• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Create your own Gen1 rumor

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • I've actually done a few of these already! Most of them are based on the ridiculous requirements of old rumors.

Catching Ancient Mew
    how_to_catch_ancient_mew_in_pokemon_red_and_blue_by_karite_kita_neko-d5vs4v9.png

Spoiler:

Secret Espeon Prototype, Solareon
    solareon_in_pokemon_red_blue_by_icycatelf-dbzm2ze.gif

Spoiler:

Secret Pokémon, Fairicity
    d89jao2-a3cd89e5-aa29-4703-a53d-a807ca8c6b75.gif

Spoiler:

Battle Imakuni? (Japan-only)
    imakuni__wants_to_battle__by_karite_kita_neko.png

Spoiler:

I've also done my own versions of some pre-existing rumors, but I'm leaving those out.

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

To get to the grass on the sides of Route 1, you need to:
    *Have a Pokémon that knows Explosion (SelfDestruct is not sufficient).
    *Traverse the grass at the edge (next to the trees and stumps) of the accessible area of Route 1 on the right side until you encounter a wild Pokémon.
    *In that wild battle, make sure the aforementioned Pokémon that knows Explosion (e.g. Geodude/Graveler/Golem or Voltorb/Electrode) uses said move. This will cause both your Pokémon and the wild Pokémon to faint.
    *After the battle is over, you should see an opening in the edge of the route, allowing you to access the grass on the other side. In it, you will find some rare Pokémon, including third-stage evolutions and others not normally found in the wild. After all, the grass is greener on the other side!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

withheld

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    Tell me what you think of my creativity...

1. Ultrachu
    -What it is: Raichu's evolved form.
    -Avatar: It's way fatter than Raichu (about as fat as Blastoise at Red/Blue), has
    long whiskers and is surrounded by sparks. At Gameboy Color, its skin is red.
    -Type: Electric.
    -Pokedex description: This pokemon can store in its cheeks enough electricity to
    supply the whole Los Angeles for 14 years.
    -How to catch it: Remember the guy at Cinnabar's lab that gives you an Electrode
    for a Raichu, then says the Raichu ''went and evolved''? Well, box all your pokemon
    except that Electrode. Beat Pokemon League 288 times, having only that Electrode
    in your team. Go and talk to that guy. He'll say: ''Wow, my Electrode has got an
    impressive winning streak at Pokemon League. I want it back. Will you return it to
    me?''. Answer yes and you will get your old Raichu (which is now evolved into
    Ultrachu) through the trade.

2. Krakenium
    -What it is: A marine Pokegod.
    -Avatar: It looks like Kraken, but has spooky eyes. I think its color was brown.
    -Type: Water/psychic.
    -Pokedex description: It can control the seven seas just with the power of its
    mind. It is rumored that it was the creature that sank Lost Atlantis.
    -How to catch it: After SS Anne leaves, make sure to talk to the guy that says
    ''she'll be back in one year''. After 1 year passes in game's real time (aka 8760
    hours of game), go and talk to the sailor that guarded the ship (you have to
    talk to him at most 5 seconds after one year of game time is complete, or the
    cheat will fail). He'll say: ''Good timing. The ship just came back''. Ride SS
    Anne. Wander through the ship for a while, until the screen changes and shows
    the ship crash on an iceburg. You can wander through the ship, talk to the
    passengers and they will all be like: ''Oh, no, we're sinking, we're gonna die''.
    However, they will remain at their positions, just like all NPCs! Anyway, go to
    the deck, ride one of the lifeboats (you'll be the only one who rode it) and it
    will start descending towards the water. When it's on the sea surface, use SURF.
    Surf for 50.000 steps and you will see a small pier in the middle of the ocean
    (like those piers you fought the fishermen onto while crossing the sea route
    to Pallet). A pokemon is on that pier: Krakenium!. Talk to it and initiate combat.
    After you catch it, escape with FLY.

