Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 30th, 2011 (12:02 AM).
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you go with "LGBT and Friends", or "LGBT and Supporters", those who aren't LGBT won't feel excluded.
    You never know. I personally don't think that it sounds exclusive, but I remember some people who were pansexual and asexual, among others, who felt like they were not being included. But again, I have no problem with that at all; Anything beats the acronym we have right now, haha.

Also, thanks Ineffable!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh yeah, we also need a new question; I feel like the host from "1 girl 5 gays" when I ask my questions because people think I am being a bit risque, but I try to word them carefully, lmao.

Do you desire to date someone who is more masculine/feminine or submissive/dominant than you?
    Also, here is some interesting data about sexual preference of gay men. http://www.nickyee.com/ponder/topbottom.html

I would say that.... yes, I do desire to date someone who is more dominant and masculine than I am. In the link above, only 1 out of 5 gay men surveyed said that they had no preference to dating a person who was more dominant/submissive or masculine/feminine than them. In heterosexual relationship, the majority of females and males almost always prefer to be more submissive or dominant respectively. Therefore, that is a similarity between homosexual and heterosexual relationships. I am just wondering if you guys/gals also prefer a dynamic where one partner is more or less in charge than the other, even if it is just a little bit.

Don't be a rotten apple!
    Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
    !

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 30th, 2011 (12:24 AM).
    Fight Off Your Demons

Nature: Careful
    How about just "Sexuality Equality Alliance"? We could be S.E.A.-men and women!

cwutididthur

When kings upon the main have clung to pride
    And held themselves as masters of the sea
    I've held them down beneath the crushing tide
    Till they have learned that no one masters me
    Old November 30th, 2011 (12:34 AM).
    DAT SNARKITUDE
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Naive
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -ty- View Post
    Do you desire to date someone who is more masculine/feminine or submissive/dominant than you?
    Also, here is some interesting data about sexual preference of gay men. http://www.nickyee.com/ponder/topbottom.html

Actually, no, not at all. This is kind of my biggest thing. It changes depending on my mood but I'm always in some grey area between dominant and submissive, never completely one or the other. I don't care if my partner is more or less feminine than me but I tend to prefer girly girls either way. :3

I'm not a gay man in any sense of the word, and I've never had anal sex (or any sex at all), but on that scale I would say I used to be a 4 but in recent months I usually feel more like a 2 or usually 3, and this is in the sense that I end up not wanting to be either dominant or submissive and rather both be equal.

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
    Fire ~ Field eggs
    3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
    than diamonds. It can trample
    anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
    Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
    Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
    de: Ponita
    fr: Ponyta
    cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old November 30th, 2011 (7:37 AM).
    (>^.(>0.0)>
    • Crystal Tier

I think a simple name would be better... so people actually know what it is.
    Old November 30th, 2011 (8:22 AM).
    • Silver Tier

Okay, I'm going to sound all bitter and cynical by the end of this post, but I don't see what everyone's so moved by from this blog. I thought it was pretty long-winded and didn't say much of anything. Maybe if I were Christian I would find something moving in the way it speaks in lots of religious verbiage. I dunno. If anything I think it's teaching a morally ambiguous lesson: love someone despite their "sins". Not "accept someone who's different" although I can see there's something of that message in there, but it's kind of weakly stated, especially with lines like this mucking things up:

Quote:
    Come on. Don’t we understand? Don’t we get it? To put our arm around someone who is gay, someone who has an addiction, somebody who lives a different lifestyle, someone who is not what we think they should be… doing that has nothing to do with enabling them or accepting what they do as okay by us. It has nothing to do with encouraging them in their practice of what you or I might feel or believe is wrong vs right.
    Now, I know he's trying to be more readable to those religious blockheads filled with hate, but they're going to read something like this and think he's saying "love the sinner, hate the sin" or some such similar garbage. It's an apology piece.

