• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Breeding Pokémon

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    From Generation II onward, Pokémon can be bred by leaving two compatible Pokémon at the Pokémon Day Care. The Day Care can be found along Route 34 before you arrive in Goldenrod City. If an Egg was produced, the Day-Care Man will move from his default position so that the player can know he has an Egg.

What did you think of the newly introduced concept? Did you ever try your hand at breeding back then? Breed any shinies?

Years
  • I never did, there really was no point unless you wanted to fill the pokedex. There was no competitive battles and shiny odds are too little.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I never did it, because I had anyone to trade with for the pokedex completion anyway so that never interested me before.

Now, I do :D
    (For Dex completion)

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • I used it to breed Ditto and Eevee to get more Eevee. Once I left a Togepi there and forgot about it for a long time. When I found it there was a large bill to retrieve it.

Back