• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LeafGreen hack: Pokemon: Advanced Adventure

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2019
    view the how to patch tutorial video whicih is posted in the OP

Edit: please download the new version! New revamps added and fixes!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Question.
    My emulator turns black after I start the hack (before you have to choose between Boy/Girl)
    I use a VBA and patched the .ips on a clean leaf green rom, anybody know what I did wrong??

Edit: Never mind watched Firenero's (sorry if is spelled the name wrong really can't remember) tutorial, and wasn't aware of the fact that I needed Lunar IPS patcher, game is working perfect ATM.
    :)

Last edited:

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2019
    Happy to hear ur rom is working :)

And yeah, dont worry about the bad egg, just ignore it

Years
  • This may have been answered already but i'll ask it anyway. When it says all pokemon are catchable? meaning how many? Lets say i wanted a electivire? yes?

I assume Fairy type is not in, and no mega forms. I did notice zekrom and reshiram in a screenshot. So how many 4th and 5th generation pokemon are in this?

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2019
    All pokemon from the first 3 gens, plus an additional 20 or so.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    This game is so fun lololol. It's a bit annoying being surrounded by trees everywhere though. But the towns are pretty open in the sense that the pokemon center and the pokemart aren't 2 steps from each other and I really enjoy stuff like that.

I also like the diversity in the pokemon. I thought it was a bit too soon to add the grass starters in the first two routes, but it's whatever. Like I said it adds diversity :].

Great hack dude! it's awesome.

voltachu

in training pokemon hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    As much as I hate to be a downer, I feel like this hack had so much potential only to be downgraded by execution.
    First and foremost, I'd like to say that the overworld looks great and the plot itself is pretty sound but the inserting of Ash/Misty as the main protagonist ,and Gary as the antagonist, completely degraded the plots credibility.
    Secondly, as an implication of having them as your chosen protagonist, you also gave the player their signature pokemon which, I feel, limited the freedom of the player by forcing them into owning one pokemon. It also rendered playing as Misty pretty redundant because pikachu is so much stronger early game, especially because Togepi's only offensive move is metronome.
    Secondly whilst route 1 is sound, route 2 is riddled with pokemon that essentially lower the difficulty of the game by heaps, seriously, including all the grass type starters and a scyther in the second route completely brings down the game's level of difficulty. Pokemon as strong as them should be something tricky but rewarding to find, not something gifted on a plate. On the note of route 2, the zangoose you catch there has the ability immunity which is completely redundant on a part steel type pokemon.
    Thirdly the map design in the forest I found was pretty poor. Where the correct way to travel to exit the forest was tucked away at the left of the map, the bridge coincidentally happens to have a cave on it, that would seem to have some serious significance later, on is blatantly shoved in your face. I can only assume it houses a legendary pokemon or something to that extent as "only the ruler of pokemon HQ has authority to enter the cave." Which sort of belittles the cave itself as it's just thrown in the middle of a forest.
    To wrap things up, and I suppose fourthly, I just found the sheer variety of pokemon early game just makes the game a complete breeze, in saying that I've only made it to the third town but even so, given what I've saw thus far I felt compelled to comment here.
    Either way, sound hack but from what I've seen thus far it could have been so much more. Kudos anyway on actually completing a hack.

Years
  • I played this for 2 minutes now and it already seems dark. Not as bad as snakewood. But why is my character so poor and eats dirt. And gary is like a spawn of the devil. And wants to kill. I think im afraid to go on but now im too curious to see how this turns out. It looks very good though. So I congratulate you on that.

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2019
    Thanks for your criticism I really appreciate that!

In regards to your:

1st comment: I put in Ash, Misty and Gary simply because those sprites are the ones most nostalgic to me! That is purely out of personal preference! But, in terms of the storyline, you haven't played through the whole thing yet, so I hope that your opinion of the storyline will change as you progress through the game!

2nd comment: By no means do you have to stick with your starter pokemon throughout your gameplay. But, that being said, I made it so that both togepi and pikachu have custom movesets. You may think that togepi is weak, but if you play along with it, you may just be very suprised by its power ;). Not only that, I also added in the togekiss evolution as well (via level up), making it stronger and also giving it more diverse moves!

3rd: In terms of difficulty of the game, I hope that as you continue to play it, it will get more and more difficult. I created that curve purposely. As for Zangoose's ability, maybe ill consider changing it.

4th: That cave is meant to stand out purposely, youll discover why in the after game.

5h: The variety of pokemon are there for a reason, you're gonna need that diversity!

Anyways continue to play the game, and thanks for the criticism. Im excited to hear ur opinion after youve beaten the game :)

@flamebot, you can test my aftergame scripts and make sure theyre all functioning properly!

Years
  • <I>2nd comment: By no means do you have to stick with your starter pokemon throughout your gameplay. But, that being said, I made it so that both togepi and pikachu have custom movesets. You may think that togepi is weak, but if you play along with it, you may just be very suprised by its power
    11.%20wink.gif
    . Not only that, I also added in the togekiss evolution as well (via level up), making it stronger and also giving it more diverse moves!</I>

Well atleast i know now so i may get togekiss.

I enter route 2 and encounter bulbasaur, chickorita, and treeko.

How far till i reach fire starters and water starters? need my charizard and swampert.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2018
    if anybody has asked it before itself den Im srry to ask u this question what v hav to do next or what all things v can do next after defeating gary and mewto in hq ???

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2019
    go to your house and try walking up to your bedroom, alternatively talk to your mom or Oak.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    How can the region's poorest person afford a two-story building, a official League cap, a jacket, two gloves, a shirt, a pair of snazzy jeans, and a pair of decent trainers, yet still has to eat dirt for a meal? Seriously, why not sell the jacket and the gloves, and even the cap, or move to a smaller house, and then have enough money to buy food and the bare necessities of life?

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2019
    If you're having trouble with the aftergame storyline, and dont know what to do then please refer yourself to the official walkthrough posted in the OP

b58

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2019
    The problem with the Dragon City is gone, but now I am blocked by 3 police officers on the way to the pokemon league. I was let by the one guard, but then 3 guards is blocking my access to the league. Can't talk to them.

I too am facing this problem, I'm using no game shark codes. I'm unable to talk to the security guards. this is the third time I'm playing this game. firstly, I couldn't use surf, then I couldn't talk to Drake and red at the dragon city. and now this problem. please help me..

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2014
    How can the region's poorest person afford a two-story building, a official League cap, a jacket, two gloves, a shirt, a pair of snazzy jeans, and a pair of decent trainers, yet still has to eat dirt for a meal? Seriously, why not sell the jacket and the gloves, and even the cap, or move to a smaller house, and then have enough money to buy food and the bare necessities of life?

Let's not forget a bed, a PC and even a NES. Oh, and a bookshelf. Yet still, ''...dirt for breakfast again''.

EDIT: And a TV

Last edited:
    Back