• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Emperor - Empoleon Legendary Treasures 83/113

Years
  • This week's card: Empoleon Legendary Treasures 83/113

Spoiler:

Rate, comment, and discuss!

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I find it an interesting card, though idk if can at all be considered good. The only way this pokemon can score a OHKO is to be at 120 hp or below and facing a pokemon with 130 hp remaining. When you compare it to the other empoleon card from DEX, its obviously inferior.

The lack of diving draw makes a huge difference. Also the fact that it takes 3 energy to do 70 damage while the DEX empoleon only requires 1 water and it can hit up to 120. Its 2 energy 50 damage is even worse since i find DEX empoleon rarely hits below 60 during any point in a game.

As for the artwork, i do like it. Trubbish riding on an Empoleon is rather cute. I kind of wish this card was just a reprint of DEX empoleon. Seeing as the artwork is really the most appealing thing to me about this card.

Years
  • For competitive play, it really could use some work, like you say, Profen. For casual play, it's downright brilliant if you can get it out. I do agree with your assessment on the artwork. It's probably the best aspect of the card.

9/10 for casual play, 5/10 for competitive play, and 8/10 for the artwork.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Emporer's Strike is the coolest name ever; 10/10. The artwork is both badass and adorable; 10/10. Strong moves with relatively low energy requirements and potential to do incredible amounts of damage; 10/10. It's a freaking penguin; 10/10. If you haven't already guessed, this card gets 10/10 from me! I'm only a casual player so the factors listed above by Profen don't apply so much to me, but this is a favourite of mine.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
    Years
  • 9/10 for casual play, 5/10 for competitive play, and 8/10 for the artwork.
    Lets just say i agree with Donavannj

Back