3. Quetzakus
    -What it is: The Pokegod of storms.
    -Avatar: Looks like Quetzacoalt. It's eyes are blank. In Gameboy Color, it has yellow
    skin.
    -Type: Electric/flying.
    -Pokedex description: This ruthless creature feeds on the thunders' power and can
    cause storms so destructive that can warp the planet's shape.
    -How to catch it: Remember what Pokedex says about Pikachu? That when many
    Pikachus gather, they can cause thunderstorms? Well, that's the key. Build a team
    of 6 pikachus. Beat Pokemon League 288 times with that team. When Prof Oak
    shows up (after the 288th time), he'll say: ''Wow, your Pikachus keep winning. And,
    since you love them so much, i'll tell you a secret about them''. Then, he'll advice
    you to go to Viridian Forest with them (this is a requirement that activates the
    code). Go to Viridian Forest. A message will show up: ''What? Pikachus got out of
    the pokeballs themselves!''. The six Pikachus will start dancing a mysterious
    dance around you (in Yellow version, they will look more like Pikachus, whereas,
    in Red/Blue, they will be more generally drawn as Pokemon). A thunderstorm will
    break out and Quetzakus will descend from the sky. Talk to it and initiate combat.

4. Mozacuno
    -What it is: The fusion of the 3 legendary birds (Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno).
    -Avatar: You saw it at the manga.
    -Type: Electric/fire/ice (the only pokemon with 3 types!). Like Beedrill, even
    though it has wings, it's not considered flying type.
    -Pokedex description: After the 3 legendary birds are wounded in battle, they
    merge together to extract their revenge and form an unstoppable power.
    -How to catch it: In the beginning of the game, when you get Prof Oak's ''custom
    ball'' from Viridian's mart, don't give it to him yet. Fight wild pokemon in the
    grass areas around Viridian till your starter pokemon reaches level 100 (it will
    probably take a few decades, but trust me guys, it's worth it, this cheat works
    100%). After you're done, go to Prof Oak. He will comment: ''WHOAH, you made
    your pokemon so strong already?''. This will lead him to the decision to give you
    his custom ball, which turns out to be called ''loli ball''. Oak will advice you to save
    it for a really special pokemon. Rival will show up and the game will continue as
    normal for the time being. When you meet the 3 legendary birds, don't catch them,
    just defeat them. Also, you have to fight them in that order: Zapdos, Moltres,
    Articuno. You still have to add them to Pokedex though, either through trades or
    through the Ditto glitch. Later, when your pokedex is complete (150), the code
    will be activated and you will eventually encounter Mozacuno at some grassy area.
    It can only be caught with the ''loli ball'', not even a master ball will work on it!

5. Ghost Raticate
    -What it is: Rival's dead Raticate.
    -Avatar: Same as Raticate, but with blank eyes. In Gameboy Color, it has a spooky,
    purple color.
    -Type: Normal/ghost.
    -Pokedex description: Doesn't have one.
    -How to catch it: When you reach Lavender Town, build a team of 6 Raticates. Use
    that team against rival in Pokemon Tower. Lose on purpose to him 25 times. All 25
    times you lose on purpose, you have to start with all your Raticates at full health.
    After the 25th time you lose, you won't black out. The rival will say: ''Why are you
    doing this to me? Why do you keep reminding me of my dead, beloved pokemon?
    Are you that sadistic?''. Then, he will give you an item called ''Raticate's ashes'' and
    leave (your pokemon will be miraculously back at full health after that fight, even
    though you lost). After Fuji is saved, go back to the end of the tower where you
    found him and use ''Raticate's ashes''. This will summon the ghost of your rival's
    Raticate. Don't forget to have Silph Scope, or it will show up as an unidentified
    ghost. In that case, you have to start a new game and retry.

6. Mewpurr
    -What it is: Mewtwo's evolved form.
    -Avatar: Its head is pointy (like Perfect Cell's) and it's veins are creepily defined
    at various parts of its body.
    -Type: Psychic/???? (i have no idea what ''???'' type is about).
    -Pokedex description: This creation is the living proof that human science is
    dangerous and maybe it'd have been better if we had remained cavemen.
    -How to catch it: At Cinnabar's lab. Go to the note that says: ''Mewtwo is far
    too powerful. We failed to curb its vicious tendencies''. Read it 10.000 times in
    a row, without moving away from the table or saving the game. At the 10.000th
    time, your character will say: ''Huh? There was another note below that. How come
    i didn't notice? Wanna read it?''. Answer yes (if you answer no, you'll never be able
    to read it and you have to start a new game to retry this code). Anyway, this note
    says: ''Studying Mewtwo's genes, we discovered it can evolve. We don't know how
    the evolution will happen, but we hope it never happens. We shudder to think what
    that evolved form would be capable of''. Once more without saving, go to Pewter's
    museum. Stand right next to the spaceship and play pokeflute 10.000 times in a
    row (always without moving or saving). After the 10.000th time, the spaceship
    will shatter and a mysterious stone will be revealed. It's called ''sacred stone'' and
    can evolve Mewtwo into Mewpurr.

