• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Bad Egg

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • A Bad Egg is a "glitchy" egg that appears in your party or box if you corrupt the wrong data in a Pokemon game through certain means. It's easiest for this to happen when handling glitches in Generation III, such as performing the Battle Tower trainer glitch in R/S or performing the Pomeg Glitch Emerald. Every other generation, Bad Eggs can only appear through the use of cheating.

From what I've heard and seen, Bad Eggs never hatch, and crash the game when they do, or just hatch indefinitely. Getting rid of one is also really hard, also.

Has anyone ever played around with a Bad Egg? I'd hope not.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Has anyone ever played around with a Bad Egg? I'd hope not.

Yes i did, and i lost my male Glalie in Shiny Gold Sigma becuase of that, bad eggs are common in Ashgray romhack but they don't bother me that much if they don't corrupt my data and my pokemon

(i got tiped that they only apear in boxes 3 & 6 so i moved my cauth pokemon in Gen 3 hacks to other boxes)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Accidentally got one when I cheated in 99 Masterballs for a random Fire Red run long ago. Was fun to see my lil ol' Charmander suffer lmao. Also I went from Lv 5 to Lv 77 randomly too so that was a thing.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I know this is about generation 3 games, but since i'm an eeveelution maniac i use cheats to get the female eevee(lution)s on my team in Sacred Gold and keep looking for bad eggs in boxes 3 & 6 but so far nothing found

And for some reason my version keep freezing every 20 minutes of playing so i kept saving and restaring the game all over again (i heard it's becuase of Nintendo DS anti-piracy method and not becuase i'm an n00b when not knowing how to put cheats correctly in that game)

Years
    • Seen today
    Yep. I had a Cradily in my main story team which I lost to a bad egg.

I wanted to take on the Battle Frontier, so I started altering the wild pokemon to make EV training faster. It hurt because I liked my Cradily a lot. But my fault for messing with something I wasn't knowledgeable in.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I think I borrowed my friends action replay once and used it in Diamond, ended up getting a bad egg because I had no idea how to cheat properly lmaoo

Back