much better than Brock, as he actually has a rival, and does stuff. Honestly I'm hoping he'll stay for the next season too if there's one.

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
    Years
  • He quickly rose up to being my second favorite character, next to Paul. It's really fun to ship the heck out of him with Ash to make up back stories for him, since he has such a multi-faceted personality. And I think he's hilarious XD

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • He's fantastic! He's the only breath of fresh air when one is subjected to Iris and Ash. Though I still can't understand why they changed him so much from the game, I'm pleased that his anime incarnation is interesting. LOL, I actually would want to know why people would think he's garbage. That's a very extreme poll option, you see.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • I don't mind Cilan but he certainly no Iris that's for sure.

Thank heavens for that! X) Otherwise I'd have to buzz TheSmartOne and forfeit my membership in the Dento fan club~

I can tell these food puns are going to get annoying after a while.

Yeah, it'll get redundant. =) Good thing that Iris doesn't repeat herself at all.

... No, that's not right. Oh wait! How about Iris' "kodomo ne~"/"Such a child/kid"? If you can tolerate that annoying crap that serves no purpose other than showcasing how much of a boring character she really is, then Dento's puns should be fine. At least Dento's douchey puns serves a slight purpose- such as in battle (which is a big part of Pokemon, dude).

The fact that he has no sclera annoys me.

Dude, it's better than having no real personality. *CoughIriscough*Though at first, it did bother me too. Now I think it's a part of his uniqueness. ♥ Haha, but in the real world, I'd rather have a sclera.

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
    Years
  • He's so flamboyantly green.
    Thus there is no reason to dislike the man.

In saying so, his tasting time rants get too much for me sometimes. I love puns though, even if they're not too punny sometimes.

Also, I first thought it was Brock that had been crushed by a massive leaf stone. But, though he seems to have a lot in common with Brock (and it's easier for us to realise this because Brock is not there anymore and so we compare them to each other), he has his own character of being delightfully... 'fabulous'.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Best. main character. ever.

I don't even know why I like him, but I find him to be far more interesting than Ash, Brock or Tracey have ever been. I also prefer Dento over Cilan, because they are reasonably different in some ways. I like both presentations of the character, though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    I like him. Much better than Brock, as he actually has a rival, and does stuff. Honestly I'm hoping he'll stay for the next season too if there's one.

Agreed, I just got through watching the Zoroark movie. Introductions to Karl.

"Hi I'm Ash, and this is my partner Pikachu."

"I'm Dawn and this is Piplup."

"I'm Brock."

...enough said.

He's fantastic! He's the only breath of fresh air when one is subjected to Iris and Ash. Though I still can't understand why they changed him so much from the game, I'm pleased that his anime incarnation is interesting. LOL, I actually would want to know why people would think he's garbage. That's a very extreme poll option, you see.

Am I to assume you dislike Iris?

I don't mind Cilan but he certainly no Iris that's for sure.

Thank heavens for that! X) Otherwise I'd have to buzz TheSmartOne and forfeit my membership in the Dento fan club~

I believe that is a maybe on the dislike.

Yeah, it'll get redundant. =) Good thing that Iris doesn't repeat herself at all.

... No, that's not right. Oh wait! How about Iris' "kodomo ne~"/"Such a child/kid"? If you can tolerate that annoying crap that serves no purpose other than showcasing how much of a boring character she really is, then Dento's puns should be fine. At least Dento's douchey puns serves a slight purpose- such as in battle (which is a big part of Pokemon, dude).

A strong maybe?

Dude, it's better than having no real personality. *CoughIriscough*Though at first, it did bother me too. Now I think it's a part of his uniqueness. ♥ Haha, but in the real world, I'd rather have a sclera.

Ok are you trying to say something? You should get that cough checked it is hard to understand who you are talking about.

He's so flamboyantly green.

I like the simple yet true way you put it.

I do believe that he completes the group, Protagonist-Ash, Advisor/Cook/Comic Relief (at times)-Cilan, and annoying tag along in order to push the Protagonist to get better by belittling yet secretly admiring him...person-Iris.

Aurea

molten♦gold
    Years
  • I don't think he's really as Brock-like as some would think. Dent doesn't really take Brock's place or his role, even. He's very much his own person, with his own skills and knowledge base- and an incredibly dynamic and charismatic one at that. :3

He's so flamboyantly green.
    *applauds*

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013

Haha, you're wrong! I think she's fantastic... *coughs then dies* You're right; I should have checked out that cough.

R.I.P
    In memory of Nutella
    Who is somehow able to speak from beyond the grave
    Care to share?
    LOL​

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • I don't think he's really as Brock-like as some would think. Dent doesn't really take Brock's place or his role, even. He's very much his own person, with his own skills and knowledge base- and an incredibly dynamic and charismatic one at that. :3

You like Chili AND said awesome things about Dento!~ ♥ I bet you're Jesus in disguise! C'mon, you can tell me! XD

R.I.P
    In memory of Nutella
    Who is somehow able to speak from beyond the grave
    Care to share?
    LOL

MY HEART IS ONE WITH POKECOMMUNITY EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE FOR MORE THAN A MONTH

Back