7. Extra cheat: How to go to Johto in Gen1.
    -After you complete your pokedex (including the 6 Pokegods), go to that guy in
    Rock Tunnel that used to say ''when you finish your pokedex, can i have it?''.
    Talk to him and he will say something like ''Wow, your pokedex is complete. May
    i have it?''. If you answer no, he'll say something like: ''Oh, bummer''. If you say
    yes, he will take it, thank you and let you in on a secret as a reward. He will tell
    you there are rumors that there are even more pokemon in a place far, far away,
    but he does not know how to get there. This will activate the code. Now, all you
    have to do is go to the glitch city (this is a well known code i won't bother explaining;
    look it up somewhere on youtube) and use FLASH 10.000 times (no walking or saving
    during the proccess). After the 10.000th time, a message will show up: ''What? The
    place is being warped''. The area around you will transform into New Bark Town.
    Congratulations, you're at Johto! You can wander at most of the cities and catch
    some common Gen2 Pokemon, but most houses are doorless and most people are
    mute, so you won't be able to do much more there. I guess the creators originally
    intended to include some of Johto area in Gen1 but changed their mind and forgot
    to take out the sprites.

Days
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    So here's a rumor that one of my friends told me a long time ago.

It's about RED from Generation 2. This supposed trainer only appeared in POKéMON Green (Japan-only) and how a glitched trainer was in the game.
    This trainer was the 'prime trainer' as my friend told me.
    Apparently, a trainer originally called Black was going to be in the game. He was the 'prime trainer'.

He never got a sprite nor name, so he appeared as this:

fkbfgk.png
    He had the exact same team as RED in Pokemon Gold and Silver.
    This was the team:
    25.png ピカチュウ
    espeonglitch.pngアパノ゙9ア
    143.pngカビゴン
    3.pngフシギバナ
    6.pngリザードン
    9.pngカメックス

How to encounter:
    Catch every 151 Pokemon in specific DV format so they turn Shiny in Gen 2.
    Then, catch 40 Glitch Pokemon.
    Use the trainer fly glitch on 5 trainers,
    then go to Lavender Town, go to the Name rater
    and a text box will appear saying:
    (ブラック: あなたのポケモンは私のものとは比べものになりません! 戦いの準備をしなさい、敗者!)
    And the battle will start.

I hope this works because my friend told me it was true.
    Unless that dirty mind of his used a hacked copy...

Years
  • This is such a fun idea. I don't have any off the top of my head, but I am reminded of two childhood ones I'd heard…

- If you go into Cerulean Cave, there is a very powerful Pokémon in the deepest pit. However, there are actually two. If you happen to interact with the wrong one, your GameBoy would shut off and never switch back on, even with fresh batteries.

- Misty is waiting on the 100th floor of the Battle Tower in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. She has a Charizard and will give it to you if you defeat her.

Obviously these two are pure nonsense, and were told to me by different kids back in.. 2000-2003. In hindsight, these kids weren't even quite as big fans of Pokemon as I was, but I was also 7~ years old, so I did indeed believe them for at least a while.

I'm absolutely going to craft my own and come back here with it though, it's too fun an idea.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • - If you catch the Vermilion City Snorlax in Gold or Silver (but not Crystal) with a Moon Ball, and trade it back to Gen 1 with the Time Capsule, the lack of data for a Moon Ball in Gen 1 will glitch its evolution data and make it evolve into Articuno if you use a burn heal on it while it isn't burned.

(Technically, this glitch works on any Pokemon, but it'll evolve into the next Pokemon in Gen 1's Pokedex order. Most of these are pretty useless for Pokedex completion since you can just catch or breed for them in Gen 2, but they're great for teaching Pokemon moves they otherwise wouldn't be able to learn. Evolution also resets the pokeball data, which prevents you from getting extra Mewtwo because Dragonite can't be caught without evolving a Dragonair in Gen 2.)

Spoiler:

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Short, but creepy one. Fill up every box and slot in your party with Gastly, haunter and Gengar and all of these Pokemon will fuse into the ultimate ghost of lavender tower which summons the marowak aparation. Both will join your team.

Back