• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Error Pokémon card

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
Error Pok?mon card

I have an misprint Ex Legend Maker 70/92 Mysterious Fossil (non-reverse holo). The card is in near mint condition and I'm pretty sure it's a miscut. I've tried getting some more information about this Pok?mon card but without any result. Does anyone know the rarity and the value of this Pok?mon card? Or should I get it PSA graded?

These are the pictures:
https://m.imgur.com/50g1ril
https://m.imgur.com/CZbmQq9

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
i honestly dont know. Normally on a miscut the back is too, but then it does have a legit guide mark on the front.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Though that is absolutely no way close to mint, that's HP at best

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
i honestly dont know. Normally on a miscut the back is too, but then it does have a legit guide mark on the front.

OK, but I got the card from a booster pack years ago. And I've done some research on this card as well, so I'm sure it's real

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
OK, but I got the card from a booster pack years ago. And I've done some research on this card as well, so I'm sure it's real

It's probably real, I've just never seen a miscut where the back wasnt also heavily miscut. Pokemon cards didnt have the best QC back then so

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
It's probably real, I've just never seen a miscut where the back wasnt also heavily miscut. Pokemon cards didnt have the best QC back then so

OK. And what do you think about PSA Grading? Will that be a good choice? I don't want to spend too much money in PSA Grading if this card is not valuable

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
OK. And what do you think about PSA Grading? Will that be a good choice? I don't want to spend too much money in PSA Grading if this card is not valuable

Absolutely do not PSA it, it's in heavy played condition at best, you'd lose money grading it

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
OK, I agree with that. I decided to keep it for myself, without PSA Grading. Thanks anyway for your help :-)

Yeah, PSA isnt cheap and its only really worth doing on something in NM-Mint otherwise it costs you a lot more than you can ever generate from it. I'd keep it too, it's a piece of TCG history!

Years
OK, I agree with that. I decided to keep it for myself, without PSA Grading. Thanks anyway for your help :-)

Yeah, PSA isnt cheap and its only really worth doing on something in NM-Mint otherwise it costs you a lot more than you can ever generate from it. I'd keep it too, it's a piece of TCG history!

Agreed on not grading, but tagging both of you for this bit:

Miscuts can be perfectly fine on the back but be screwed up on the front since they're separate layers. At least every miscut I've ever packed has been fine on the back while being off center on the front. As Hands says, it's down to generally terrible card QC that TPCI has had when printing the cards, particularly back then when they had only taken the process over from WOTC something like 4 years prior.

I would have to double check on the miscuts thing I'm chiming in with, though.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Agreed on not grading, but tagging both of you for this bit:

Miscuts can be perfectly fine on the back but be screwed up on the front since they're separate layers. At least every miscut I've ever packed has been fine on the back while being off center on the front. As Hands says, it's down to generally terrible card QC that TPCI has had when printing the cards, particularly back then when they had only taken the process over from WOTC something like 4 years prior.

I would have to double check on the miscuts thing I'm chiming in with, though.

i've had about 15 miscuts. 12 were from arena battle decks (the keldeo/ray one) and their backs were also off center, but I assume that more to do with that run since they were rushed off the printing press to meet demand

Back