• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed)

King!

better
Years
  • ._____________________________________________.

only...pure....fairies? </3

Oh well, guess I got to change it up again. xD It's a good thing this is all getting out before we started, or else I'd lose. :P Hmmm... If it helps, I can try to think up some more quests. ^_^

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    I'm in the same boat as Bowser, holiday on the 17th and I may or may not have internet access in the places I go (its a cruise so I will be somewhere different every day). I will take my game and have notes to update whenever I can! I think we are on 18 challengers so 2 spaces left people!

First 10 to cross the line gets 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 points respectively (like formula 1) and then the next round can be set up!

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2022
    You seen how this tournament works, and with no one able to get clocks that easily they will only be 2-2.5 hours a head of you really. If you have a hard copy if there was a way for you to write down everything you've achieved and submit it somehow (text message maybe idk) it would still count since you have an excuse

Awesome you get fall as your season

Uh Well I guess i could, because i am using a hard copy (:D) but uh Well i guess i could play some in the car, because my parents said not to play video games once im there :S so i'll get an update for the first day :) But still except me to troll....

*looks at jdthebud*

Your not winning twice!

hehehehhehe

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years
  • I have a suggestion: The Zigzagoon clause - every player can use only 1 (in words: ONE) Zigzagoon as their HM slave (btw, how many hm slaves are allowed? xD) because if every1 gets 5 zigzagoons in the beginning, som1 could be lucky and get lots of rare candies and that certain som1 would be overleveled (pickup in 3rd gen is pretty awesome)

Years
  • I'm signing up with Ruby!

Your season is spring

I'm in the same boat as Bowser, holiday on the 17th and I may or may not have internet access in the places I go (its a cruise so I will be somewhere different every day). I will take my game and have notes to update whenever I can! I think we are on 18 challengers so 2 spaces left people!

First 10 to cross the line gets 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 points respectively (like formula 1) and then the next round can be set up!

If you guys have text messaging you can phone your points in, but you both are also trusting enough, as we seen from the last competition, to give me whatever points you come up with when you get back.

I have a suggestion: The Zigzagoon clause - every player can use only 1 (in words: ONE) Zigzagoon as their HM slave (btw, how many hm slaves are allowed? xD) because if every1 gets 5 zigzagoons in the beginning, som1 could be lucky and get lots of rare candies and that certain som1 would be overleveled (pickup in 3rd gen is pretty awesome)

HM slaves are allowed as long as they aren't used to fight, and I already made a clause about Pick Up'd items not counting towards points

Also as Dungeon Master I shouldn't be biased

but

everyone go after JD

His a horrible person

Years
  • I'm signing up with Ruby!

I have a suggestion: The Zigzagoon clause - every player can use only 1 (in words: ONE) Zigzagoon as their HM slave (btw, how many hm slaves are allowed? xD) because if every1 gets 5 zigzagoons in the beginning, som1 could be lucky and get lots of rare candies and that certain som1 would be overleveled (pickup in 3rd gen is pretty awesome)

got the quests underway yet laure?

Catch 3 Surskits and Nuzelocke style grind with them, no help from your party Pokemon, until you got a lv. 15 one, lv. 10 one, lv. 5 one.

:D

King!

better
    Years
  • If we had to do that, I would cry myself to sleep. Dx we aren't...really...?

Speaking of Surskit though, I LOOOOVE them, but I never play Ruby or Sapphire, and they aren't in Emerald. Unfortunately, I ended up with stupid Winter...nyeh... T^T Still, catching at least one Surskit would be a nice challenge. Ralts will be hard too, but I neeeeed it. ;.; ugh.

Years
  • If we had to do that, I would cry myself to sleep. Dx we aren't...really...?

Speaking of Surskit though, I LOOOOVE them, but I never play Ruby or Sapphire, and they aren't in Emerald. Unfortunately, I ended up with stupid Winter...nyeh... T^T Still, catching at least one Surskit would be a nice challenge. Ralts will be hard too, but I neeeeed it. ;.; ugh.

Okay how about Nuzelocke one Surskit to level 15 :p solo style, of course you can't use it against trainers, unless it corresponds to your season. All non-season Pokemon must be grinded against wild pokes.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • i think that just catching it would be a good quest, since it takes a while to find (think 15 minutes), and if it's worth 30+ points or something, it may be worth it, or not, depending on your view. Grinding it to L15 would take at least two sessions probably, which takes away from the idea that these are side quests that (in my mind) should be able to be completed in a day, while preventing major forward progress.

For example, the New Mauville quest is worthwhile in itself since you get a Thunderbolt TM out of it, but for those players who won't use the TM, doing the quest without Repels or something would be worthwhile since they get points, but it takes some time to do it.

