• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[SwSh] Dubwool using cotton guard more than 2 times

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2019
    Just fought against a Dubwool with flufffy abilitty that used cotton guard atleast 4 times(I even lost count). He then proceeded to use body press against my Corviknight with +6 stat stage def(used Iron Defense 3 times) and almost OHKO it(he has 211 hp) with no crit. Shouldn't it be allowed to use cotton guard only 2 times, or am I missing something here?

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • What kind of message did you get after it used it for the fourth time? Because the max a Pokemon's stat stage can go is +6 and anymore gives this message "[x Pokemon]'s stats cannot go higher." (or something along the lines.)

As for Body Press, the damage goes by both user's and opponent's Defense stats. Basically, your Corviknight is at +6 Defense and since Dubwool is also attacking with its Defense stat (in this case, Dubwool's Defense is enhanced by both Fluffy and a +6 modifier), it makes it much more punishing hence nearly OHKOing your Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2019
    I know it can get to +6 max, that's why I thought it was odd because he used it sucessfully atleast 3 times("dubwool's def rose drastically"). That means he got more than 6 stat stages.

I'm aware of body press mechanics(I use it with my corviknight aswell). Thing is, he wasn't supposed to almost okho(he hit me for more than 200 hp) without critical because my corviknight was at +6 aswell. I fought other dubwools with +6 stat stages and they could barely hurt my corviknight with +6 body press, which was the case with this one aswell. I wouldn't complain if it was a critical hit, because I did almost okho other corviknights with bodypress + crit + 6 stat stage before, but without crit it's impossible unless he got more than 6 stat stages(which is my gripe here).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2019
    Does fluffy affect body press overall damage output? I thought it didn't affect defense stats directly.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If its Defense was lowered between Cotton Guards, that would allow it to Cotton Guard 3 times without getting the message saying it can't go higher.

And I'm pretty sure that Fluffy does not increase Body Press's damage

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2019
    He has careful nature. My corviknight is textbook comp build with perfect IV.

UlrickVGCMasters

UlrickVGCMasters
    Years
  • What kind of message did you get after it used it for the fourth time? Because the max a Pokemon's stat stage can go is +6 and anymore gives this message "[x Pokemon]'s stats cannot go higher." (or something along the lines.)

As for Body Press, the damage goes by both user's and opponent's Defense stats. Basically, your Corviknight is at +6 Defense and since Dubwool is also attacking with its Defense stat (in this case, Dubwool's Defense is enhanced by both Fluffy and a +6 modifier), it makes it much more punishing hence nearly OHKOing your Pokemon.

Who is Tokyodrift and how can I get a cool customized pokemon signature like that

Back