Anyway~ we should be the Queer Club or The Rainbow Connection or something shorter that doesn't specifically list some people and not others (like, no LGBT and Others Not Worth Mentioning clubs, please)
    Old November 30th, 2011 (4:09 PM).
    Suuuper Busy
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
    I love the complicated name we have! Although, S.E.A. Men and Women isn't such a bad name. ;)
    Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
    Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
    Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
    Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
    Times I've ninja'd people: 3
    Old November 30th, 2011 (4:21 PM).
    Conservative Patriot
    • Platinum Tier

S.E.A. sounds too politically motivated, imo. Some people find "Queer" to be an offensive term.
    Old December 1st, 2011 (11:45 AM).
    Suuuper Busy
    • Crystal Tier

Okay then, I also agree with this one.
    Sexual Identity
    Lost
    Underneath
    The
    Sheets
    Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
    Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Old December 1st, 2011 (12:28 PM).
    DAT SNARKITUDE
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Naive
    . . . Guys I'm so confused. I can't tell if anyone is serious about these insane names. xD

#077: Ponyta - The Fire Horse Pokémon
    Fire ~ Field eggs
    3'03" ~ 66.1lbs ~ 50/50

Its hooves are 10 times harder
    than diamonds. It can trample
    anything completely flat in moments.

Abilities: Run Away or Flash Fire or Flame Body
    Moves: Growl, Flame Wheel, Stomp, Agility
    Locations: Pokémon Mansion

Cry

Other names:

jp: ポニータ (Ponyta)
    de: Ponita
    fr: Ponyta
    cn: 小火馬 (Xiǎohuǒmǎ)

Old December 1st, 2011 (9:08 PM).
    Welcome To My Reality
    • Crystal Tier

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
    Okay, I'm going to sound all bitter and cynical by the end of this post, but I don't see what everyone's so moved by from this blog. I thought it was pretty long-winded and didn't say much of anything. Maybe if I were Christian I would find something moving in the way it speaks in lots of religious verbiage. I dunno. If anything I think it's teaching a morally ambiguous lesson: love someone despite their "sins". Not "accept someone who's different" although I can see there's something of that message in there, but it's kind of weakly stated, especially with lines like this mucking things up:

Now, I know he's trying to be more readable to those religious blockheads filled with hate, but they're going to read something like this and think he's saying "love the sinner, hate the sin" or some such similar garbage. It's an apology piece.

Anyway~ we should be the Queer Club or The Rainbow Connection or something shorter that doesn't specifically list some people and not others (like, no LGBT and Others Not Worth Mentioning clubs, please)
    Mm . . . I guess I kinda get what your saying, but well . . . he's saying that you shouldn't hate somebody because you don't agree with who they are, but you should look past that and love the person behind the life-style . . . or something like that, lol. But . . . I guess some people wouldn't get the message, which is sad, really. Somebody could give the most amazing, incredible, moving speech in the world about these things and there would still be people that just don't get the message, or they still have the nerve to think that they're superior.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shining Raichu
    ALSO: In more official business, I'm going to have the name of this club changed because I really, really hate it. Like, with a passion. They will write country music about how much I hate this club name. It's scary, it makes me violent and gives me nightmares. I might have my disdain embroidered on T-shirts next to a very angry-looking Raichu. So I need help coming up with new names for it. I need something that encompasses everybody nicely without it being this overly politically-correct alphabet soup nonsense, and I'm having a little trouble coming up with them by myself lol.

Any ideas?
    Lolololololol xD
    Aw, but I actually memorized the acronym! Well . . . not what it stands for, but I remember the LGBTQIPAAOS part! xD
    Let's go with that R.P.G. - Rainbow Pride Group one, lol.

Um . . . I've never had a boyfriend . . . yet, so I guess I can't say for sure but, um, let's just say when I fantasize (no, it's not all the sexual crap usually, it's actually more often not sexual than it is, lol) I'm usually the submissive one? Lol . . .

Ho gawd . . . it's after midnight, I have school and have to get up at 5 . . . I should probably go now, lol.