That's my take on what the goal of quests should be - they shouldn't take longer than 1+ sessions if you are slow, while preventing major forward progress in the game.

By the way, if you end up using the Surskit idea (L12 might be good), make sure that they have to do it before reaching Dewford Town.

also, Laure, delete the space before your name under the Competitors, and add some more blank lines at the end. it's not lining up since there is an odd number of competitors.

Last edited:
    Years
  • i think that just catching it would be a good quest, since it takes a while to find (think 15 minutes), and if it's worth 30+ points or something, it may be worth it, or not, depending on your view. Grinding it to L15 would take at least two sessions probably, which takes away from the idea that these are side quests that (in my mind) should be able to be completed in a day, while preventing major forward progress.

For example, the New Mauville quest is worthwhile in itself since you get a Thunderbolt TM out of it, but for those players who won't use the TM, doing the quest without Repels or something would be worthwhile since they get points, but it takes some time to do it.

That's my take on what the goal of quests should be - they shouldn't take longer than 1+ sessions if you are slow, while preventing major forward progress in the game.

By the way, if you end up using the Surskit idea (L12 might be good), make sure that they have to do it before reaching Dewford Town.

also, Laure, delete the space before your name under the Competitors. it's not lining up for some reason...

I'm just trying to avoid everybody catching a Surskit (if that were the quest) and then since only one person wins the prize there being an argument over who completed it first and people being mad at they wasted their time when they didn't have to because maybe I didn't edit the OP fast enough

but the lv. 12 thing might be good or maybe just catch more than one since if I remember right they were super rare

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I'm just trying to avoid everybody catching a Surskit (if that were the quest) and then since only one person wins the prize there being an argument over who completed it first and people being mad at they wasted their time when they didn't have to because maybe I didn't edit the OP fast enough

but the lv. 12 thing might be good or maybe just catch more than one since if I remember right they were super rare
    Oh, only one person gets the prize? I'm not sure that's realistic with 17 people playing, all at different times. just make it so anyone can get it, but pick stuff that would take a long time, like grinding Surskit, or catching two of em. they are a 1% encounter rate, you know. I think that's a good idea, because it makes it fair for everyone, since those people who can use Masquerian (like me with Summer) would be able to just bait and switch.

Yeah, I never thought that the quests would only have one winner, that's kind of lame, especially when people will be at different stages of the game and may not be able to Fly/Surf/Dive to wherever you need to do the quest. Since the Clock is a lottery item, this will allow for more points to be earned in a single session, at the expense of time.

So here is a compilation of what I've read so far as decent quest ideas:

Spoiler:

I'm not sure about point values/prizes. I'll let you come up with those, Laure. I also think that the quests should have space in between them, so completing two in one session should be really difficult unless you get really lucky.

If you want the reward to be just points, have them be goals, and quests should bequeath treasure, which should include points sometimes, but not always. and the more difficult the quest, the greater the chance of receiving a rare item.

Years
  • I definitley like the idea of having to do contest and such
    and I was going to have more than one quest up at a time so there will be more choices for people. The quest prizes are really too great for everyone to have a crack at it

It's basically a treasure chest that will probably compromise of a couple of shop items, couple of lottery items, some points, and an alchemy item

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • The regi was like unlocking there caves not getting them. You know how you have to go through the currents and such.. That part..

Edit: Just remembered how bad dark pokemon are in Gen III because of Dark being special while almost all the dark types are physical attacks! *cries*

Last edited:
    Years
  • Phew made some changes to the OP

One more day of planning so if anyone has suggestions, complaints, add-ons suggest them now.

I added a couple more alchemy items, the Joltik has been added to exclusive items, JD and Jespoke's lists have been added, and rule change stating that the alchemy shop may only be accessed once a day.

Quests have been added let me know what you think

Last thing I really need to do is go through the Game FAQ and add places that need cleared to the points table.

King!

better
    Years
  • Oooh, the OP looks nice. :3 Good work.

Just to clear this last thing up: if we train and use a Pokemon for a while because it is required, can we still replace it with another after a while? Like, If I needed four Pokemon so I grabbed a fourth to use until I could get osmething to replace it AFTER the fourth gym? Or once I use it, it's stuck?

Years
  • @King As long as your Pokemon comply with your assigned season, they meet the level requirments, and you have the correct number needed at the time you nay rearrange it and do as you wish.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I think the last two alchemy items are a bit too extreme... :/

And i would like to change my game to Sapphire. I tested my ruby for tomorow, and saw i had used it for some hacking :/

Back