• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny pokemon

Years
  • Hey,

How big is the chance for shiny Pokemon in Sun/Moon when it comes to ally Pokemon? I heard there's a higher chance of getting shinies with ally Pokemon. Also what is the best way of getting shinies?

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • I forget about the chances with Sos chaining.

Though I personally feel like the best way to get a shiny pokemon is hatching one from an egg using the Masuda Method. With egg hatching there's no chance of running away from it or fainting it by accident.

Years
  • I forget about the chances with Sos chaining.

Though I personally feel like the best way to get a shiny pokemon is hatching one from an egg using the Masuda Method. With egg hatching there's no chance of running away from it or fainting it by accident.

True, but isn't that for getting a specific amount of Pokemon shiny?

Years
  • Sadly I have nothing specific for you to watch. There's plenty of videos you can watch on Youtube I think.

Or if you want I can try explaining it here the best I can.

If it isn't a problem you can explain it here or link me to a video which explains it decently well :) But if not then I'll just search later on myself

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • If it isn't a problem you can explain it here or link me to a video which explains it decently well :) But if not then I'll just search later on myself

Thing is I don't have a specific video in mind haha. I would just suggest typing in "Masuda Method Sun and Moon" in Youtube and just going with whatever video sticks out to you the most.

Masuda Method is easy its just the luck that can go bad.

Another thing to search up on if you want to is Swap breeding which can be Super helpful as well.

After seeing how it works asking for one of these will also make things even easier.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=388208

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thing is I don't have a specific video in mind haha. I would just suggest typing in "Masuda Method Sun and Moon" in Youtube and just going with whatever video sticks out to you the most.

Masuda Method is easy its just the luck that can go bad.

Another thing to search up on if you want to is Swap breeding which can be Super helpful as well.

After seeing how it works asking for one of these will also make things even easier.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=388208

I'd only have to get myself a Ditto from a different country I see. Also I need to find the Daycare Center as I don't know where it is (I find Sun/Moon confusing lol)

What do you mean with swap breeding?

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • Akala Island - past Paniola Town.

Swap breeding is like a little trick you can use with Masuda Method. It's hard to explain but there's tutorials for that too.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Hey,

How big is the chance for shiny Pokemon in Sun/Moon when it comes to ally Pokemon? I heard there's a higher chance of getting shinies with ally Pokemon. Also what is the best way of getting shinies?

Sorry to barge in!
    Here is a guide on SOS chaining
    And iirc, your chances for a Shiny is SOS with the Shiny charm are 1/683. Good luck! You can message me if you need help with Shiny Hunting/Breeding :)

Swap breeding is an advanced method of Breeding to find Shinies more quickly. But it doesn't help your actual chances of getting a Shiny. You have the same chances, but it only takes less time to hatch your eggs.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I've honestly tried the Masuda Method with the shiny charm and I've always felt like SOS Chaining was faster for me. :\ I would hatch hundreds of eggs and come up with nothing while encounting a shiny through SOS Chaining can take half that time (if you're lucky, that is).

I guess it really depends, I've had 5 Shinies in under 200 eggs once, while I've done 2 chains of 255 Pok?mon and got no Shinies. It's all about the RNG :c and RNG abusing is easier with breeding than SOS...

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • Masuda Method also helps you better control the stats, movesets, natures, and more of your Pokemon. So, it's pretty exact with the product you get out (although, there's still a lot of RNG).

Honestly, I get pretty burned out by the RNG with either Masuda Method or SOS chaining, but you just have to stay strong and hope for the best! When you do get the shiny you're looking for, it's pretty satisfying.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2017
    Hey,

Not sure of the actual odds but SOS with the shiny charm is the highest odds. SOS is still the highest odds without the shiny charm as well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    At this point i dont even know. I had hatched a shiny zorua after like 300 eggs (i even had the shiny charm) And now here i am without the charm and i randomly encounter a shiny meowth. (The past few hours ive been trying to steal a metal coat from magnemite and ive gotten everything but the metal coat)

Back