Faeries Redux: Beyond the Glass

PC Hearthstone: Come Fite Us, M8

Under Renovations
    Old December 2nd, 2011 (5:21 AM).
    Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    • Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
    If anything I think it's teaching a morally ambiguous lesson: love someone despite their "sins". Not "accept someone who's different" although I can see there's something of that message in there, but it's kind of weakly stated, especially with lines like this mucking things up:

I think this is the point: they're really not. Christians often spout this party line of "love the sinner, hate the sin" when really they hate the "sinner" because of the "sin". Now, you and I and any person with half a brain knows that we are neither sinners nor sinning, but the point is that if the religious blockheads think that now, they're always going to think that and not much is going to change their minds. So if they can at least learn tolerance and learn to actually love the sinner instead of just claiming to, then the world would be far better.

It's not really good enough for me either, to be honest. I'd love nothing more than to smack sense into each and every one of them, but realistically if you can't change their minds, you can at least aim to change their attitudes using the God they claim to follow.

-----------

OK so on the naming front, here are the suggestions:

Rainbow Pride Group
    LGBT and Friends
    LGBT and Supporters
    Sexual Equality Alliance
    (what you did there. I see it.)
    The Queer Club
    The Rainbow Connection

I crossed out the one I'm veto-ing straight away. I want this to be sort of a community decision, but I agree that Queer still has negative connotations (and also it just sounds bad as a word lol)

Personally, I have two favourites so far:

1) Sexual Equality Alliance because I love the whole S.E.A Men and Women thing, I think that's really cute - but at the same time SEA makes us sound like a lobby group rather than a social/discussion group.

2) The Rainbow Connection - it just rolls right off the tongue and is generally awesome and amazing... though I have to wonder whether without listing mentioning something specifically and directly related to LGBT, new members are going to click and find us?

Unless we did something like "The Rainbow Connection [LGBT Club]" - I really like the idea of that. Thoughts?

Also if you have more suggestions keep sending them through lol - though the more I type the more I fall in love with that one
    Old December 2nd, 2011 (5:29 AM).
    Suuuper Busy
    • Crystal Tier

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ineffable~ View Post
    . . . Guys I'm so confused. I can't tell if anyone is serious about these insane names. xD
    I am.

I like The Rainbow Connection and the puns. :3 Hehe, semen, hehehe, ****s.
    Also I still love our really long name.

Old December 2nd, 2011 (6:59 AM).
    Swords Master

Nature: Lonely
      In relation to the club's name, I really like The Rainbow Connection, however if we end up being S.E.A men and women there will be no complaint on my part.

Do you desire to date someone who is more masculine/feminine
      or submissive/dominant than you?

I prefer if they are more femminine. I know that sounds rather shallow but I exclusively like girls so I want to feel like I'm actually dating a girl (obvious statement is obvious).

Old December 2nd, 2011 (7:05 AM). Edited December 2nd, 2011 by -Jared-.
      Certified Responsible Adult
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
      Gah I need to post here more. :P

In relation to the clubs title, I prefer Rainbow Connection [LGBT Club] to the others, but S.E.A Men and Women is my second choice. :]

Do you desire to date someone who is more masculine/feminine?

Personally, I would rather date a more masculine guy, as that is what is attractive to me. :P But I wouldn't like, refuse to date an effeminate man, it's just that if I had a choice, I would most likely go with the masculine guy. xD

EDIT: Gah, I just realized that sounds bad, lol. I don't mean I would only date effeminate guys if I was forced to, I just mean, like, masculine guys are just more my type, I suppose. xD -is trying really hard to to offend anyone- xD
      Old December 2nd, 2011 (11:31 AM).
      • Silver Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
      I think this is the point: they're really not. Christians often spout this party line of "love the sinner, hate the sin" when really they hate the "sinner" because of the "sin". Now, you and I and any person with half a brain knows that we are neither sinners nor sinning, but the point is that if the religious blockheads think that now, they're always going to think that and not much is going to change their minds. So if they can at least learn tolerance and learn to actually love the sinner instead of just claiming to, then the world would be far better.

