• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need a 6th Pokémon (VGC)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Need a 6th Pok?mon (VGC)

Haven't played VGC in 2 years. Need a 6th Pok?mon to balance out my team. Going for an Alola-exclusive theme team (Alola forms included) but if a 6th Pok?mon that isn't from Alola fits better, let me know!

Incineroar @ Incinium Z
    Adamant | Blaze
    252 HP/252 Atk/6 Sp.Def
    -Fake Out
    -Flare Blitz
    -Darkest Lariat
    -Protect

Bulky physical attacker. Fake Out to disrupt any opponent's initial setups. FB and DL for standard STAB.

Tapu-Fini @ Leftovers
    Bold | Misty Surge
    252 HP/116 Defense/140 Sp.Def
    -Calm Mind
    -Muddy Water
    -Moonblast
    -Protect

Bulky water Pok?mon. Wasn't too sure if I should've stuck with Primarina or Fini (because of Koko). Setting up Calm Minds to make its special attack useful and then muddy water since scald can't burn most mons in Misty Terrain.

Kartana @ Focus Sash
    Jolly | Beast Boost
    252 Atk/6 Sp.Def/252 Speed
    -Leaf Blade
    -Smart Strike
    -Sacred Sword
    -Protect

Fast physical sweeper. STAB moves along with sacred sword to counter any defense buffs on opponents. Meant to lead with Fini since they balance each other's weaknesses nicely.

Tapu-Koko @ Life Orb
    Timid | Electric Surge
    6 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
    -Thunderbolt
    -Dazzling Gleam
    -Volt Switch
    -Protect

I know it's odd to have Koko and Fini on the same team because of canceling terrains but I doubt I'll have them on the field together (since only 4 of 6 get selected). It's also 2 Fairy types on the same team but they only share poison weakness so not enough to make me upset. Koko I want to keep on my team for sure.

Kommo-o @ Fightinium Z
    Modest | Bulletproof
    244 HP/252 Sp.Atk/14 Speed
    -Clanging Scales
    -Focus Blast
    -Flamethrower
    -Protect

Its physical attack is slightly better but Intimidate and burns made it my special attacker. Focus Miss sucks but it's its only fighting special STAB so the Z crystal should alleviate it for a one time use. Clanging Scales is great. Flamethrower to deal with opposing Kartana's in case Incineroar isn't around.

Last edited:
    Years
  • it's hard to go wrong with Celesteela

Celesteela @ Leftovers
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 228 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 4 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Heavy Slam
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Protect

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    it's hard to go wrong with Celesteela

Celesteela @ Leftovers
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 228 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 4 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Heavy Slam
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Protect

I was thinking of Celesteela too but wasn't sure if having another Pok?mon weak to fire would be bad because of Kartana's 4x weakness. Or is that a non issue?

Back