• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Nope, it's the silver one; it's just that the lighting/white point don't get along.

All my GBA shinies are in my sig banner, BTW:
Linoone♀ (Omega)
Modest, Found on Route 121 (as L28 Linoone).

Jumpluff♀ (Fluffy)
Serious, Found at Memorial Pillar (as L12 Hoppip).

Exploud♀ (Bellow)
Naughty, Found in Rusturf Tunnel (as L6? Whismur).

Porygon2 (Shinnix)
Bold, Found in Celadon City (as L26 Porygon).

Hoppip♂ (Mr. Fluffy)
Bold, Found at Memorial Pillar (as L8 Hoppip).

I'd post pictures of the others, but they're fairly common and I don't want to have to be bothered.

Years
I saved in front of the counter with my 9999 coins (got without buying any but the first 500 BTW), and then kept resetting, trying to get a shiny. I'd stop and come back, and mainly reset while riding busses to the university, since there's not much else you can do in a Fire Red game there. It took me roughly 2000 resets in total, which is based on 40 resets per bus ride (20min. ride, 2 resets/min.)

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
Years
Jeebus you got alot of patience. And thats AFTER you earnt 9999 coins at the slots. I find the easiest way to look is to EV train on a poke that you want the shiny of. Obviously you cant do it for Pory and stuff but like my Cubone. I got that when EV training a Houndoor in Lavender Tower. But ironically I was wanting Gastlys not Cubones lol.

Years
The coins weren't so hard considering every 5th turn or so was a 300...

One guy on SPPf had done around 8000 resets for shiny Rayquaza... o.o

It actually takes, on average, 5678 encounters to find a shiny (actual number, ln(1-50%)/ln(8191/8192), not just 4 consecutive digits. :P)

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
Years
Do they still have the slot machine with better odds tahn the others? I thought you had to restart the game completely to get another at a shiny legend. Ive always been rolling in dough (thank you Elite 4 close to 100 times + Amulet Coin) so I just buy coins. Maybe Ill have a go at a shiny Pory or somethin' tonite.

Years
I would assume so. I never changed which machine I used when I found I was having that much success, though.
The lesson I learned was that resetting for a shiny is possible; just don't drive yourself nuts over it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
shiny hunting drives people nuts. why else would there be a club about it? clubs are for psychos like me... *flips out and stabs SGM*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
ahh... you're so lucky. i'm so stressed over all sorts of things right now. it's not like me at all. as soon as SATs are over and i get out of my 3 hour detention on friday, i'm going to play pokemon... or maybe tetris.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
you're kidding right? that's crazy... how long did that take you? ah! good news! i sweet talked my way out of detention on friday! i've got skills!

DARK MIGHTY LATIAS

eliminater of good and evil...
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
So wait...U have a shiny Gengar!!! I luv Gengars but a shiny 1...from a Haunter or a Gastly...That has to be hard to search for a shiny Gengar...

Well I do Take my GBA SP to School sometimes to search for shinies...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
ya, shiny gengar owns. i don't like how gengar's purple, but the original art for him was dark gray. so i decided not to train one unless i got a shiny.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
Years
Someone console me. :( Last night I was in Safari Zone and I encountered a shiny Rhyhorn. I got to throw 2 pokeballs b4 it ran. :( But to soften the blow slightly I did get another Chansey.

And also, I have the pic of my Cubone. I just cant figure out how to add it into a post. Lil' help plz?

Years
I've been there. I found a shiny Lairon in Sapphire, but he roared the very first turn.
I've carried Cradily on hand ever since but it's of no use...

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
Years
When I went I has shiney hunting in the back of my mind but I was really after Chansey and co. (the rare Safari pokes), but the suckiest thing about Safari Zone is you cant sleep or disable em in any way. That Rhydon looked cool too. Bronze coloured he was. And again, does anyone kno how to get pics into a post?

Back