It's not really good enough for me either, to be honest. I'd love nothing more than to smack sense into each and every one of them, but realistically if you can't change their minds, you can at least aim to change their attitudes using the God they claim to follow.
      I know that it's pragmatic to do things that way too. I just... hate having to give in like that. I hate the feeling that I'd be justifying their views and in some way caving to them.

Also, if we end up with the word 'pride' in our new name it should totally stand for something like "People Respecting Individual Differences and Equality." And would something like "Diversity Club" fly? It's not that specific, but it's short and still appropriate, I think.
      Old December 2nd, 2011 (12:15 PM).
      (>^.(>0.0)>
      • Crystal Tier

Dude, we gotta go with Rainbow Pride Group. RPGs are the best. lol

Definitely not sea.
      Old December 2nd, 2011 (12:41 PM). Edited December 2nd, 2011 by Alakazam17.
      Hei minun ystäväni!
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
      I haven't been here in ages. In fact, I see I was one of the first people to join this place way back when Glad to see it's still going strong!

Interesting question, as I don't usually think about it with those terms all that often. However, I'm definitely more interested in masculine guys, though I wouldn't shut a guy down just for being more effeminate.

And on the topic of acronyms...how about U.G.I.S.H., aka Union of Gender Identities and Sexualities in Humans.
      Old December 2nd, 2011 (1:32 PM).
      (>^.(>0.0)>
      • Crystal Tier

Well, in looks, I would want them to be more feminine, but in personality I'd want them to be masculine. That applies for both genders.
      Old December 2nd, 2011 (2:16 PM).
      Conservative Patriot
      • Platinum Tier

People Respecting Individual Differences and Equality sounds too politically motivated and biased, imo.

Rainbow Pride kind of leaves out the non-LGBT members. Maybe add "and Friends" or "and Supporters" so they don't feel excluded.

Here's a novel idea: Let's just keep the name the way it is now.
      Old December 2nd, 2011 (6:46 PM). Edited December 2nd, 2011 by Shining Raichu.
      • Platinum Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Pikapal642 View Post

Personally, I would rather date a more masculine guy, as that is what is attractive to me. But I wouldn't like, refuse to date an effeminate man, it's just that if I had a choice, I would most likely go with the masculine guy. xD

EDIT: Gah, I just realized that sounds bad, lol. I don't mean I would only date effeminate guys if I was forced to, I just mean, like, masculine guys are just more my type, I suppose. xD -is trying really hard to to offend anyone- xD
      It doesn't sound bad at all. There's no need to apologise lol, the whole point of this place is that you don't have to be sorry for who you're attracted to. If masculine guys are your thing, then they're your thing!

As it happens, they're also mine. I'm not really attracted to effeminate men, that's just how it is. But having said that, I also wouldn't want an overly-masculine guy either. I'd like someone who is more or less equal to my level of masculinity. I consider myself masculine, but in a sort of refined way lol - that's the sort of guy I'd like.

----

As for naming, I'm kind of trying to get away from the whole acronym genre at the moment, we just need something simple and unpolitical that represents us. At the moment The Rainbow Connection and Rainbow Pride Group are the two stand-outs, but I'm not sure I like the word 'pride'.

"Gay pride" has always rubbed me the wrong way. I like being gay and I'm more than happy to be gay, and I will defend that to the death, but to be 'proud' implies that being gay is something I've accomplished, and it's not. It's like saying "I'm proud to be white" or "I'm proud to be left-handed" - it's not something I had any measure of control over, so why be proud of it?

Quote:
      Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
      Here's a novel idea: Let's just keep the name the way it is now.
      No.
      Old December 2nd, 2011 (7:12 PM).
      Certified Responsible Adult
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
      Quote:
      It doesn't sound bad at all. There's no need to apologise lol, the whole point of this place is that you don't have to be sorry for who you're attracted to. If masculine guys are your thing, then they're your thing!

