• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Just got black 2, can someone send me their key to activate challenger mode?

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2016
    Hi guys, im trying to get back into pokemon, after many years now since the debut of pokemon diamond. so why not start with black 2 to see if I still enjoy it as much as I did many years ago. The reason I didn't start with X/Y or ORAS is because I do not have a 3ds/2ds. So depending on my experience with black 2, I may just jump the ship straight into pokemon sun & moon! so please my friends help me out by sending me your black 2 challenger key, unless..... it cant be done through wifi and it has to be done in person, which in that case is a huge bomber.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeeeeeeeeeah....hate to break it to ya, but it can only be done in person. Even if it could be done over WiFi, WiFi for the DS and Wii was shut down over 2 years ago.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2016
    dang, wow i feel like such a dinosaur now hahahaha, is it worth it without the challenge mode on? I guess i'll have to find that out myself, and if the wifi is down does that mean there is no more trading/battles for ds pokemon games? because if so that's kinda dumb for us dinosaurs lol

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    dang, wow i feel like such a dinosaur now hahahaha, is it worth it without the challenge mode on? I guess i'll have to find that out myself, and if the wifi is down does that mean there is no more trading/battles for ds pokemon games? because if so that's kinda dumb for us dinosaurs lol
    Depends on what you're looking for in the game, but I think it's worth it.

And yeah, no WiFi means no battles and trading with other people (though you can still do those things in person).

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    The Challenge Mode is very much worth it but the decision to lock behind an already completed adventure is idiotic. The game however is made considerably more difficult and I'm absolutely recommend it.

Years
  • You can only trade over keys locally so you'll need someone with a copy of Black 2 (which has the Challenge Mode key) or have two DS systems, so if you don't have either you're out of luck, although I still think Normal Mode does have its fair share of difficulty, the only thing you'll miss out on is the Gym Leaders having additional Pokemon and the Elite Four having held items.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2016
    Thank you everyone for the knowledge you have provided me today! I feel like I'm going to be upgrading soon, now I've got to decide which handheld console I'll end up buying for the release of sun and moon :D

Back