• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shaking it!

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
  • So do you think shaking( or rustling) grass and the others( bubble spots, swirling dust and flying pokemon spots returning in these games?

Scince they returned shaking grass in the route before parfum palace and flying spots were in victory road, i think they might return in oras.

Do you? What do you think?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Well I for one want to see the features come back in Hoenn. Although they are annoying sometimes, it would make Hoenn a much more naturally diverse region with real wild Pokemon :)

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I would be very fun to have it back. It didn't bother me at all in BWW2 and it felt missing in XY, I guess. And it would be funny to have Tropius randomly pop out of some rustling grass. :P

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I haven't experienced these "wild Pokemon phenomena" firsthand, but Hoenn seems like a natural fit due to its wild variety of Pokemon (even with the influx of Water-type Pokemon). There's a lot of unique Flyers like Swablu and Tropius, too, so I would think that they would work well in the "flying Pokemon" spots.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • It'd be cool to see a group of trees broken by a shaking one with fruit, and if you're within its line of sight, you get trampled by a Tropius. It'd be similar to how Durant shot out of bushes in X/Y if the bush was shaking. Flying spots would work on the route adjacent to Fallarbor with the entrance to Meteor Falls, and maybe lilypads can be available on ponds and if a Lombre/Lotad is hiding there, it'll shake from underneath you if you try to walk on it, or shake in general if you're surfing and a Pokemon attacks.

Years
  • The rustling grass should definitely make a return. There's a lot Game Freak can do with the extraordinarily diverse environment that Hoenn is home to. Dry, hot mountains, wet, marsh-like forests, and beautiful coastal cities. They all make for opportunities to customize pokemon encounters. Beautiflies could swoop down from the canopy near Fortree, and Mawile could jump into view from the shadows in the Dewford Cave.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    The rustling grass is a good way to eat Audino for breakfast add rare Pokémon and stronger versions of wild Pokémon imo. The Safari Zone could especially benefit from these as they would add to their already vast variety of wild Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I definitely see this returning. It's a very unique feature and adds more realism into the game, so why not? The more realistic it is, the better. :] One thing they could do this time is also add Pokémon near waterfalls; if there is one, I could see them add some kind of dark blue spot, signifying that something's behind the particular waterfall and could start attacking if you start climbing.

Back