• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BW Styled Pokedex Entry[v17.2]

Years
  • BW Styled Pokedex Entry Script​
    For v 17+​

This Script adds a BW Styled Pokedex Entry to the Game.
    It includes 2 styles, The BW One and the BW2 one.
    To use, Paste the Script given below above main and the graphics in the main folder.
    WARNING- This script uses a new townmap present in Pictures/Townmap, nothing has changed much.Copy your map over the default map in your image manip program, so that it is properly formatted!
    USEBW2SCENE is used to switch between the BW2 style(when true) and Default BW Style(when False)
    USEEBS is used for whether your game has EBS or not
    POKEMONSPRITESCALE can be deleted if you have EBS.
    Credits
    Graphics -Xtreme1992(spriters resource) and Edited my me
    Scrpts - LackDeJurane, Kleinstudio, adn Luka S.J.

Spoiler:
    View attachment PokedexEntry.zip

Last edited:
    Years
  • Great work! Everything works apart from the species location area:

is what I get. I playested my Town Map to see if it was me who durped, but nope. It appears that they were shifted some x and y as my other pokemon appear to be shifted equally.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Great script, but one problem that I'm having is being unable to exit from viewing the Pokemon's forms.

Last edited:

LuxDiablo

LuxDiablo
    Years
  • Hi! I'm getting the following error when installing your script:

[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: NoMethodError

MarinUtilities:1140:in `p_err'

MarinUtilities:1138:in `map'

MarinUtilities:1138:in `p_err'

MarinUtilities:1176:in `main'

Main:48:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:26:in `mainFunction'

Main:26:in `pbCriticalCode'

Main:58

Main:57:in `loop'

do you know what the issue is? thanks!

Years
  • Hi! I'm getting the following error when installing your script:

[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: NoMethodError

MarinUtilities:1140:in `p_err'

MarinUtilities:1138:in `map'

MarinUtilities:1138:in `p_err'

MarinUtilities:1176:in `main'

Main:48:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:26:in `pbCriticalCode'

Main:58

Main:57:in `loop'

do you know what the issue is? thanks!

It's probably Marin's Utilities which is causing the problem, I never had some error like this before. Sorry but this is not compatible with Marin's Utilities, they cause problems for other resources too, idk why

Last edited:

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
  • Great work! Everything works apart from the species location area:

is what I get. I playested my Town Map to see if it was me who durped, but nope. It appears that they were shifted some x and y as my other pokemon appear to be shifted equally.

I think I know a solution for the location map. For the location area, you can just find and edit these lines of code below to messes around with the x and y positions of the "areahighlight" sprite until you are satisfied.
    Spoiler:

I am not sure if this would work for everyone else, but here is my edited lines of the code above (you can just replace the piece of code above with my edited one below).
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I think I know a solution for the location map. For the location area, you can just find and edit these lines of code below to messes around with the x and y positions of the "areahighlight" sprite until you are satisfied.
    Spoiler:

I am not sure if this would work for everyone else, but here is my edited lines of the code above (you can just replace the piece of code above with my edited one below).
    Spoiler:

we chatted on discord turns our I did durp. I didn't format the map like how you reformatted the default essentials maps and somehow everything managed to work. Good to note "WARNING- This script uses a new townmap present in Pictures/Townmap, nothing has changed much you can add your map in!" was a little misleading. I read it as "just plop your map in the folder and rename to existing" when it meant "copy your map over the default map in your image manip program, so that it is properly formatted".

Years
  • we chatted on discord turns our I did durp. I didn't format the map like how you reformatted the default essentials maps and somehow everything managed to work. Good to note "WARNING- This script uses a new townmap present in Pictures/Townmap, nothing has changed much you can add your map in!" was a little misleading. I read it as "just plop your map in the folder and rename to existing" when it meant "copy your map over the default map in your image manip program, so that it is properly formatted".

Copied what you said here to the main post, lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    Is there a way to force the registration screen to appear, when do you catch a pokemon? I could use it so that when they give you the starter, the screen jumps.

Thank you

Years
  • Is there a way to force the registration screen to appear, when do you catch a pokemon? I could use it so that when they give you the starter, the screen jumps.

Thank you

Code:
      def pbDexEntry(species)
        @scene.pbNewDexEntryScene(species)
        @scene.pbCentralDexEntryScene 
        @scene.pbEndScene
      end  
    end

pbDexEntry(species) does that, replace the 'species' with the pokemon you want

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    Code:
      def pbDexEntry(species)
        @scene.pbNewDexEntryScene(species)
        @scene.pbCentralDexEntryScene 
        @scene.pbEndScene
      end  
    end

pbDexEntry(species) does that, replace the 'species' with the pokemon you want

Code:
    pbDexEntry(:BULBASAUR)
    makes me get an error. I don't understand what you mean, also try
    Code:
    pbDexEntry(1)
    And also the error comes out.

Back