As it happens, they're also mine. I'm not really attracted to effeminate men, that's just how it is. But having said that, I also wouldn't want an overly-masculine guy either. I'd like someone who is more or less equal to my level of masculinity. I consider myself masculine, but in a sort of refined way lol - that's the sort of guy I'd like.

----

As for naming, I'm kind of trying to get away from the whole acronym genre at the moment, we just need something simple and unpolitical that represents us. At the moment The Rainbow Connection and Rainbow Pride Group are the two stand-outs, but I'm not sure I like the word 'pride'.

"Gay pride" has always rubbed me the wrong way. I like being gay and I'm more than happy to be gay, and I will defend that to the death, but to be 'proud' implies that being gay is something I've accomplished, and it's not. It's like saying "I'm proud to be white" or "I'm proud to be left-handed" - it's not something I had any measure of control over, so why be proud of it?

No.
      Leave it to you to take what I say and say it better. xD

Anyways, about "Gay Pride" I think it could be more along the lines of gay people proclaiming that they are unashamed to be gay, so they equate "unashamed" with "proud." So yeah, I am unashamed to be gay, because there is nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm being purely semantic here, but that could be it. :P I can't think of a better word, however...
      Old December 3rd, 2011 (4:43 AM).
      the fairy type gymleader

I need some help in a situation I find myself.

So basically about three months or so ago, I was in Philosophy and was passing notes with a male friend of mine. It got dirty (yes yes I know...) but basically this friend offered me...the three lettered word. Now I'm gay but I asked what he was, and he replied that he just wanted three lettered word (I said no to anything).

Fastfoward to three days ago and my school's Community Action was holding a Christmas party for nursing homes and everybody was dancing and I asked this same friend to dance and he replied, "No, because that would be gay."

I kind of feel like he might be confused about his sexuality, and / or denying it because he has had previous sexual adventures, but only with other men.
        Old December 3rd, 2011 (4:50 AM).
        • Platinum Tier

I might be really really dense here, but I can't for the life of me figure out what this 3-letter word is :/ - if it's not something you're comfortable saying in the thread, post-comment it to me lol

Anyway, I would say he is having his own issues with his sexuality that he needs to come to terms with. I'd just leave it alone for now. The only other option I could think of is that he was a bully, trolling you... though if you consider him a friend then that probably wasn't it. It is curious though - you should keep the notes and show him if he tries to deny what he said to you.
        Old December 3rd, 2011 (6:48 AM).
        Playhouse Pokemon
        • Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
        3 letter word... ?
        Pie?

in all serious, I think we should change the club name to the funniest acronym we can make.

Lively
        Original
        Village
        Elders
        Making
        Use
        For
        Flotilla
        In
        New
        Sexualities

well, I tried my best
        Old December 3rd, 2011 (11:31 AM). Edited December 3rd, 2011 by Alice.
        (>^.(>0.0)>
        • Crystal Tier

Quote:
        I might be really really dense here, but I can't for the life of me figure out what this 3-letter word is :/ - if it's not something you're comfortable saying in the thread, post-comment it to me lol

Anyway, I would say he is having his own issues with his sexuality that he needs to come to terms with. I'd just leave it alone for now. The only other option I could think of is that he was a bully, trolling you... though if you consider him a friend then that probably wasn't it. It is curious though - you should keep the notes and show him if he tries to deny what he said to you.
        SEX
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Impo View Post
        3 letter word... ?
        Pie?

in all serious, I think we should change the club name to the funniest acronym we can make.

Lively
        Original
        Village
        Elders
        Making
        Use
        For
        Flotilla
        In
        New
        Sexualities

well, I tried my best
        Haha, lovemuffins would be an awesome name. I don't think we have any village elders around here though.

Really
        Awesome
        Individuals
        Chilling
        with
        Happy
        Undead

Or maybe.

Queers
        Using
        Infinite
        Lucky
        Axes
        Viciously
        Always

Lol, okay, but seriously, I still say something simple like gsa, or lgbt club would be best.

Quick Reply