• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Best place to start!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Best place to start!

Aspertia and Nuvema are nice... but they're so far from all the crazy action. Let's say you had the power to change the starting city/town to something else? What about Castelia, the fan favourite? Where would be the best location to start in story-wise? How would that change the overall plot?

Discuss what the coolest starting city would be. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I actually think starting Nacrene City would be a cool place to start, we could go back towards Nuvema Town to catch some low level Pokemon and view the first team Plasma rallies take on the gym then push on back to Nacrene to take on Lenora.

Years
  • I would love to start in Virbank City since it's one of my most favorite cities in gen 5 and i like the general look of the B2 version of it I also would like to start with a koffing at the start of my adventure instead of the regular starters.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Nimbasa City! I would of been so easy too; like a very big campaign can go on where new trainers receive their starter pokemon, an they'll be able to start on their journey. Nimbasa could of also gave a great light show signalling the start of the journey, as well as some entertainment in general. ^^

Maybe Opelucid city too,because starting from a Dragon-cultured City is nice, and maybe we could work backwards! That would of been interesting~

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm going to say Lentimas Town would be a great alternate place to start. It doesn't really serve much of a purpose besides opening up the new region locations in B2W2, so if the player began their journey there, it could increase its importance. Because there's an airport there, the player can pick their starter, battle with their rivals, and then get called to either Mistralton and have the entire route of the game altered, or they could add a runway to Lacunosa Town and take the player there to begin their journey in the established fashion.

Back