• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sensitivity

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
One thing I've mentioned is that I'm extremely sensitive. Even the slightest negative thing flung towards me hurts. My self esteem has improved dramatically these past few months, but that flaw is still present. Both in real life and on the forums, I am terrified of making people angry or upset.

I think sensitivity in moderation is okay, but the amount I have makes it harder to go out and socialize. What do you think I should do?

Years
Sensitivity in and of itself isn't a bad thing. I think there's strength in being open to your own emotions.

As for making people angry or upset. I think you shouldn't have to walk on eggshells all the time. You have a responsibility to not seek out to upset people, but if you're doing that then you've met your obligation. You don't have to censor yourself all the time because you have just as much right to share your thoughts as everyone else.

If you do offend someone, you can apologise with sincerity because it was never your intent to be offensive. The onus is on them to accept that or not and if they refuse to accept a genuine apology given enough time, then they're the ones that need to re-examine themselves.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I'm very similar, and I can tell you it's an ongoing process. My advice is to pay attention to the way you say something. That can change the impression of your words significantly. I also hedge something when I know it'll sound rude. "I'm not saying this to offend you or be rude."

Reactions: Nah

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
One thing I've mentioned is that I'm extremely sensitive. Even the slightest negative thing flung towards me hurts. My self esteem has improved dramatically these past few months, but that flaw is still present. Both in real life and on the forums, I am terrified of making people angry or upset.

I think sensitivity in moderation is okay, but the amount I have makes it harder to go out and socialize. What do you think I should do?

I've also been over sensitive for MANY YEARS! :O Sometimes, i'm still over sensitive. I hear ya pal. Its hard.

But one thing I find helps, is find something you really love in life :3 Like for me that thing was Korrina. My crush on her has helped me become A LOT less over sensitive about things. Maybe you should follow my example, and find that something that makes you feel more mentally tough. I hope that helped!

And, its not bad to be a little sensitive. Over sensitive can be a drag, but a certain about of sensitiveness shows you care about others and are in tune with them ;) Just don't take it to a scary extreme....it'll worry those who care for you and make you unhappy. But caring about others is more healthy than not caring about them. Having balance is key :3

Last edited:
Back