• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Need help hacking the shiny spawn rate in FireRed

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    I know TSK's Shiny Chance Changer exists but that's unreliable and doesn't do what I'm wanting to do.

What I'm trying to do is edit the actual formula to change what values can be shiny. From what I know, there's an actual byte in the hex code that determines how high the value from the shiny formula can be for a Pokémon to be shiny. Obviously, in Gen 3, this is 8 by default (Because 8/65535 is 1/8192) but I want to make it higher, maybe 255 or 128, for shiny odds of 1/256 or 1/512 respectively. I've done extensive Google searching but haven't found any thread or tutorial or ANYTHING that says what the offset is of the byte that controls this or says how to find it.

Last edited:
    Back